Marshawn Lynch E:60 puff piece

BADOLBILZ

I am not an apologist at all for this behavior. And to my knowledge Lynch served his punishment and dealtwith all iissues. He is no different then any other DWI/DUI driver.

I am not making excuses for his behavior. In fact I think he owned up to it in the interview. They did not show it all and I am sure more was said but Lynch has grown up. There are a dime a dozen players in the league like him. That speaks for him and against him. They can't all be angels and they won't all make the best decisions. That he served his punishment. That he is making his life better, it seems, says all I need to know. He was a troubled youth, a misguided teen and an ignorant young adult. What he is today we can only wait until tomorrow to find out. But much like everyone else in society I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

After which event did he grow up? The hit and run, the gun charge arrest or the DUI?

I'm not apologizing or sympathizing with DUI/DWI drivers or Lynch. I am sympathezing that I do not know that struggle to transition from poor kid to millionaire.

Maybe it was all fluff for ESPN. Maybe Lynch is just good in front of the camera. I am not excusing his behavior for his upbringing but I am saying we judge this guy too strictly. I am not saying he needs to be handled with kid gloves, either. I am saying that around the league there is a lot of questionable behavior. Much of it unreported. Alonso had at least two alcohol related offenses prior to being drafted. Jim Kelly was a legend for his partying. Thurman is a nut case. Bruce drinks and drives for recreational purposes. Its a different world we do not live in and one we can only judge from our seats.

I'm not apologizing or sympathizing with DUI/DWI drivers or Lynch. I am sympathezing that I do not know that struggle to transition from poor kid to millionaire.

Maybe it was all fluff for ESPN. Maybe Lynch is just good in front of the camera. I am not excusing his behavior for his upbringing but I am saying we judge this guy too strictly. I am not saying he needs to be handled with kid gloves, either. I am saying that around the league there is a lot of questionable behavior. Much of it unreported. Alonso had at least two alcohol related offenses prior to being drafted. Jim Kelly was a legend for his partying. Thurman is a nut case. Bruce drinks and drives for recreational purposes. Its a different world we do not live in and one we can only judge from our seats.

fair enough, and part of why i was certain to say my opinions matter little. mostly, it just bothers me when people are very quick to slant to story because they are upset with (or support) the trade.

truth is hes a guy that has done some good, done some bad. it doesnt have to be all one or the other and few of us know outside of the big time issues. his list of bad is long enough though that im not going to simply assume that no news is good news - though it could be.

Hey, I'm not going to say I don't keep a shovel and a couple bags of lime in the taligate van in the event of such a circumstance.......but as yet I have neither driven drunk or left any of my pedestrian victims for dead.

You're going to want to swap out the bags of lime for bags of lye. It's a common mistake to confuse the two. Don't feel bad, it happened to me the first time I was trying to dispose of a dead pedestrian. Boy, was I embarrassed.

Edited by need therapy

Name one NFL player that hasn't hit a pedestrian while driving drunk, drove away, tried to dodge responsibility for it and then driven drunk and got busted for a DUI again. You can't, can you? It's a product of being in the NFL.

How was this poor guy supposed to cope with Applebees being the best place to hang when he has millions of dollars to blow?

Are you honestly excusing a hit and run??

Exert from my original post- Not saying that this justifies hitting someone but navigating through Chippewa with people obviously belligerent as can be, ignoring any rules of the road...

I love the response BTW...you guys are hilarious!!!! :w00t:

I have a question for all you that are so quick to judge & condemn (tongue inserted in cheek). YOU ARE SUCH HYPOCRITES...PLEASE STOP IT !!! I for one would NEVER say that would Lynch did was except-able. My point being, remove him from the equation and insert ANY 20-something into a situation where their career is on the line & living in a fish bowl while trying to still have some normalcy...I know I'm asking a lot on a fan board but jeez!!! :doh:

Lynch mentioned the slush of buffalo too, i think he thought he was going to NY.

He really wanted out of here too, i dont think he enjoyed his stay here

Ya think? LOL!!!

I just wonder why we don't hear these complains about other cold weather locations from other athletes? Maybe the fan base here is just a little bit over the top on certain issues...every time I read a report or post from fans or WGR of why someone wouldn't choose Buffalo, I just CRINGE!!! Its like the battered wife syndrome , self mutilation or something. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Exert from my original post- Not saying that this justifies hitting someone but navigating through Chippewa with people obviously belligerent as can be, ignoring any rules of the road...

I have a question for all you that are so quick to judge & condemn (tongue inserted in cheek). YOU ARE SUCH HYPOCRITES...PLEASE STOP IT !!! I for one would NEVER say that would Lynch did was except-able. My point being, remove him from the equation and insert ANY 20-something into a situation where their career is on the line & living in a fish bowl while trying to still have some normalcy...I know I'm asking a lot on a fan board but jeez!!! :doh:

It was less about the hitting -- which I get; accidents happen -- than the running.

Edited by dave mcbride

It was less about the hitting -- which I get; accidents happen -- than the running.

coupled with the likelihood of being impaired, and repeating that mistake after.... between the running and the lack of learning.... im not very sympathetic to his situation. he deserves to be taken to task for it, even if you like the guy or think its a tough situation.

You're going to want to swap out the bags of lime for bags of lye. It's a common mistake to confuse the two. Don't feel bad, it happened to me the first time I was trying to dispose of a dead pedestrian. Boy, was I embarrassed.

This makes me wish we had the 'like' button. Friggin' funny. Nice job.

Wow. Some of the worse spelling I've seen here in a long time. That's your question?? Don't drop out!

Anyway, left leg out front, right arm cocked with rock in hand... Heave stone! He's a witless thug and I don't miss him.

Wow. Some of the worse spelling I've seen here in a long time. That's your question?? Don't drop out!

Anyway, left leg out front, right arm cocked with rock in hand... Heave stone! He's a witless thug and I don't miss him.

My apologies for the auto spell problems teacher. I'll promise to do better next time...