So long Brandon Burton

GG

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. Where is Redmond, and who is this Wingo guy. Cool name, anyone know why kind of RB he is. Hopefully Summers gets the ball more. Guy can maul people over.

Yes, that, sir. He just trucks people. He must be the bizarro Mensa because of all the touches he doesn't get

Edited by bobblehead

The most interesting story wit hthe most info on him that I could find is here:

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/4/23/4256704/2013-nfl-draft-rams-interested-in-arkansas-rb-ronnie-wingo

Most draft sites listed him as a FB fromwhat I can see. Apparently a good receiver who ran a good time for his size at his pro day but was 3rd string and only touched the ball 12 times his senior year. Measurables are great but couldn't see to put it together at Arky.

Believe it or not, it's because Rogers is probably a lot better.

Rogers is unfairly judged. He is a 4th string CB; he should be judged as such, not based on being forced to be a 1st stringer.

Here me now, believe me later: Rogers (so far) is on the exact same development trajectory as Jabari Greer was.

The most interesting story wit hthe most info on him that I could find is here:

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/4/23/4256704/2013-nfl-draft-rams-interested-in-arkansas-rb-ronnie-wingo

Most draft sites listed him as a FB fromwhat I can see. Apparently a good receiver who ran a good time for his size at his pro day but was 3rd string and only touched the ball 12 times his senior year. Measurables are great but couldn't see to put it together at Arky.

Despite his impressive measurables the book on him is that he goes down immediately following the first contact.

Here me now, believe me later: Rogers (so far) is on the exact same development trajectory as Jabari Greer was.

That is actually a really good comparison. They are pretty similar body types, speed, etc too.

I just hope Rogers can recover mentally from what he's been through. Greer was eased into things, not thrown into the fire.

This is Rogers' third year, by that time, Greer was already established as the slot CB. He also showed promise from his first day in camp. Rogers, not so much in either category. I'll make an argument that Ellis Lankster should have been kept over Rogers back in the day.

Can we move this over to the player I was most wrong about thread?

This is Rogers' third year, by that time, Greer was already established as the slot CB. He also showed promise from his first day in camp. Rogers, not so much in either category. I'll make an argument that Ellis Lankster should have been kept over Rogers back in the day.

I never understood why they cut Lankster. Ton or promise, and a really good return guy too, if I recall. I felt the same about Eric King a few years ago, who went on to play well for the Titans.

I always felt that our coaches here didn't do a good job of evaluating DB talent. Even Greer, for example, many on this board (myself included) were begging for him to get playing time for years. I think FA losses and injuries finally forced the Bills to play him, and then they realized he was really good, at which point he promptly left.

Established as the slot CB? In 2006? If so, then he was established as a lousy one. He wasn't good until his last year in Buffalo (2008). Prior to that, he was a reliable liability. Revisionist history on this guy has been outstanding.

I think this means, if Wingo is active, Summers will tote the ball more ofren and Wingo will be in at FB.

Wingo is freaking 6-3 231 - So Thats a whole lotta of back coming through the hole if Summers is behind him.

Edited by Why So Serious?