Kiko Alonso again nominated for Rookie of the Week

Alonso again up for NFL Rookie of Week

He’s been nominated before, but Bills LB Kiko Alonso is again up for the Pepsi Next NFL Rookie of the Week. The only difference this time around is he’s got some stiff competition.

Alonso had a career-high 22 tackles in the overtime loss to the Bengals, which we looked at in greater depth on Monday.

You can vote for Alonso here as many times as you like. The winner will be announced at week’s end. Alonso already won this award once back in Week 4 with his two interception game in Buffalo’s win over Baltimore.

Alonso currently leads the league with 66 tackles and is tied for the league lead in interceptions with four.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Lol. Not only is he gonna be the DROY, he's gonna be a pro bowler.

Why would he leave the NFL to become a bowler? That doesn't make sense.

Here's the thing: he had his worst game of the year BY FAR on Sunday, and yet, he's STILL up for Rookie of the Week. If he's that good when bad, I can't wait until he's great.

GO BILLS!!!

Hard to say he is deserving this week. He may have had a good individual game but how much of that was due to or contributed to a horrible showing by the defense.

I find it hard to support his selection this week.

No doubt that he may. Be one of the best draft picks in years though.

Hard to say he is deserving this week. He may have had a good individual game but how much of that was due to or contributed to a horrible showing by the defense.

I find it hard to support his selection this week.

No doubt that he may. Be one of the best draft picks in years though.

regardless of the horrible showing on defense, 22 tackles is a s%#t ton of tackles. I don't care how bad you played. As a LB, 22 tackles means your in the play a lot. If he was a DB and had that many I'd say he was burned a lot. But he's not. Gotta respect the 22.

Alonso again up for NFL Rookie of Week

He’s been nominated before, but Bills LB Kiko Alonso is again up for the Pepsi Next NFL Rookie of the Week. The only difference this time around is he’s got some stiff competition.

Alonso had a career-high 22 tackles in the overtime loss to the Bengals, which we looked at in greater depth on Monday.

Alonso currently leads the league with 66 tackles and is tied for the league lead in interceptions with four.

Not a bad list to be included on with Harris, Mayo and Willis.

I hate getting political but, I say we vote for Kiko in something else....

Kiko for President?

Kiko for State Senate?

Kiko for Congress?

With all the a$$ kick'en he is doing on the field, we could use him in office. Maybe he could get Capital Hill to surrender!

BigPappy.

Why would he leave the NFL to become a bowler? That doesn't make sense.

Here's the thing: he had his worst game of the year BY FAR on Sunday, and yet, he's STILL up for Rookie of the Week. If he's that good when bad, I can't wait until he's great.

GO BILLS!!!

Kiko uses an 8 lb plastic kids bowling ball at the request of bowling arena's due to pins not being able to withstand the force of a regulation weighed ball.

Kiko uses an 8 lb plastic kids bowling ball at the request of bowling arena's due to pins not being able to withstand the force of a regulation weighed ball.

i was gonna say he uses a whiffle ball because anything bigger and heavier would knock a hole out the back of the building.

I hate getting political but, I say we vote for Kiko in something else....

Kiko for President?

Kiko for State Senate?

Kiko for Congress?

With all the a$$ kick'en he is doing on the field, we could use him in office. Maybe he could get Capital Hill to surrender!

BigPappy.

Not exactly the best public speaker. He's no Leodis but still needs a little tuning.

Kiko's play has exceeded everyone's expectations. He's has been a beast. I just wonder how long his undersized frame can take a pounding playing MLB in the NFL especially given with how aggressive he is.

dont start

Sorry dawg. We're just all so desperate for the Bills to build something for the next 3-4 years. Can we just keep inactive until we are legit superbowl contenders then let him sick 'em?

Edited by DDD

Not exactly the best public speaker. He's no Leodis but still needs a little tuning.

Valid point, but I wasn't counting on him doing a-lot of talking. Just a-lot of a$$ kicking until they submit to the #ledgendofkiko

BigPappy

Edited by BigPappy