This is why Marrone will make us a winner

“I’m pissed,” Marrone said. “I’m going to use that type of energy. I’m going to go home, not talk to anybody, just shut it down. I’m going to be by myself. I’m not going to pet my dog. I’m going to get fired up. I’m going to come to work tomorrow, watch this film, and I’m going to be a pro. I’m going to be a man.

They may look like the same old Bills, but things are different under Marrone.

Buffalo teams in the past would have folded when their third-string quarterback was introduced as the starter, let alone after he threw the pick-six. They continue to compete and give themselves an opportunity to win before falling short.

Marrone isn’t one for moral victories. He’s not going there, as he likes to say. The Bills dominated Sunday and lost. He was first in line to face the facts."

http://www.buffalone...rtaste-20131103

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BB, I liked the post game presser. But that doesn't absolve Marrone. Things are not different under Marrone. 3-6 ain't different. Marrone has a good quality roster. Where are the W's?

QB

we've had two rookie QBs and a PS guy as our starters. it's a miracle we have played as well as we have let alone won any games.

“I’m pissed,” Marrone said. “I’m going to use that type of energy. I’m going to go home, not talk to anybody, just shut it down. I’m going to be by myself. I’m not going to pet my dog. I’m going to get fired up. I’m going to come to work tomorrow, watch this film, and I’m going to be a pro. I’m going to be a man.

Buffalo teams in the past would have folded when their third-string quarterback was introduced as the starter, let alone after he threw the pick-six. They continue to compete and give themselves an opportunity to win before falling short.

Marrone isn’t one for moral victories. He’s not going there, as he likes to say. The Bills dominated Sunday and lost. He was first in line to face the facts."

I showed my girlfriend the video right after I saw it and I got excited. I told her this is why I love Marrone. But she obviously didn't see it my way. All she heard was I'm not going to pet my dog and said, what did the dog do to him? Women...

I showed my girlfriend the video right after I saw it and I got excited. I told her this is why I love Marrone. But she obviously didn't see it my way. All she heard was I'm not going to pet my dog and said, what did the dog do to him? Women...

She just doesn't get it...she'll come around.

While I like his fire...what I don't like is his OC hanging his QB's out to dry and then throwing them under the bus. Hackett just did that recently by stating that 15 of the 28 sacks are on the QB's.

Doug Marrone & Nate Hacket are 100% responsible for all their QB's play. Lets not forget that Tuel is so raw, and such a project at QB its not even funny. Why make the kid throw the ball against that Chiefs defense so many times? C'mon 18 of 39 for 229. one TD, 2 INT's. This is particularly unnerving when the Bills RB's were averaging 6.3 ypc against that vaunted Chiefs D, and rushed for 241 yards

When Hackett stated in the off season he was going to run Spiller until he threw up. Remember that line? Well, this week he should have given Spiller, Jackson, Choice the ball 50 times and let Tuel pass about 20-25 times max.

When you have an un drafted FA rookie QB making his first NFL start against the #5 defense in the league you don't pull a Chan Gailey, and make the kid the focal point of the offense. Tuel didn't play that badly considering how unpolished he is tho IMO. In college he had 4 wins out of 26 games. There was a reason he was un drafted.

I'm fine with Marrone...as long as he plants his foot so far up Hacketts backside it jolts him into actually wanting to run the ball more, and pass less often. I was all for defending the both of them because they are rookies at the NFL level, HC- OC. Heck I even defended Doug Whaley for his choice of LG Colin Brown, and backup guard who have both been cut. These guys are making way to many stupid mistakes this year.

“I’ll tell you this, I think Doug (Marrone) is a heck of a coach,” said Chiefs head coach Andy Reid. “He’s got a great staff and I knew they had a great defense coming in. If not the best one we’ve played thus far, surely one of the best ones. So I knew everybody was going to have to contribute, both sides of the ball and special teams. Everybody did that.”

Edited by ALF

That whole "i'm not going to talk to anyone, pet my dog" is all bull ****. Marrone is pissed? Well welcome to the club Doug. They are how many games into the season, losing far more games than they have won, and NOW he is pissed. You can't really think anything about that statement is going to make the Bills a winner.

Geez Doug, did your dog put the team into the situation where when the starting QB went down there was no viable backup and you had to look at every practice squad and unemployed QB in the league for one? If so, do us all a favor and fire that little !@#$er.

