The Bills' Puzzle - How Many More Pieces Do We Need?

I think he'd be able to can the ST coach because Marrone isn't a ST coach himself. Crossman isn't his protege per se and firing his underperforming friend would earn a lot of respect from the fan base.

You also said we need a MLB? We have a budding star at MLB.

Yeah another stud next to Kiko when we're in a 2 MLB and 2OLB formation with a 3 man front...

Not to turn this on its head, and maybe I will make a thread about this later in the week - I am sure glad we did not make some of the moves we could have. Keeping D.Bell, getting Vick, Mario Manningham or whatshisnamewhonowsucksinSanDiego.

We need a TE. I do not want to reach for a TE because any TE in rounds 3 and up will be no better then what we have. The FA's in the position have folded the last few years so I do not have much confidence there.

FA: G/C, OLB, DT/NT

Draft in order of priority:

LG

DE

CB

TE

RB

DT

S

not in any order.......starting QB(Thad could be an excellent backup), 2 LBs, O coordinator(enuff sickly child runs up the middle when we need to respond to a score and zero screen game).

our corners are fine.our safeties are fine.our WRs our passable they just dont get the ball because of our QBs.

A guard.

A pash rusher opposite Mario.

Agree on the OC and ST coach

OLB

Athletic TE

Big talented receiver--I move Stevie to slot receiver.

Isn't Stevie currently our slot receiver? That's why we see Hogan out there as a backup instead of Easley, because Marcus is strictly an outside guy. I would like a bigger outside receiver than Graham and Goodwin though. The loss of Carrington has hurt us, if we can keep him he may do.

Isn't Stevie currently our slot receiver? That's why we see Hogan out there as a backup instead of Easley, because Marcus is strictly an outside guy. I would like a bigger outside receiver than Graham and Goodwin though. The loss of Carrington has hurt us, if we can keep him he may do.

Yeah thats what Im saying, Graham and Goodwin can battle for the 4th receiver spot, have a big athletic guy who can start and catch the ball in tight coverage, opposite Woods with Stevie in the slot.

Yeah thats what Im saying, Graham and Goodwin can battle for the 4th receiver spot, have a big athletic guy who can start and catch the ball in tight coverage, opposite Woods with Stevie in the slot.

Wouldn't a nice sleek TE do that? I'd rather keep the pieces at WR and add that type of talent at TE...

Wouldn't a nice sleek TE do that? I'd rather keep the pieces at WR and add that type of talent at TE...

I would want both(a good athletic TE and a big fast WR), wouldnt play a fullback much so you would be starting 3 WRs and a TE. I just dont ever see Graham or Goodwin being 1000 yard type receivers.

I would want both(a good athletic TE and a big fast WR), wouldnt play a fullback much so you would be starting 3 WRs and a TE. I just dont ever see Graham or Goodwin being 1000 yard type receivers.

Remember that at the end of the season...

Summers is going to make more and more of an impact as the season continues.

There was a reason Fitz got rid of the ball as quickly as he did. The O-line can't protect for more than a few seconds. I was yelling "get rid of it" to my TV several times today because I knew that Thad was playing with fire by holding the ball for more than a few seconds while he looked for an open receiver. That is a skill that must be developed by whoever is playing QB, at least until the O-line starts playing much better.

There is not much the OL can do when the Saints were bringing one player than the line could block. That's where an athletic TE would be beneficial for a young QB to beat the man coverage.That being said, here is my list (assuming EJ becomes the franchise player we all hope):

1- Ball hawking DB (draft, way too costly in FA)

2- Road grading OG (draft or FA)

3- Athletic TE (draft or FA)

4- ILB (to pair w/Kiko)

5- RB (one cut & go type, FJ's not getting any younger- late rd draft pick)

Remember that at the end of the season...

Summers is going to make more and more of an impact as the season continues.

Well there's this team in Denver, they have D, Thomas(big athletic WR), Decker at the other and Julius Thomas(athletic TE) and Welker in the slot.....they're pretty good.

In no particular order:

LG

RT (Pears is getting long in the tooth)

RB (Freddy is getting up there as well)

QB (until Tuel, EJ, Thad, Flynn, or someone else proves otherwise)

Some better masseuses, strength coaches, and training staff to keep the players healthy (seems like a chronic issue regardless of who coaches at OBD)

Strong-side end (Carrington is hurt again and Branch is not a long-term solution)

A stud OLB to pair up with Kiko

A #2 corner (McFumble is better served as a nickel from a psyche standpoint)

Safety (Searcy is terrible, just saying)

Punter (Moorman is old as well)

I did not include TE as Chandler is productive, but would stand out more if we had better line play instead of him being forced to play in. The line play may be due in part to a lack of respect for our QB's.

I didn't include WR as I think we are in decent shape here for the long term. I like what I have seen out of Goodwin and Woods.

3) We need EJ to be the answer at QB. That's where I would start.

That's the trouble. With EJ sidelined we just don't know yet what we have at quarterback. Some good but nothing that really "wowed" me so far and that's not a knock on the kid. P Manning wasn't all world his first season but by the last game he had showed enough, that I thought to myself, this guy has ability to be pretty good. Point is there was positive progression with Manning thru the season that we haven't yet been able to see with EJ Manuel because of injury.