Thad is not practicing today

KikO M G

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you mean dumb enough? You don't really think Andy Reid is laying awake nights wondering if Lewis, Tuel, or Flynn will be the Bills QB do you? :)

I'll tell you what too, if Thad's ribs really are that sore (and I suspect they are), and Marrone STILL starts Lewis over Tuel, then WTF is Tuel even still doing on the team?

Tuel is a long term development project. He has potential, but he is simply not ready. If Lewis can't go or has to leave the game, it would not surprise me at all to see Flynn if he has picked up enough of the playbook.

Tuel is a long term development project. He has potential, but he is simply not ready. If Lewis can't go or has to leave the game, it would not surprise me at all to see Flynn if he has picked up enough of the playbook.

You could say the same thing about every QB on the roster--they are all long-term development projects.

If it goes down this way I feel bad for Lewis, but with a national audience and solid first team reps all week it is Tuels chance to make an impression. Against the KC D I just hope the impression is not a Tuel sized crater at the Ralph.

If Tuel starts it will indeed be ugly. Stacking the box against the run and baiting Tuel into risky throws. Bills' D and/or ST will need to score.

If Tuel starts it will indeed be ugly. Stacking the box against the run and baiting Tuel into risky throws. Bills' D and/or ST will need to score.

I suspect they will put the rookie treatment (max blitz) on him. Worked for Cleveland and Washington in pre season. I put the onus on Hackett Jr. to have a plan to counteract this.

I also put the onus on Coach Marrone to have Tuel Time on a short leash and bring in Flynn if need be.

Edited by reddogblitz

Agree with this 100%. I do think Flynn was just a product of playing in a good system and a ton of talent in GB. But I'd rather see him or Dixon before Tuel (no offense to him).

certainly is - i wouldnt expect him to toss 6 tds or steal the starting job but as a hold the ship together for a few quarters kind of guy, i think hes acceptable, as is dixon. tuel, unlikely.

Not really. Tuel is an UDFA rookie, Flynn has starting NFL experience who has bounced around the league a few times now. It's put up or shut up time for him.

How many games has Flynn started? 1, 2 maybe? All of these guys are projects-- which makes the Thad vs Tuel vs Flynn vs Dixon debate silly. They all are bad options for this Sunday.

How many games has Flynn started? 1, 2 maybe? All of these guys are projects-- which makes the Thad vs Tuel vs Flynn vs Dixon debate silly. They all are bad options for this Sunday.

Agreed they're all bad options, however, as bad as I think it would be if Tuel were to play this week, he may have better long term potential than Flynn. Flynn is 28, on his 4th team in 6 years of NFL experience. His experience I think makes him a better option to at least try short term; longer term I think project is a little late for that.

Agreed they're all bad options, however, as bad as I think it would be if Tuel were to play this week, he may have better long term potential than Flynn. Flynn is 28, on his 4th team in 6 years of NFL experience. His experience I think makes him a better option to at least try short term; longer term I think project is a little late for that.

Agreed.

SJBF -- I'm pretty sure the coaching staff preaches to EJ that he needs to slide or get out of bounds. He's simply a competitive guy and you never know how someone is going to react in the heat of the moment. It's something he'll have to force himself to learn, and there's no better lesson than not being able to play as a result.

Case in point -- does anyone else remember Brady's first season when he took off running against the Bills and Nate Clements damn near took his head off? Brady stopped doing that stuff soon thereafter.

I mostly agree with you and would fully agree except that the latest injury came close on the heels of his preseason injury which he suffered by scrambling and being tackled.

I know he's a football player and not a china doll but I personally would like to see him run out of bounds and/or throw the ball away and avoid ever getting hit.

As an NFL QB he'll be hit in the pocket often enough.

Hopefully someday he'll be an established star and it will be crucial for the team's success that he stay healthy.

Until that time, as a young ascending QB it is crucial that he stay healthy to progress and develop properly.

IMO only two things can derail his career: bad coaching and injuries.

While he can't pick who his coaches are he can learn to protect himself at all times.