Kiko on Jim Rome

I will buy one of those shirts for sure. Would be sweet if nike made an official nfl one with the big block letters. I see a lot of 'hail rgiii' nike shirts around dc. Always thought wish we had a player cool enough for one of those... now we do!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favoirite thing about Kiko is that he was a FREE draft pick from that trade down with the Rams and we finally finally finally drafted a pro bowl linebacker.

We were SO due for a stellar draft and we got one (pending EJ's success.....c'mon buddy don't let us down....)

Our first 4 picks are all stars on our team as rookies! And by trading back we got Kiko for free essentially. Now that's what I call a good draft!

Man, the guy is bilingual too. The legend grows with each passing day...

Kiko doesn't learn languages. Languages learn Kiko.

he seemed relatively articulate, actually, he did his best to give jim rome a good interview. and he did his best in the spanish interview, too. maybe he doesn't like the dumb questions the local media ask him.

He definitely seems more at ease speaking Spanish.

Rome actually mentioned the interview again today. He said after the show, he tweeted #the legend of Kiko Alonzo, He said he got 600 re-tweets.

He also referred to the interview as awesome and reset some of the interview.

Someone else either tweeted or emailed the question, "Shouldn't Kiko decide whether Gronk is cleared to play?" This was following a discussion of Gronk's mom calling into a Boston radio station to defend her son.

Pretty funny. Rome definitely is running with the Legend!

There's nothing not to like about this kid. His interview with Telemundo was excellent, but that also had a lot to do with the questions. Sports reporting in the states is snarky and they seem to just be looking for sound bytes or short quotes. The interviewer asked him general questions and Kiko appeared to be much more relaxed in that setting. I didn't think Rome was disastrous at all. I think softspoken people like Gilmore and Alonso confuse people on this board because it's become the norm to be a "brand" now rather than a football player and the younger generation is much more accustomed to broadcasting everything about themselves (twitter, instagram, etc.) and it's a change of peace to see someone take a more reserved approach. That's not to say one is better than the other.

He does appear to be more relaxed in Spanish though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcHe5vldsAk

Edited by ndirish1978