Ya'll may think I'm crazy but I love this team, warts and all

eball

We're witnessing the growing pains of a young and talented team that is fighting its way through obstacle upon obstacle, and that includes the HC and OC. Does anyone not believe that if EJ runs out of bounds in Cleveland rather than taking that shot to the knee, the Bills are probably at least 5-4 right now? What they've had to deal with at the QB position, combined with other key injuries, is nothing short of disastrous, and yet there they were, yesterday, pushing an 8-0 team all over the field.

There are lots of things that can be improved, there's no doubt, but I think this is the start of something pretty special. The worm will turn. If not during the 2nd half of this season, then in 2014 for certain.

Those of you bitching about who should be cut, or complaining that Marrone is a horrible HC and Hackett is an awful OC, really need to step back and take a look at how the team is playing, and compare it to what you see around the rest of the league.

If you disagree with my perspective that's fine, but to me it's so clear to see the difference on the field now as compared to the past decade+. The loss hurt yesterday, but I'm enjoying the hell out of watching this team.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're witnessing the growing pains of a young and talented team that is fighting its way through obstacle upon obstacle, and that includes the HC and OC. Does anyone not believe that if EJ runs out of bounds in Cleveland rather than taking that shot to the knee, the Bills are probably at least 5-4 right now? What they've had to deal with at the QB position, combined with other key injuries, is nothing short of disastrous, and yet there they were, yesterday, pushing an 8-0 team all over the field.

There are lots of things that can be improved, there's no doubt, but I think this is the start of something pretty special. The worm will turn. If not during the 2nd half of this season, then in 2014 for certain.

Those of you bitching about who should be cut, or complaining that Marrone is a horrible HC and Hackett is an awful OC, really need to step back and take a look at how the team is playing, and compare it to what you see around the rest of the league.

If you disagree with my perspective that's fine, but to me it's so clear to see the difference on the field now as compared to the past decade+. The loss hurt yesterday, but I'm enjoying the hell out of watching this team.

Agreed!

I may regret this, but I actually like the QB situation as well. If they can keep all 3 of these guys for the next couple years, I am happy! (Manuel, Lewis, and Tuel)

I'm with you eball. They have areas upon which they can improve, no doubt. But the defense played phenomonally well (although I would have liked a turnover or two) and an offense led by a non drafted rookie free agent had their way with the #1 defense in the league. To say those are encouraging events is a gross understatement.

I would have loved to have seen what this team/season looked like with EJ playing the last few weeks, but that wasn't to be. Instead, I just enjoy watching the fight in this team. Marrone has them ready to play every week and doesn't let anybody feel sorry for themselves. Not only do they look like they have direction for the first time in years, I really like the direction in which they're headed.

I think they will be very good, and I think it'll happen sooner rather than later. Go Bills!

I agree with your sentiments. From this vantage point they are trending upward towards future success. They have a chance to deliver on some of the promise we've been seeing in the remainder of this season.

Hopefully the big payoff begins next season with roster improvements and more experience/lessons learned for the coaching staff.

I also agree with this. We are not that far away really...

3-5 players away...need another WR like woods to compliment SJ...I do like Goodwin...but I'm speaking more of a route runner type guy. Marques Lee from USC!

After yesterday...we need a TE...I can't handle Chandler anymore. Key drops will kill a team and hurt confidence in our QB.

LB....we need another Kiko!

Love to see another stud at DT and DE....

But for the first time in a long time I have confidence where the teams going!

I also agree with this. We are not that far away really...

3-5 players away...need another WR like woods to compliment SJ...I do like Goodwin...but I'm speaking more of a route runner type guy. Marques Lee from USC!

After yesterday...we need a TE...I can't handle Chandler anymore. Key drops will kill a team and hurt confidence in our QB.

LB....we need another Kiko!

Love to see another stud at DT and DE....

But for the first time in a long time I have confidence where the teams going!

Jerry Hughes is your guy at DE.

Agreed. Call me a homer or a Kool-Aid drinker, I'm buying what Marrone and Comp are selling. Everyone here (myself included) critique and overanalyze the team ad nauseum; the problem is we cannot expect perfection from a first year QB, first year HC, first year OC and a slew of rookies (with the exception of Kiko because...well...he's Kiko)

Agreed. The results are disappointing, granted, but this team feels a lot different than what we have seen in the last 12 years or so. I think the game this Sunday (in Pittsburgh) is huge, in terms of showing how far this team has come. We are all pissed when they lose...but we can narrow most of these losses down to 1-3 key mistakes per game...rather than them just not showing up. I loved the way the defense played yesterday...and I think Tuel is alright for a third string QB... I am anxious to see EJ behind center again...never thought the playoffs were a realistic possibility this year, I just want to see real progress, and I feel like I am. I feel pretty positive about this team.

Agreed. The results are disappointing, granted, but this team feels a lot different than what we have seen in the last 12 years or so. I think the game this Sunday (in Pittsburgh) is huge, in terms of showing how far this team has come. We are all pissed when they lose...but we can narrow most of these losses down to 1-3 key mistakes per game...rather than them just not showing up. I loved the way the defense played yesterday...and I think Tuel is alright for a third string QB... I am anxious to see EJ behind center again...never thought the playoffs were a realistic possibility this year, I just want to see real progress, and I feel like I am. I feel pretty positive about this team.

We've been saying every game is huge for weeks now. I think we've run out of huge games. If they rattle off 5 straight wins then the last two games of the season will be huge. But this team needs to show they can win 2 in a row before I start expecting 5. Until that time, what's huge is that they just keep playing with toughness and heart, and they continue to learn what they are capable of as a team, because next year might really be good.

Edited by Right Manuel for the Job

Great post. I really enjoy watching this team too. They are finding some ridiculous and painful ways to lose, but they fight like mfers and have some real talent at a bunch of positions. I find myself mostly feeling sorry for the players and the coaches when they lose (as opposed to feeling sorry for myself, which is my normal fan reaction) - when I watch the games I feel like they deserve to win, even though there is clearly no 'deserve' in the NFL. I really hope they turn the corner this year or next, because they have the makings of something special. (I think.) (I hope.) (What the hell do I know?)

I disagree. Look at the age of our players & expiring contracts. Factor in our lack of depth & the fact we are $20 million under the cap, we just can't sustain injuries & win. Then turn to EJ, he's proven nothing besides the fact he is injury prone. We are still missing the key piece that consistent winners have, a franchise QB.

I disagree. Look at the age of our players & expiring contracts. Factor in our lack of depth & the fact we are $20 million under the cap, we just can't sustain injuries & win. Then turn to EJ, he's proven nothing besides the fact he is injury prone. We are still missing the key piece that consistent winners have, a franchise QB.

I was in a "happy little place" until you came along. :wallbash:

Eball for Prez -2014! Nice post. The board is so much more enjoyable to read the day after a loss.