Are we seeing Spiller 2.0 in Andre Ellington?

FireChan

As of this week, Ellington has 333 yards on 43 carries with a 7.7 AVG. He's been breaking off big runs all year, but the "foolish" coaching staff is refusing to give him all of the carries, instead giving most to Mendenhall, who is averaging 3.1, but is a more physical runner than Andre. Ellington had a breakout game last week when Mendenhall got hurt, breaking off a huge TD run with his outside speed.

He's also from Clemson.

Interesting.

And yes, two fast RB's from the same school is basically the comparison I'm making here. Sue me.

Edited by FireChan

As of this week, Ellington has 333 yards on 43 carries with a 7.7 AVG. He's been breaking off big runs all year, but the "foolish" coaching staff is refusing to give him all of the carries, instead giving most to Mendenhall, who is averaging 3.1, but is a more physical runner than Andre. Ellington had a breakout game last week when Mendenhall got hurt, breaking off a huge TD run with his outside speed.

He's also from Clemson.

Interesting.

And yes, two fast RB's from the same school is basically the comparison I'm making here. Sue me.

My question: Is it OK yet if I laugh at the idea that CJ Spiller is going to rush for 2,000 yards and become a HOF'er? It was blasphemy this summer. :rolleyes:

When does Spillers contract run out?? will be very interesting to see what the Bill's do about re-signing him. He's injury prone and has some mileage by then. I'd like to se ethem trade him when he as a year left, likely is one of the few on the team wit hdecent trade value assuming he comes back at some point and plays like last season.

When does Spillers contract run out?? will be very interesting to see what the Bill's do about re-signing him. He's injury prone and has some mileage by then. I'd like to se ethem trade him when he as a year left, likely is one of the few on the team wit hdecent trade value assuming he comes back at some point and plays like last season.

How is he injury prone? He has a high ankle sprain...so that makes him injury prone? Please explain to me how a guy who has missed one game in the last 3 years is injury prone.

Well I have to say was amazed that he never missed a game prior to this week. Seemed like he missed a bunch, but may have been just minor injuries. On the other hand how many games was he nicked up? Played only part of game, had limited carries, etc. Granted hard to figure for certain last two years how much was due to him being nicked up vs how much did CG sit him when it "wasn't his turn"? Personally I'd be nervous about signing him to big extension which I'm sure he'll be seeking as questionable how much he'll play

How is he injury prone? He has a high ankle sprain...so that makes him injury prone? Please explain to me how a guy who has missed one game in the last 3 years is injury prone.

He's a 150 carry/ year workhorse.

Wasn't he banged up for a couple game in 2012? 19 carries in 3 games? Thank god he didn't miss those games. He also had 21 carries through the first 10 weeks of the 2011 season. I don't know if we can make the "injury prone" conclusion yet.

Edited by FireChan

He's a 150 carry/ year workhorse.

Nice :lol:

no, were seeing spiller 2.0 in gio bernard

I see Spiller as kind of a Terry Metcalf of today. A guy who can make great plays but is by no means a great player. I wish he would prove me wrong but it ain't happening at 26 years of age.

I see Spiller as kind of a Terry Metcalf of today. A guy who can make great plays but is by no means a great player. I wish he would prove me wrong but it ain't happening at 26 years of age.

4 years left in the career? Can't wait til everyone calls him a "bust" and uses him to point to Buddy's incompetence.

Since he was way before my time, I had to look up Terry Metcalf. Here are his stats: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MetcTe00.htm

Metcalf's career high in rushing was 816 yards. Spiller's was 1,244. TM's career ypc was 4.6. Spiller is at 5.1. So yeah, they're basically the same player. :lol:

Spiller was playing through a high ankle sprain. It is one of the worst injuries a rb can have. Yet, if Spiller sits out, he is soft. But when he plays through it and struggles (still averaging 4 ypc which is what Lynch & McGahee did in their prime in Buffalo), he gets criticized. Great stuff.

Since he was way before my time, I had to look up Terry Metcalf. Here are his stats: http://www.pro-footb.../M/MetcTe00.htm

Metcalf's career high in rushing was 816 yards. Spiller's was 1,244. TM's career ypc was 4.6. Spiller is at 5.1. So yeah, they're basically the same player. :lol:

Spiller was playing through a high ankle sprain. It is one of the worst injuries a rb can have. Yet, if Spiller sits out, he is soft. But when he plays through it and struggles (still averaging 4 ypc which is what Lynch & McGahee did in their prime in Buffalo), he gets criticized. Great stuff.

:lol: Your facts and logic have no place here! Let the crusaders have their fun!