Walking Dead season 4

Kevin

Yeah, the fact that the Gov convinced his people that he didin't want to kill anyone, but would if he had to, because they "needed the prison" and its' fences should have made some wonder why he would bring a tank...the strategy was clearly revenge on Gov's part...even if they eradicated everyone of the "good guys", the would have to do it by completely destroying the prison and its' fences. Kind of dumb...

Also, I don't read the books, but I believe that Emily kills the Gov the comics...I think they wanted to show Rick and Michon as being turly "changed", so they have some pity on him...

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the fact that the Gov convinced his people that he didin't want to kill anyone, but would if he had to, because they "needed the prison" and its' fences should have made some wonder why he would bring a tank...the strategy was clearly revenge on Gov's part...even if they eradicated everyone of the "good guys", the would have to do it by completely destroying the prison and its' fences. Kind of dumb...

Also, I don't read the books, but I believe that Emily kills the Gov the comics...I think they wanted to show Rick and Michon as being turly "changed", so they have some pity on him...

Lily (his GF) kills him in the comic because she guns down a woman and Judith, who definitively dies in the comics. Also, it is tyreese who is decapitated prior to the prison assault, and Hershall is also killed in the assault by the Governer after his last son (Billy) is killed...

Lily (his GF) kills him in the comic because she guns down a woman and Judith, who definitively dies in the comics. Also, it is tyreese who is decapitated prior to the prison assault, and Hershall is also killed in the assault by the Governer after his last son (Billy) is killed...

Oh, thanks for clarifying...I was confusing Emily (Hershcels' singing duaghter) with Lily.

Took me a while to watch this one but I finally got around to it....

This really bothered me. Why didn't Rick ask the people why they were following this lunatic. He could have tried to explain what the governor was really like. Maybe even brought some people down that used to be at Woodbury.

Then the people just blindly destroyed everything. They went from agreeing to nonviolently taking over a place to completely destroying it so nobody can have it. It made no sense to me for them to make that leap.

I really hate this 2 month hiatus crap too but that has nothing to do with anything just me complaining haha.

This really bothered me. Why didn't Rick ask the people why they were following this lunatic. He could have tried to explain what the governor was really like. Maybe even brought some people down that used to be at Woodbury.

Then the people just blindly destroyed everything. They went from agreeing to nonviolently taking over a place to completely destroying it so nobody can have it. It made no sense to me for them to make that leap.

I really hate this 2 month hiatus crap too but that has nothing to do with anything just me complaining haha.

Gov called Rick and them liars and not to be trusted,

The second he brought a Woodberrian to the fence the Gov would have decapitated Hershel and queue the gunfire.

They started destroying everything because they were under fire from the prison crew. If they don't, they're dead. Even with the tank, they're the ones out in the open with little cover.

Gov called Rick and them liars and not to be trusted,

The second he brought a Woodberrian to the fence the Gov would have decapitated Hershel and queue the gunfire.

So the result would have been the same. I think it would have been worth a shot to me.

They started destroying everything because they were under fire from the prison crew. If they don't, they're dead. Even with the tank, they're the ones out in the open with little cover.

There were some people that appeared to be somewhat unwilling participants in this. The charge and scene in general felt to me like one of those scenarios where they were driving the story instead of having the people act how they normally would. The governor comes along and convinces all of these people to turn into cold blooded killers? Meh. On top of that why did nobody question what would happen if they did use force? They just blindly went for the ride. In this case the ride was a murderous rampage.

I know suspension of disbelief etc... Shows like this (and why I like them) always make me wonder what would I do in these situations. This just seemed unlikely to me.

There were some people that appeared to be somewhat unwilling participants in this. The charge and scene in general felt to me like one of those scenarios where they were driving the story instead of having the people act how they normally would. The governor comes along and convinces all of these people to turn into cold blooded killers? Meh. On top of that why did nobody question what would happen if they did use force? They just blindly went for the ride. In this case the ride was a murderous rampage.

I know suspension of disbelief etc... Shows like this (and why I like them) always make me wonder what would I do in these situations. This just seemed unlikely to me.

I don't think they expected a fight. That all went out the window though when the Gov. swung that sword. At that point, they either follow the tank or they're a sitting duck.

I don't think they expected a fight. That all went out the window though when the Gov. swung that sword. At that point, they either follow the tank or they're a sitting duck.

Man I wish fb hadn't spoiled that moment for me. I (unfortunately) knew before watching that both the Governor and Herschel would die.

:wacko: they had a freaking tank. stand behind it and shoot the big gun.

What if the prison crew have a stash of explosives? The Governors people have no way of knowing that. Once the fight started, they needed to take out people as fast as possible.

What if the prison crew have a stash of explosives? The Governors people have no way of knowing that. Once the fight started, they needed to take out people as fast as possible.

for the number of times the prison crew attacked Woodburry you would have thought they'd have used them before.

or set up boobie traps for the walkers to thin out the large herds

the Gov's new people were like sheep to the slaughter house. Pawns on a chess board. The Gov shows up and what was it, 3 people die in his new camp and no one puts 1 and 1 together?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

for the number of times the prison crew attacked Woodburry you would have thought they'd have used them before.

or set up boobie traps for the walkers to thin out the large herds

But only one person was around for any of those attacks. The rest of the Governors people know absolutely nothing about these people. There's also a bunch of new people inside the prison, so who knows how many supplies they may have added since the last encounter.

I believe that this argument is a bit weak. The gov would have used that as an enticement to bolster his new lemmings.

"he was drunk and went after a lost golf ball" umm OK

lets agree that at times the writing is lacking.

The point is that those people are blinding following "Brian" because they believe their life is at risk. Once they followed him to the prison, they were going to do whatever he lead them into. Slicing Hershel directly caused the gunfire and from that point on, it was either kill or be killed for them.

The issue I had with the tank was where did they get the fuel, they gobble it up.

I think Michonne grabbed Judith, that would explain where the blood on the carrier came from, and she got emotional when she previously held her. I think she lost a baby or child she hasn't spoken of.

And don't be surprised if Tyrese and the Children of the Corn end up joining up with Carol. He'll probably develop feelings for her not knowing what she did.