Did the ST coach call for a returnable kick

Beerball

Special team coverage is definitely an issue at the moment. The good news is that it can be fixed during the season. Tasker said the single most important thing on punt and kickoff coverage was lane discipline. On some of the long returns this year, you'll see Bills players all bunched up together, meaning that they broke out of their lanes too quickly to chase the ball carrier, creating holes for the ball carrier to run through. This problem can be solved as the people on punt and kick coverage get some experience.

Edited by gobillsinytown

it was poor coverage - a kick to the goal line shouldn't be considered a bad play. It was just poor coverage, probably one of the first bad ones of the year on kickoffs. It wasn't a horrible call, just horrible execution.

Edited by klos63

it was poor coverage - a kick to the goal line shouldn't be considered a bad play. It was just poor coverage, probably one of the first bad ones of the year on kickoffs. It wasn't a horrible call, just horrible execution.

on a team with average return cov i agree with you. but we know our coverage is horrible

I would love to know how many years the Buffalo Bills have taken off my life since I have been a fan. I felt physically ill watching that last 30 seconds just waiting for yet another kick in the teeth. That kick was yet another example of either an idiotic coaching decision at a pivotal time or horribly executed play once again at a pivotal time. This special teams coach should be fired anyway for all the gaffes this season. They have lost 2 games because of terrible punt coverages and unbelievably they almost do the same with the game on the line on A KICKOFF!! Only in Buffalo!

A touchback doesn't allow for poor coverage.