Dr. James Andrews

YoloinOhio

Does he need to be involved in the dramatic comeback of every NFL injury? This guy seems like an attention you-know-what. And, if you don't have him as your surgeon does that mean you aren't a big enough name?

Also - Gronk having Rosenhaus as his agent says it all.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/10/17/agent-way-know-when-rob-gronkowski-returns/BxK1pcwxVyz0acS9ZXSnxL/story.html

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if i were a top athlete, id be all about having him on my team.

gronk has had multiple surgeries and ultimately had this dragged out because of poor medical handling. cant blame him for wanting the best.

I don't blame Gronk for having him as his doctor. This guy was literally on the sidelines for RGIII's first game back. He seems to love the spotlight. I wonder if he has a list of guys who he will work on if they get hurt.

I don't blame Gronk for having him as his doctor. This guy was literally on the sidelines for RGIII's first game back. He seems to love the spotlight. I wonder if he has a list of guys who he will work on if they get hurt.

As long as the check clears, he'll work on anyone!!!

he's the redskins team doctor. he's on the sideline every week

He serves on the Redskins' medical staff as the team doctor.

He is also the preeminent orthopedic surgeon in the world, going back some 40 years now.

GO BILLS!!!

Dr Andrews is a pioneer in the field of arthroscopic surgery. Worked on Bruce Smith's knees throughout his entire playing career. His area of specialty is athletic injuries. I'm sure he charges a lot, but that's the basic economic principle of supply and demand. Lots of professional athletes want his services, but there's only one of him........

Edited by gobillsinytown

Does he need to be involved in the dramatic comeback of every NFL injury? This guy seems like an attention you-know-what. And, if you don't have him as your surgeon does that mean you aren't a big enough name?

Also - Gronk having Rosenhaus as his agent says it all.

http://www.bostonglo...SnxL/story.html

I find this annoying as well. Its most likely that he is NOT the best available physician big name players can find. He's probably just a really good networker with agents, players, teams, and media.

My sister had 3 unsuccessful shoulder reconstructions during an 24 month period in high school. It was really messed up bad. Her 4th reconstruction was done by dr. Andrews. 15 years later and she's still good to go. His name can be dropped forever for all I care.

Dr. Andrews is the team doctor for Washington so naturally he is going to be at RGIII's comeback, but yes he is the premier doctor in sports medicine, so I would want him to be in my corner so to speak. I wish I could afford to have him fix my shoulder.

I find this annoying as well. Its most likely that he is NOT the best available physician big name players can find. He's probably just a really good networker with agents, players, teams, and media.

Look up the term "pioneer in his field" and you'll see a picture of him in the definition. He literally is the best. And that network he's cultivated is a direct result of the procedures he was perfecting 30-40 years ago and the many high-profile successes he has had. He didn't go looking for his clients, they went looking for him. The network took care if itself.

GO BILLS!!!

Why is that most likely the case? On what grounds have you established the likelihood that Dr. Andrews is less qualified than his peers yet a superior networker?