Are we seeing Spiller 2.0 in Andre Ellington?

FireChan

Since he was way before my time, I had to look up Terry Metcalf. Here are his stats: http://www.pro-footb.../M/MetcTe00.htm

Metcalf's career high in rushing was 816 yards. Spiller's was 1,244. TM's career ypc was 4.6. Spiller is at 5.1. So yeah, they're basically the same player. :lol:

Spiller was playing through a high ankle sprain. It is one of the worst injuries a rb can have. Yet, if Spiller sits out, he is soft. But when he plays through it and struggles (still averaging 4 ypc which is what Lynch & McGahee did in their prime in Buffalo), he gets criticized. Great stuff.

See my point in the other thread.......Jamal Charles came into this season as the NFL's all time career leader in YPC at a whopping 5.79 per attempt.

The yards are easier to come by today......if you want them on the ground. A back who gives you 10-12 carries and 5 ypc......ain't nobody stopping to pick up that nickel.

Metcalf was the same type of player CJ is now. I am probably even doing something of a disservice to Metcalf....he was held in higher esteem in his day than Spiller is now.

And don't forget they played 14 games back then, not 16. His rushing attempts per game numbers are about the same in an era when defenses were built to stop the run.