Only two NFL teams have scored 20+ points in each game

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea how many teams have given up 20+ points in each game?

Ran that query 12 teams have given up 20+ or more in all of their games, their combined record? 25-34.

So;

Total record when giving up over 20 is 44-78.

Total record when scoring over 20 is 78-44.

Conclusion? The stingier your defense is the more you win.

Edited by BigCountryBills

This validates my point this week that our O is decent. We are losing games because of our D and kicking teams.

D - Patsies, Bungles, Jets

Kicking Teams - Clowns, Bungles

Go BILLS !!

Just to be clear, our defense was responsible for a TD in the Pats game. So our offense hasn't technically been responsible for it all. Not unexpected.

Our biggest problem: Kick coverage, specifically, Punt coverage! . . . I think you hang the last two games on poor executions of the punting coverage unit.

You're right, as frustrating as I have been with Hackett at times, at least he has been getting results.

And the Defense is a work in progress, and while not consistent at times (that's the price you pay with an aggressive blitzing approach), it is still much improved.

For all the adversity we have had this year, at least the games are entertaining and competitive.

I have no problem watching and rooting for these young players and coaches to continue to improve and develop into winners.

I agree...and I don't mean this as a negtive, but this season is feeling a little like the first year Gailey and Fitz were running the Bills...lot of close games, very competitive...big difference is, though they still have a ways to go, the defense isn't completely hopeless. It seems like parts are working well, just not all at the same time. Came close in the 4th qtr against the Bengals.

the last two losses were squarely on the D and special teams. people that b*tch about the offense think we should put up 30 points a game or something. Hackett has done very good with what he has. I think they run into a hornets nest in Miami though.

I agree...and I don't mean this as a negtive, but this season is feeling a little like the first year Gailey and Fitz were running the Bills...lot of close games, very competitive.

I agree as well. But then again we played a lot of close exciting game with Dick Jauron too. Hopefully they will start turning into wins soon and get us over the hump and into better times.

Go BILLS !!!

What about time of possession?

The defense has had to go out there in some quick successions too, it's worth noting.

One hand shakes the other...

I agree as well. But then again we played a lot of close exciting game with Dick Jauron too. Hopefully they will start turning into wins soon and get us over the hump and into better times.

Go BILLS !!!

"Close", yes. "Exciting"....rarely.

Those games were snores. Unwatchable.

Fitz was a relief even though they kept losing, because at least we saw them score once in a while.

This validates my point this week that our O is decent. We are losing games because of our D and kicking teams.

D - Patsies, Bungles, Jets

Kicking Teams - Clowns, Bungles

Go BILLS !!

What about the penalties? Lots of those were drive killers...Offense.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

"Close", yes. "Exciting"....rarely.

Those games were snores. Unwatchable.

I'm not so sure about this. I think there may be a case of revisionist or selective history going on here. I recall quite a few exciting games with Dick in charge. The 2007 Cowboys MNF game immediately comes to mind as does the 2008 Clowns MNF. Also the season opener vs the Patsies when Leodis fumbled 2 kicks at the end. There were the 5 games to start the 2008 season where we went 5-0. Those were pretty exciting as I recall.

Please don't think I'm some Dick supporter here or anything but there is no reason to exaggerate things.

I've been a Bills fan since 1996 and one of the things that made me like the Bills was that they always played hard and they had great fans. That never changed all through the years as far as I'm concerned. The winning has dried up, but Bills have always played hard nosed exciting football.

Go BILLS !!!

I'm not so sure about this. I think there may be a case of revisionist or selective history going on here. I recall quite a few exciting games with Dick in charge. The 2007 Cowboys MNF game immediately comes to mind as does the 2008 Clowns MNF. Also the season opener vs the Patsies when Leodis fumbled 2 kicks at the end. There were the 5 games to start the 2008 season where we went 5-0. Those were pretty exciting as I recall.

Please don't think I'm some Dick supporter here or anything but there is no reason to exaggerate things.

I've been a Bills fan since 1996 and one of the things that made me like the Bills was that they always played hard and they had great fans. That never changed all through the years as far as I'm concerned. The winning has dried up, but Bills have always played hard nosed exciting football.

Go BILLS !!!

I feel for you. Go back and watch some late 80's early 90's footage. That's exciting football.

There were a handful out of what, 48 games????. Those teams played not to lose, and the QB's were AWFUL.

In 2007 they only score more than 20 points 4 times, and only had field goals in 3 games (or less...zero in an 8-0 loss. Great stuff)

I realize we are hardcore Bills fans, but to an unbiased viewer they were abysmal.

No revisionism here, I have consistently watched the Bills since 1978 (10 years old).

Edited by Marauder'sMicro