It's Miami Week

Bufcomments

some interesting replies

im not surprised, but kinda disappointed yall don't have a taste for tuna fish this week for lunch :(

i hope your wrong, the players should treat this game like a playoff game just because it's a division game and if they want to have at least a chance to make the playoffs they BETTER win this week.

2-5 with your starting QB out for another four weeks or so is not good.

Where did I say the players weren't going to treat this game properly?

I'm sure it's as important as a game against the Jets or Pats, in the same situation, would be. But I don't think they view the Dolphins the same way they do the Pats, who have been in their heads, year in and year out. I think when they play the Pats, they are aware that theyhave something to overcome, against the Pats specifically. Am I wrong???

Doesn't mean they don't know this game is important (or is any less important than a Pats game).

I dont really think of it as a rivalry anymore.

I think Jets/Bills will turn out to be the new rivalry due to EJ and Geno being from the same draft class. Much like Kelly and Marino were.

CBF

Bills Jets will only be a rivalry if both teams are good. I think the Kelly/ Marino rivalry was mostly due to both teams actually competing for the division title during much of their tenures , than the fact they were from the same draft class. There never was much of a Manning/ Leaf rivalry (different divisions , I know) after the initial draft hype died down. If they had competed directly for AFC titles, a rivalry may have developed.

. Agree

if by that you mean the AFC north then yes. Absolutely.

My first recollection of watching a football game on TV was 1973 so I know about the Dolphins.

The problem is that a rivalry takes two to tango, and to be blunt, no one else in the AFCE gives a crap about Buffalo anymore.

. Agree

if by that you mean the AFC north then yes. Absolutely.

My first recollection of watching a football game on TV was 1973 so I know about the Dolphins.

The problem is that a rivalry takes two to tango, and to be blunt, no one else in the AFCE gives a crap about Buffalo anymore.

Lifted straight from a Miami Dolphins message board thread (see below). Their in-stadium fan support has been really bad...especially for a decent team. If anyone doesn't know, their Ravens game...on a beautiful day was 1/3 Miami fans, 1/3 Ravens fans and 1/3 empty seats (no shows). I hope we make them pay for this. I was at the Ravens game in Buffalo and it was an incredible atmosphere.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All this thread shows me is I wish I lived closer to Miami. I grew up in Richmond VA and trust me everytime the Dolphins played the Skins or Baltimore I would do everything in my power to be there. I really do hope the turnout is better for the Bills than it was for the Ravens, I dont think Ive ever seen a crowd that small for a 3-1 NFL team playing at home in my life.

I wish you luck because there will be thousands of empty seats. As usual. And our stadium will continue to be the quietest and most friendly for the opposing team in the entire league.

I still vividly remember when Miami week was a big deal (early 90s for me), but now this rivalry takes a back seat to both the Jets and Pats. Marino v Kelly, Bryan Cox giving the bird to the fans, good stuff. Now both teams fans look at this game as their best chance to get a W. Jets and Pats are much more obnoxious, while Miami hasn't had much of an identity for the last decade.

Same here. And let's remember that Buffalo pretty much owned Miami in those years when both teams were good. Kelly was 15-8 all time against Marino, including 3-0 in the playoffs. That exorcised a lot of Miami demons for me.

Division games are always rivalries in the NFL. Of course, this is just my opinion.

This

Lifted straight from a Miami Dolphins message board thread (see below). Their in-stadium fan support has been really bad...especially for a decent team. If anyone doesn't know, their Ravens game...on a beautiful day was 1/3 Miami fans, 1/3 Ravens fans and 1/3 empty seats (no shows). I hope we make them pay for this. I was at the Ravens game in Buffalo and it was an incredible atmosphere.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All this thread shows me is I wish I lived closer to Miami. I grew up in Richmond VA and trust me everytime the Dolphins played the Skins or Baltimore I would do everything in my power to be there. I really do hope the turnout is better for the Bills than it was for the Ravens, I dont think Ive ever seen a crowd that small for a 3-1 NFL team playing at home in my life.

I wish you luck because there will be thousands of empty seats. As usual. And our stadium will continue to be the quietest and most friendly for the opposing team in the entire league.

That is good news.Miami is a very feeble sports city. remember all the Heat fans that left during the finals game? Ridiculous. We ran all over Miami last yesr when we played that home on TNF. Spiller had a huge night. I can't remember much about what happened when we played there. They beat the Colts in Indy, which I thought was a great win until I saw the Colts last night score 9 points against a bad, injury-ridden SD defense. I never know what is going to happen week to week anymore in tne NFL!

ESPN NFL Nation@ESPN_NFLNation5m

Dolphins concerned about Mario Williams http://es.pn/1aKk4Kn

I reckon all teams are to be honest.

I'm not sure how well we match up against these guys. Dont know enough about them this year..my bad. They've got an aggressive front 7 defensively. One we could exploit with bubble screens but that wont happen and I cannot for the life of me understand why.

Offensively Tannehill has been pretty efficient when I've watched him but we should be able to pressure him.

If we can hold their running game to less than a hundred yards I think we've got a reasonable shot to win. The betting line of Miami being favored by 8 seems inflated and I dont say that because I'm a homer. Well, maybe a little ! LOL !

We need to go .500 to finish 7-9. What better place to start than Miami.