Are the Bills better than the Jets? If so, why?

gjv001

No, the Jets are 3-3 and the Bills are 2-4. Sorry, it's all about the Win column -- that is the only stat I rely on to determine the better team. Oh, and it's the only stat the NFL relies on, too. Right now, the Jets are the better team (not to mention they already beat the Bills, too).

Edited by ChasBB

Are you trying to be funny or are you just that obtuse? The Jets have a better record AND they beat the Bills, so please explain how your meaningless example applies?

See all my above comments... I conceded that you are what your record is... However, we played like complete trash in that game, missing SEVERAL starters for all or most of the game. Healthy team vs healthy team, I believe we are much better! My point in the recent post was quite clear, but I will break it down more so maybe you can understand... If we beat the pats* twice and don't win another game, and they only lose to us twice and win the rest, who do you believe is the better team? Clearly we would have beat them twice, but their record would be MUCH better...

Obtuse... Hahahaha, is that your big boy word of the day?

Edited by CountryCletus

See all my above comments... I conceded that you are what your record is... However, we played like complete trash in that game, missing SEVERAL starters for all or most of the game. Healthy team vs healthy team, I believe we are much better! My point in the recent post was quite clear, but I will break it down more so maybe you can understand... If we beat the pats* twice and don't win another game, and they only lose to us twice and win the rest, who do you believe is the better team? Clearly we would have beat them twice, but their record would be MUCH better...

Using your rationale of "missing several key players" and playing like "complete trash" Carolina is a "much" better team than the Bills even though Buffalo beat them, would you concede that? Or is that different somehow?

Using your rationale of "missing several key players" and playing like "complete trash" Carolina is a "much" better team than the Bills even though Buffalo beat them, would you concede that? Or is that different somehow?

We will see at the end of the year... Our record will tell us what we are...

Actually it is very relevant! He is using that game as the sole basis of his defense that they are better. Did the play better that day, yes, do I honestly believe the jets are a better team than us? NO. It's a simple concept. I also believe that buffalo and Carolina are pretty close, so i dont know what you were trying to accomplish there...

Edited by CountryCletus

Oh yes, the 'only the Bills have injuries and make bad plays' excuses. Nice logic goober. Oh wait, is that too big a word for you? lol

We're better than the Jets, and the Dolphins, and the Pats.. we just can't ever beat any of them..

The Bills are the best team in football because if blah, blah, blah, they would have blah, blah, blah!!!! :lol:

Edited by KD in CT

Been having this debate with a Jets fan. We both agree that it might be a few years before either team makes the playoffs. But I believe we are a little better than the Jets.

Until we can consistently beat them the answer is no.

In recent seasons the Jets have been far more physical and have pushed us around a bit. I hate to say it but so have the Dolphins.

Now, do we have a better talent base? ... maybe so or maybe the tide is turning. Lets prove it on the field sometime soon.

Been having this debate with a Jets fan. We both agree that it might be a few years before either team makes the playoffs. But I believe we are a little better than the Jets.

The Jets have absolutely owned the Bills lately. Until Buffalo figures out how to beat them, the answer is obvious. No question about it, the Jets are better in a head to head matchup.

Oh yes, the 'only the Bills have injuries and make bad plays' excuses. Nice logic goober. Oh wait, is that too big a word for you? lol

The Bills are the best team in football because if blah, blah, blah, they would have blah, blah, blah!!!! :lol:

Heck no, goober fits right in with my 5th grade education, thanks for adjusting me my intellect, lol...

I was only stating that we were hit EXTREMELY hard with injuries before and at the beginning of the game. We still lost, and I know every team has injuries... (I usually use that line when others use injuries as a reason for losing) I stand by my opinion that the Bills are a better team than the jets at least 80% of the time. Was a perfect storm for them that day, and they won.

I am not too scared to come on here after the reg season and admit that I am wrong if they end up with a better record than us.

Sorry for my pissy attitude the last couple days- other crap going on here at home... Can we hug and be friends now? Hahaha

Bro hug... Hahaha