You Sriracha lovers could be in BIG trouble!!!

Beerball

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am the same way. I really don't care for any tomato based (and even pepper based) sauce w/sugar added to it. I do like Sriracha, though but in moderation. My mother-in-law's tomato sauce uses way too much sugar... The family raves about it... But I just go along with flow and nod agreeingly if you get my drift... Keeps the peace. After I leave, I wanna puke! It is so runny too! LoL ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I am the same way. I really don't care for any tomato based (and even pepper based) sauce w/sugar added to it. I do like Sriracha, though but in moderation. My mother-in-law's tomato sauce uses way too much sugar... The family raves about it... But I just go along with flow and nod agreeingly if you get my drift... Keeps the peace. After I leave, I wanna puke! It is so runny too! LoL ;-)

I am looking right at a bottle of sriracha I bought years ago and never used because it was to sweet. Ingredients- Chili sugar garlic vinegar. Why in the world anyone put sugar in a hot sauce? Do they put it on hamburgers also?

I am looking right at a bottle of sriracha I bought years ago and never used because it was to sweet. Ingredients- Chili sugar garlic vinegar. Why in the world anyone put sugar in a hot sauce? Do they put it on hamburgers also?

I don't know either... Again, I like it in moderation occasionally be on the "Sriracha" kick and then it gets old and won't have it for a while. Now my son (15) laps that stuff up by the gallon... Only hot (it is a chili sauce) sauce that he likes straight out of the bottle!

It definately Asian as the name (place in Thailand) implies. IMO, still unique.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I don't know either... Again, I like it in moderation occasionally be on the "Sriracha" kick and then it gets old and won't have it for a while. Now my son (15) laps that stuff up by the gallon... Only hot (it is a chili sauce) sauce that he likes straight out of the bottle!

It definately Asian as the name (place in Thailand) implies. IMO, still unique.

Don't know about unique. Pretty basic recipe. Think it would be good if they left the sugar out.

Don't know about unique. Pretty basic recipe. Think it would be good if they left the sugar out.

I like sriracha quite a bit. It's got more heat than Cholula - which, for me, is a more "everyday, everything" kind of hot sauce. Sriracha also has more heat than Tabasco, which I also use on mostly anything. I like sriracha on rice and vegetables.

I like sriracha quite a bit. It's got more heat than Cholula - which, for me, is a more "everyday, everything" kind of hot sauce. Sriracha also has more heat than Tabasco, which I also use on mostly anything. I like sriracha on rice and vegetables.

I Use mostly La Victoria Enchilada sauce [hot] on most things and Franks on wings and shrimp. If I want it hotter[tacos] I cook habaneros in the meat. I do NOT want sugar in my hot sauce.

I Use mostly La Victoria Enchilada sauce [hot] on most things and Franks on wings and shrimp. If I want it hotter[tacos] I cook habaneros in the meat. I do NOT want sugar in my hot sauce.

I'm gonna try this. Going to the supermarket after work. I'll look for it.

Cuts the acidity of the vinegar.

Look at the ingredients in La Victoria enchilada sauce. No tomato's only peppers . I have trouble finding the hot version though. You may not. Very good though and I am a enchilada junkie.[3x a week.]

All they had was mild. I didn't bother. I'll look at another place this weekend.

Edited by Gugny

Just tried it recently and I'm not a fan. Couldn't figure out what it was until I read this thread. On topic, I've worked in a company for 15 years now that makes an entire village smell like onions and garlic and not once has anyone complained. They all love the smell.

Just tried it recently and I'm not a fan. Couldn't figure out what it was until I read this thread. On topic, I've worked in a company for 15 years now that makes an entire village smell like onions and garlic and not once has anyone complained. They all love the smell.

Keeps the vampires away.

• 3 weeks later...