It's Miami Week

Bufcomments

It's Miami week...time to squish da fish. :)

After all these years ( omg next year will be 40 as a fan) I still get pumped up about playing the Dolphins.

I hate the Dolphins, not dislike or anything like that. Must be from all those years back in the 70's when they owned us like the Pats do now.

Question is , do we as Bills Fans have forgot the rivalry between these 2 teams?

Yeah, this rivalry has lost most of its intrigue as neither of the two franchises has achieved much in recent years. Seems to be for my fellow Gen-Xer's that remember the passion it used to generate, probably barely registers a blip for Millenials who don't recall either of these teams ever being good. Pats are the new hated team as their current ownership of the Bills may be worse than 0 for the 70's in some respects.

Yeah, this rivalry has lost most of its intrigue as neither of the two franchises has achieved much in recent years. Seems to be for my fellow Gen-Xer's that remember the passion it used to generate, probably barely registers a blip for Millenials who don't recall either of these teams ever being good. Pats are the new hated team as their current ownership of the Bills may be worse than 0 for the 70's in some respects.

i agree

Maybe with both Miami and the Bills getting better the Rivalry will come back like it used to be.

Would be nice if the Bills find a way to win this week, they gotta get a division win and knock Miami down a peg at the same time.

I think the Bills match up well with Miami. They do not run the ball at all, so they have a one dimensional attack. The Bills can run the ball on anyone, so I see them running and holding the time of possession with Miami in passing mode. This plays right into our hands, with our pass rush.

I will ALWAYS...ALWAYS hate the fish first. Always. Now I just have the same hatred for the Patriots too.

Interesting. I used to love hating the Phins, but their entire roster doesn't generate one iota of the depth of hatred I have of Brady. The Phins used to have so many personalities that you could despise,from Cox to Oliver to Mckyer. Now when I see MIA I feel like I'm rooting against laundry. Man, those new uni's suck!

I dont really think of it as a rivalry anymore.

I think Jets/Bills will turn out to be the new rivalry due to EJ and Geno being from the same draft class. Much like Kelly and Marino were.

CBF

I knew somebody was going to say this

Bills-Dolphins has too much history not to be a rivalry game. I don't like the Jets either but I don't like switching it from the dolphins, no way.

It's not Don Shula's Dolphins. Those were the teams that beat up on the Bills (40 years ago!).

Someone will say "it's not a rivalry if it isn't competitive" False. And by that logic the Bills/Dolphins "rivalry" doesn't qualify, because the Bills didn't beat the Dolphins for what, a decade?

There is only one team in the division that stands out...the Pats. I want them to beat the Brady/Belichick Pats, and beat them terribly before Brady retires.

The current Dolphins team means nothing next to that.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

I still vividly remember when Miami week was a big deal (early 90s for me), but now this rivalry takes a back seat to both the Jets and Pats. Marino v Kelly, Bryan Cox giving the bird to the fans, good stuff. Now both teams fans look at this game as their best chance to get a W. Jets and Pats are much more obnoxious, while Miami hasn't had much of an identity for the last decade.

some interesting replies

im not surprised, but kinda disappointed yall don't have a taste for tuna fish this week for lunch :(

It's a division game, so it's big. If some fans wanna get extra worked up because it's Miami. That's cool, but I don't think the players are approaching this game with the same mindset that they have going against the Pats (or even the Jets), who have humiliated them.

i hope your wrong, the players should treat this game like a playoff game just because it's a division game and if they want to have at least a chance to make the playoffs they BETTER win this week.

2-5 with your starting QB out for another four weeks or so is not good.