Thad listed as doubtful

tito1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea - just got the text alert from the bills website. As marone said "it could be anyone"

Ej not running out of bound really pees me off.

Yea We could probably be in the drivers seat for the 2nd wildcard right now if he just steps out of bounds. You gotta think if Lewis doesnt play then its going to be Flynn. I cant imagine the horror show that Tuel would put together on Sunday.....

God help us

Hope Flynn has shown enough to give it a try. We are toast with Tuel

Not arguing with your projection that we are "toast" but to judge Tuel based on his performance against the Browns is difficult. He only had limited snaps and coaches spent all their time with EJ. This week, however, he has spent time with the first team (WR's, TE's, RB's). He has had significant snaps. Let's see how he does (if he does, in fact, play).

People are ridiculous for saying Tuel is going to be horrible, what are you basing that on? Tuel's game against the Browns, of which, coaches admittedly say he had 0 reps during practice that week? Give me a break!

Edited by HamSandwhich

People are ridiculous for saying Tuel is going to be horrible, what are you basing that on? Tuel's game against the Browns, of which, coaches admittedly said he had 0 reps during practice that week? Give me a break!

We are assuming that he stinks based on a poor college career, the ability to barely hold onto the starting job at Washington State, and a terrible performance against the Browns. Those three things to me do not add up to anything but a very very below average NFL qb. I hope I am wrong though....

This.

What was the guy like 2-25 as a starter in college?

He shouldn't even be on an NFL roster, let alone starting on Sunday.

A 50 year old Jim Kelly would be a better option at this point. I still having a feeling that if Thad is able to throw at all in the next day or two that he will indeed start. We need a special teams and Defensive TD to win this game.

Good Lord, Tuel is a horror show. What will the excuse be after he craps the bed this time around? Love the posters who think getting a week of snaps will turn him into a pro bowler. Funny how Marrone has gone to great lengths to try to avoid putting him anywhere near the field again, but I guess he's out of options.

People are ridiculous for saying Tuel is going to be horrible, what are you basing that on? Tuel's game against the Browns, of which, coaches admittedly say he had 0 reps during practice that week? Give me a break!

This....

Cant agree more HamSandwhich. Cut the kid a break. He's a unrestricted free agent signing who got as you said ZERO reps before the Cleveland game.. At least let the guy play a half and see what he can do.

BigPappy

We are assuming that he stinks based on a poor college career, the ability to barely hold onto the starting job at Washington State, and a terrible performance against the Browns. Those three things to me do not add up to anything but a very very below average NFL qb. I hope I am wrong though....

This unfortunately. I am cool if they think that he could be a serviceable backup in a few years but if you were to rank the roughly 100 QBs in the NFL where would Tuel rank? I think that he would be pretty close to 100. It has to be Flynn if Thad can't go.

An aside, last week when Lewis got hurt Tuel looked scared to death. We were right behind the bench and usually when you see a QB get hurt the backup runs to get his helmet and start throwing. Tuel just stood there for like 5 minutes. We couldn't believe it. It reminded me of Trent Edwards.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

that is very short sited thinking indeed. How good was Tom Brady in College? Admiringly I don't know the answer, but he was a 7th round draft pick so logic tells me,...probably not that great. Well I guess how how that turned out. Can you say Hall of Fame QB! Good thing your not our GM or coach!

BigPappy

Edited by BigPappy

Good Lord, Tuel is a horror show. What will the excuse be after he craps the bed this time around? Love the posters who think getting a week of snaps will turn him into a pro bowler. Funny how Marrone has gone to great lengths to try to avoid putting him anywhere near the field again, but I guess he's out of options.

No one has ever said that.

College is college, if he gets the chance, lets see what he can do in the NFL. To be clear, I'm not saying I think he's going to be awesome. I think he may very well fall on his face, I'm just saying, you can't judge him on his quarter and a half of NFL production. He was signed for a reason, poor college past or not, its in the past. The coaches see something in him. I trust them more than I trust TBDers. No offense ;-)

that is very short sited thinking indeed. How good was Tom Brady in College? Admiringly I don't know the answer, but he was a 7th round draft pick so logic tells me,...probably not that great. Well I guess how how that turned out. Can you say Hall of Fame QB! Good thing your not our GM or coach!

BigPappy

Tom Brady was 20-5 in the two years that he started at Michigan. Jeff Tuel was 4-22 in the 3 years that he started at Washington State. So just based on that, Tom Brady was indeed better in college

If Thad can't go I'll take KC -3 all day. While I don't think Thad is anything other than a tough mofo that can't make progressions quick enough, I think we have a good shot at winning. If tuel starts, I think we get blown out by the leagues #1 defense. If Flynn starts, I have a feeling I will hate Flynn after the game....but there's a glimmer of hope for a bills win. Very small glimmer.

BigPappy

A post so bad I think you might be trolling

Fixed

Edited by NewEra