QB Sneak

ET1062

Jeremy White has be preaching doing a QB sneak all season, the percentage of getting a first down in a short yardage situation is 80%. The Bills had a First and Goal at the One, four QB sneaks in a row and we take a 14 point lead and an undrafted rookie QB in his first NFL start doesn't throw a pick six. Marrone is being bullheaded by not running this play as he doesn't want to take advice from a radio talk show host in my opinion. Not doing a QB sneak has now cost us two games this season. I hope our new analytics guru has a talk with Doug on Monday and tells him this should be our standard play in short yardage situations.

Edited by ET1062

Jeremy White has be preaching doing a QB sneak all season, the percentage of getting a first down in a short yardage situation is 80%. The Bills had a First and Goal at the One, four QB sneaks in a row and we take a 14 point lead and an undrafted rookie QB in his first NFL start doesn't throw a pick six. Marrone is being bullheaded by not running this play as he doesn't want to take advice from a radio talk show host in my opinion. Not doing a QB has now cost us two games this season. I hope our new analytics guru has a talk with Doug on Monday and tells him should be our standard play in short yardage situations.

Is that the percentage on the goal line?

Is that the percentage on the goal line?

Not sure, but it worked for Detroit last week and Miami on Thursday night for TD's. I honestly can't recall it not working mainly because it is almost never called Edited by ET1062

We had nothing to lose with Tuel. If he was hurt, would we really be in worse shape with Flynn?

I was at a sports bar yelling the same thing. That play killed us as the Chiefs have no big comebacks. That is not how they play. We could have sat on that lead and just kicked field goals in any other possession.

Although the announcers today would be saying "what's wrong with KC" vs. what the Bills are creating.

My father was yelling at the TV 40+ years ago "Quarterback sneak!" When they did it - it worked!

Look at how effective Brady has been with it for all this time.

4th and 1 with Brady is automatic first down

Just go 4 wide spread the field out, reduce the amount of huge guys all piled up on the line of scrimmage and QB sneak it.

plus the sneak works well with a silent count and a simple tap on the center to snap the ball. this way all the rest of the players are acting like its a normal play with cadence and the QB just falls to one side of center based upon D line gaps. Works best in spread since one of the gaps over center is usually wider than the other. If your worried about a QB injury on a sneak I think QBs are more likely injured getting sacked or scrambling in space verus a fall over the center

Marrone said something interesting a few weeks ago "the center and the qb have to be comfortable with it"

Now we have three qb's and never use it , It could mean Wood is not comfortable either with the play or he just hasnt had enough time with the qb to get it right . At this point there needs to be some kind of explanation to why they never use it

at this point it would be a tendency breaker and an alomost automatic yard

Marrone said something interesting a few weeks ago "the center and the qb have to be comfortable with it"

Now we have three qb's and never use it , It could mean Wood is not comfortable either with the play or he just hasnt had enough time with the qb to get it right . At this point there needs to be some kind of explanation to why they never use it

at this point it would be a tendency breaker and an alomost automatic yard

Fair point.

No, because most here are smart enough to recognize that it's absolutely the right call.

Thank you. And the Bills are not the only team to outsmart themselves on the goal line yesterday. Did anyone see the Chargers' sequence on 1st a goal from the 1 at the end of regulation yesterday? Never has a team and a coaching staff more deserved to lose a game.

Even if a sneak gets stuffed.... you lose no yardage. Some of those running plays at the goal line are losing a yard a pop. I absolutely HATE the bring in 3 TE's and try to blow them off the ball. Guess what, KC brings in 3 equally large guys to blow it up. So now, not only does the RB need to beat the Dline, they can also get stuffed by running into the back of their own guys.

Edited by 5 Wide