Wouldn't be surprised if "The Red Lobster" gets fired befo

The question is a simple one:

Is Shanahan overrated or is he underrated?

Yeah, I got to think he is overrated honestly at this point in his career.

I think he could still be a HC IF he hired the right staff. Unfortunately Shanahan does not appear able to do that.

Also factor in the Cap issues and you got a team that is going to take 2-3 years to sort it out.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The RG3 trade is merely another instance in the pattern of idiot Redskin behavior. I've said that since the day that trade was announced, I've said it right along, and I'm saying it right now.

How's Tavon Austin and a backup safety doing...for EJ/Kiko/Goodwin/Gragg? All the Rams did: extend Dan Synder's FAIL...to us. Thanks Rams! Thanks Redskins!

Some have even touched on it in this thread: the Redskins took 3 potential pro bowlers off their team(that's what mid-high 1st round draft picks are)...and RG3 is supposed to not only mitigate that, but make it a "no-brainer"? :lol: Never. Not ever. My favorite excuse now: "they have to build a team around RG3". Um, doesn't that require draft picks? Perhaps more Redskin FA signings? 2 words for that: Adam Archuleta :lol: Need 2 more? Albert Haynesworth.

Now, in the latest installment of this...whatever it is: Shanahan is going to prevent Synder from being the dope he's been for the last 15 years, and that is both why he won't get fired, AND, why the RG3 trade isn't awful? :blink:

What % chance do either of those have of being true? 10? 15? What chance does both of them being true have?

Actually, I know what this is. RG3 is no different than Tony Romo or Mark Sanchez. They are all ESPN contraptions, that are built for one purpose: telling a lot of people, in big markets, what they want to hear....because then they will tune in, and that = $. Eli Manning has more results than all 3 contraptions, so does Andrew Luck, but, Eli plays for the "other NY team", and Luck plays for a "flyover country" team, so....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can a new coach build a team around RG3? Or is he a flawed QB that was not worth trading away your future for? The Rams are getting the first overall pick in the 2014 draft now thanks to the trade. Ouch.

No they aren't. They have the 2nd pick.

Griffin will never be a great QB. Nor will he ever make it through a 16-game season. Snyder screwed the pooch on this one. Good.

We've disagreed on this before. But I think RG3 is going to be a great one. This is probably the best thing to happen to him. He got crushed by the same fans & media that built him up. He's 23 & coming off a major injury. His oline & defense sucked & besides Garçon, he has junk at wr. He will be fine.

And as someone who wanted Shanahan to be the Bills coach, boy was I wrong. Besides a 7 game winning streak largely on RG3's back, he may have been a worse coach than Chan. Dan Snyder is cheap.

We've disagreed on this before. But I think RG3 is going to be a great one. This is probably the best thing to happen to him. He got crushed by the same fans & media that built him up. He's 23 & coming off a major injury. His oline & defense sucked & besides Garçon, he has junk at wr. He will be fine.

And as someone who wanted Shanahan to be the Bills coach, boy was I wrong. Besides a 7 game winning streak largely on RG3's back, he may have been a worse coach than Chan. Dan Snyder is cheap.

You should listen to the WDC media then - including those like Chris Cooley who know the game. They repeatedly pointed out week in and week out how poorly RGIII played. He consistently made the wrong the wrong decision all year, which is why Synder cozying up to him was such a big issue. It's hard to bench a guy when the jock-sniffer in chief has a man-crush.

Without freakish running ability, RGIII is closer to flaming out than being a great one.

I've never been a Shanahan fan (Shanafan???) ... his success in Denver was due to Elway and a stellar O-line (good D, too). But I thought he had something to do with their successes. Perhaps not. He was horrible in Washington.

Did Griffin get shoved down his throat, or was that his call?

I think, more than anything else, hiring his son did him in.

You should listen to the WDC media then - including those like Chris Cooley who know the game. They repeatedly pointed out week in and week out how poorly RGIII played. He consistently made the wrong the wrong decision all year, which is why Synder cozying up to him was such a big issue. It's hard to bench a guy when the jock-sniffer in chief has a man-crush.

Without freakish running ability, RGIII is closer to flaming out than being a great one.

Fair enough. But could someone like Cooley have an ax to grind with a qb who never threw him the ball? Not saying he does but just because someone played doesn't make them right. RG3 was like a 70% passer in college & 66% his first year.

Another year of his knee getting healthy will make a huge difference. IMO, the Washjngton job is the best one open.