Prediction Thread for Bills - Chefs

YoloinOhio

Are we still allowed to call them the Chefs? Ok, I am extremely worried about this game because it looks like the game that will determine the season and most Bills fans I have seen pretty confident we can do it. As with most of our games, this can go either way. Adv Bills: It is at home, could be trap game for Chiefs heading into Bye week, Alex Smith is not Drew Brees :). Adv Chiefs: Thad Lewis, Jamall Charles, KC DL vs Bills OL.

The Bills have really beat up the Chiefs the last couple years and have been able to contain Charles. But this is Charles in a whole new offense and he is being used more like a Brian Westbrook by Reid, on pace for 2000 all-purpose yards. He is what CJ was supposed to be for us this year before the ankle injury/interesting play calling. Charles has been injury prone in the past but this year he has shown what he always was supposed to be. He worries me... a lot. The Bills did a great job on Sproles last week but as a result gave up huge plays downfield. Cheifs do not have nearly the pass offense of NO but they do have good WRs and an above average QB who protects the ball and makes almost no bad decisions. The Bills defense is most successful when they can take the ball away... if they can't do that I am afraid of not being able to outscore KC. KC's DL is really, really, really good. I fear pressure on Thad, big sacks, and potential fumbles again giving Smith a short field. That said.. Chiefs allowing almost 5 yds a carry in rush D and a fair amount of sacks too.

17-13 Bills

Circle those wagons and GO BILLS!!!!!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills defense bottles up the KC run game, but the Chiefs figure out how to get the ball to Dexter McCluster in space. Big game for DMcC. Fred Jackson runs like an antelope through the KC defense gaining 100+ yards and a touchdown. Thad with another very mediocre game throwing for 214 yards 1 TD (to Scott Chandler) and 2 interceptions. Bills get after Smith in a big way with 4.5 sacks, and Carpenter hits a couple field goals.

Bills 20

Chiefs 14

The Chiefs haven't given up more than 17 points all year. With how much Thad struggled against NO, it would be a stretch to assume the Bills will be the first team to exceed that total. That being said, they can't keep up this pace all year, nor can they keep up the undefeated season. The question is whether this is the game the Chiefs will come back down to earth a bit.

So much is riding on this game for the Bills. If they win, not only are they one of the main national stories on Monday, but they will have also put themselves in a solid position for a playoff push with several "easier" games coming up. If they lose, same old Bills, 3-6, looking like even 8-8 is out of reach.

Meanwhile, it's almost an acceptable loss for the Chiefs. They've already played much better than anyone thought and have basically locked up a playoff spot after being the worst team in the league last year. The Bills are at home and the Ralph will be super amped up for this game.

That's why I think the intangibles favor the Bills and they will buck the statistical trends which have been so favorable to the Chiefs so far this season. It is the appropriate game for them to come back down to earth.

Bills win 20-16.

Like I stated in another thread, a PS QB coming off a rough outing, Spiller probably out, and SJ13 probably hobbling I don't see the Bills offense scoring much against the KC D. Therefore it's going to take a superhuman effort by the Bills D and ST with an assist from a very loud 12th man to even give them a chance.

20-9 KC.

Edited by CodeMonkey