Oh Man.....are the Chiefs that good?

Numark

Remember that team that we continuously beat down year after year? So they are 7-0, the darlings of the NFL, and atop the power rankings. But I wouldn't be surprised if any average or better team had a 7-0 record with their schedule. It really reminds me of our 5-1 start with the Edwards. I mean look at this

Jacksonville 0-7

Dallas 4-3

Philadelphia 3-4

New York 1-6

Tennessee 3-4 (played against their backup)

Oakland 2-4

Houston 2-5 (played against their backup)

Thats right boys, that is the easiest strength of schedule in the AFC, and they played against backups in two of their games (will also play against backups in their next two games). Also for the record, the Jets have played the second easiest schedule in the AFC and won two games with penalties ;)

Would you rather have that illusion of a great team with Trent Edwards right now, or a team that has played against tough teams with great defenses, is down to their 3rd string QB, had to play a stretch of games using our 5th string CB and a safety as a CB and is still 3-4 and has been competitive in every game and only 1 of 2 teams to score 20 points in each game? Sure KC may put together a great season based on a laughable schedule this season, and sure we may not make the playoffs. But they don't have a snowballs chance to win the superbowl this year, and have fun coming to buffalo in a few weeks (we'll have our 3rd string QB ready for you)

The only reason Dallas and Philly have that strong records is because of divisional play. Dallas is 3-0 within their division, Philly went 2-1 and their other win was against TB.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the problems with the NFL is that there is always one or 2 teams that are a byproduct of their soft schedule. An average team like the chiefs gets an easy early schedule & now almost half way thru the season they are the front runners for the #1 seed. It happens every year. My guess is the Chiefs will end up somewhere around 12-4, 11-5, get the 1 seed or at worst the #1 wild card & get bounced in the first round. Their defense is very good though, their offense can not stretch the field which will hurt them against the better teams.

KC has a decent defense and a decent running game so anything can happen.

I see easily see KC go 11-5---lose to INDY, SD, DEN, WAS, and Buffalo. If DEn sweeps them then they go 10-6.

I don't know if its been said in this thread but the formula to beat the Chiefs is simple. Not as easy to execute, but simple.

Run and stop the run. That's all it takes. Its why Houston proved to be difficult for them even with Case Keenum making his first NFL start.

Alex Smith isn't going to make many mistakes and takes what you give him, but isn't the "put the game on my back" 300 yard 3 TD brand of QB. If a team holds the ball for 35-40 minutes and jumps ahead early, while containing Charles, that forces Smith to win the game. Good luck with that.

KC has a decent defense and a decent running game so anything can happen.

I see easily see KC go 11-5---lose to INDY, SD, DEN, WAS, and Buffalo. If DEn sweeps them then they go 10-6.

They ain't losing to Buffalo or Washington, and probably not to Indy (it's at Arrowhead).

New Orleans will be very tough for us, but we have to hope our secondary capitalizes on maybe a forced throw or two, and we get a pick 6 like Robie's last week. Otherwise it could be a tough day for us. With KC, I'm glad this thread was started as I looked last week at their schedule and thought the dame they are not necessarily the best team in the NFL. I'd much rather play them than Seattle.

We have been told every week it seems every team has this great front 7 and we won't be able to run against New England, Carolina, the Browns, and so on. I give so much credit to our O-Line which has created nice lanes for Freddy and crew. I love Marrone deciding to sit CJ so he can finally get healthy. I hope Freddy holds up tomorrow as you could make the same argument to sit him as well.

When we beat KC, will it be a trap game for them, or will the media actually start noticing we have a different team than the last decade.

Go Bills!

The Chiefs are going all the way!!

They're expecting a 1st round bye.

They'll be 9-0 in ten days from now. The Chefs are unstoppable.

They ain't losing to Buffalo or Washington, and probably not to Indy (it's at Arrowhead).

They're the REAL DEAL!!

Bit of a Chiefs fan are we? :doh:

Bit of a Chiefs fan are we? :doh:

Yea. I grew up in Roch in the 70's and 80's and I always liked the Chefs. Now I'm a Bills season ticket holder and I root for both teams. When the 2 teams play each other, I always feel conflicted. When people ask why I like the Chefs and Bills, I jokingly reply: 'I only root for losing teams.'

Edited by Badasss

For as much as people are criticizing the Chiefs for a soft schedule, last year the Colts also went from 2-14 to the playoffs. However, when you look back at their schedule from last year, they also beat a lot of soft competition (sans maybe the win over Green Bay). Yet all I remember hearing was what a great turn around they made.

For as much as people are criticizing the Chiefs for a soft schedule, last year the Colts also went from 2-14 to the playoffs. However, when you look back at their schedule from last year, they also beat a lot of soft competition (sans maybe the win over Green Bay). Yet all I remember hearing was what a great turn around they made.

They won 9 games by one score. All these were up in the air until the end of the game. the only convincing win was against JAX. The other win was the last week aginst HOU that was by more than 1 score.

With KC 6 of their 8 wins were one posesion games in the 4th quarter that a play here or there the game goes the other way. Everyone they played is under 500 with Dallas at 500