Edited by CodeMonkey

That whole "i'm not going to talk to anyone, pet my dog" is all bull ****. Marrone is pissed? Well welcome to the club Doug. They are how many games into the season, losing far more games than they have won, and NOW he is pissed. You can't really think anything about that statement is going to make the Bills a winner.

Geez Doug, did your dog put the team into the situation where when the starting QB went down there was no viable backup and you had to look at every practice squad and unemployed QB in the league for one? If so, do us all a favor and fire that little !@#$er.

Doug - please be pissed at Hackett. Some one said that Hackett has thrown some of QB's under the bus with the sack comment. You I agree with that statement, especially when Hackett wont come out and own up to the fact that he (Hackett) should not have put Tuel in that position on the 1 yard line. That is all on Hackett.

BS. the back-up, a veteran went out for the season right before pre-season. They brought in Leinert, traded for Thad Smith. Then EJ went down. Then Smith. They brought in Flynn. If the injuries didn't go down like this then we were looking at Kolb/EJ/Tuel or EJ/Kolb/Tuel. Veteran, 1st round picj=k and developmental guy. Just how exactly can anyone prepare for the rash of injuries???? And what awesome solutions were there piut there???? And don't say Tavares Jackson. He's a backup and was released before any of this happened.

While I like his fire...what I don't like is his OC hanging his QB's out to dry and then throwing them under the bus. Hackett just did that recently by stating that 15 of the 28 sacks are on the QB's.

Doug Marrone & Nate Hacket are 100% responsible for all their QB's play. Lets not forget that Tuel is so raw, and such a project at QB its not even funny. Why make the kid throw the ball against that Chiefs defense so many times? C'mon 18 of 39 for 229. one TD, 2 INT's. This is particularly unnerving when the Bills RB's were averaging 6.3 ypc against that vaunted Chiefs D, and rushed for 241 yards

When Hackett stated in the off season he was going to run Spiller until he threw up. Remember that line? Well, this week he should have given Spiller, Jackson, Choice the ball 50 times and let Tuel pass about 20-25 times max.

When you have an un drafted FA rookie QB making his first NFL start against the #5 defense in the league you don't pull a Chan Gailey, and make the kid the focal point of the offense. Tuel didn't play that badly considering how unpolished he is tho IMO. In college he had 4 wins out of 26 games. There was a reason he was un drafted.

I'm fine with Marrone...as long as he plants his foot so far up Hacketts backside it jolts him into actually wanting to run the ball more, and pass less often. I was all for defending the both of them because they are rookies at the NFL level, HC- OC. Heck I even defended Doug Whaley for his choice of LG Colin Brown, and backup guard who have both been cut. These guys are making way to many stupid mistakes this year.

They put the kid in a position to fail and that's what happened. A couple weeks ago he gets replaced by PS player Lewis after a bad showing in 2nd half loss to Cleveland and now all of a sudden they have 'faith' enough to call on him to throw the ball 30+ times? On the other side of the coin they've kept the chain on EJ tight with his starts? Puzzling..

Marrone will make this a winning team, but it won't be because of the tough talk in the press conference. It will be when he starts getting quality play at the QB position.

They had a winning game plan yesterday. It is not Marrone's fault that we're starting a 4th string QB. Forget the misread on the goal line. Tuel's first pick was one of the most grotesque throws you will ever see in an NFL game. They gave him a favorable opportunity and the man was not hit ONCE. You just can't hide a player like that forever.

BB, you know i dont often agree with you, but here i do. that was a tough matchup in the nfl with a starting qb on your roster. its a bit tougher when that starter is a rookie like EJ. its certainly not easy when its your backup (but wait, he was hurt too!), and when your third stringer comes in hes not going to have a great record (but 1-2 with a win against a division rival isnt shameful). When you get to your 4th... we played well, and i dont doubt this team will be ready to fight again next week. hopefully as the talent at qb comes back up with healthy players getting in the mix, we see the end results improve too.

Marrone will make this a winning team, but it won't be because of the tough talk in the press conference. It will be when he starts getting quality play at the QB position.

They had a winning game plan yesterday. It is not Marrone's fault that we're starting a 4th string QB. Forget the misread on the goal line. Tuel's first pick was one of the most grotesque throws you will ever see in an NFL game. They gave him a favorable opportunity and the man was not hit ONCE. You just can't hide a player like that forever.

I was shocked on the first pick...completely clean pocket...stepped into the throw and overthrew a 6' 7" TE by a wide margin...how is that possible???