The 2nd wild card spot in the AFC

KikO M G

Well be fine. We're 2-4. We could easily be anywhere from 0-6 to 6-0 right now. Every single game has been close. We've been in every single one. Today's probably being the worst and still went to OT. Eventually, this team will come together and play on all cylinders. Once they get hot and on a roll they may put some wins together instead of this win one, lose one crap.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

One thing that's certain. They are the most watchable team I've seen in years.

That's a fact, and the reason why the Monday mornings after a loss have been much more tolerable this season.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well be fine. We're 2-4. We could easily be anywhere from 0-6 to 6-0 right now. Every single game has been close. We've been in every single one. Today's probably being the worst and still went to OT. Eventually, this team will come together and play on all cylinders. Once they get hot and on a roll they may put some wins together instead of this win one, lose one crap.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

One thing that's certain. They are the most watchable team I've seen in years.

2-4 is MUCH better than 0-6.

ONLY one game had a margin of more than 7 points and that was because of a PICK 6 at the end of the game.

That's true. Remember when Gronk was hurt on their 59th point last year?

exactly

To the end of the world'ers

Chillax people, Its a game.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I think when you look at Miami for instance they are a year ahead of the Bills in building...And they're 3-2...The Bills are young at positions all over the field, and they've been in every game...But I think this is the way things will go for the rest of the year...They'll win a few they're not supposed to, and they'll lose a few they should have won...No matter though, generally I like what I'm seeing...I was ultra impressed that they came back in the 4th quarter of that game yesterday...They were beaten down and outplayed for the better part of three quarters, but not only did they refuse to quit, they actually executed and tied it up...I was floored when Lewis hit Goodwin with that pass...Just shocked...And even though the result could be viewed as the same old Bills, they showed me that's not the case yesterday...

Thurman was on the radio last week and said teams need to win that one big game vs an opponent they are definitely supposed to lose to in order to really turn the corner...I don't think any team coming to the Ralph is going to be a big favorite the rest of the year...So I'm going to ignore those games...They're all winnable, including vs Atlanta in Toronto...Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the Bills will win all those games, but they'll have a chance to beat any of those teams...And I'll go out on a limb right now and say I expect the Bills to beat KC at Home...I really do...They'll be up for that game and so will the crowd...So to me at least, if the Bills were going to turn it around this year there's really only one game that will catapult their confidence into a new stratosphere...Of course I'm talking about at New Orleans...If the Bills win that game I think they have figured it out and they'll go on a major run...If not it's going to be a win here and there, and some tough, close, losses...And they'll have to wait till next year to get that truly defining victory that officially turns the corner for this Franchise... B-)

Step back and take a look at the rest of the league, and AFC in particular. There are 10 games left. If you want to believe that the Bills are out of it and not enjoy the rest of the games, that is fine. But that is not reality. There are some teams getting blown out, not scoring any points, etc. That is not this team. They have been in every game until the last possession.

I Don't care what team were playing or what end of the schedule it is, you don't call anything easy.. We play Miami twice, thats 2 losses, NE is a Loss, Jest are a loss. ( You can't say were going to beat those teams because they look bad when they already beat us.! ).. I haven't even mentioned KC, NO, and Pittsburg.. Those are all losses.. I like being hopeful too but we have to be realistic, we will be lucky to beat Atlanta since there beat up. Should man handle JaXs..and a close game with Tampa.. We may squeak out a win against the Jets, but at best our is 6-10.

Thurman was on the radio last week and said teams need to win that one big game vs an opponent they are definitely supposed to lose to in order to really turn the corner...I don't think any team coming to the Ralph is going to be a big favorite the rest of the year...So I'm going to ignore those games...They're all winnable, including vs Atlanta in Toronto...Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the Bills will win all those games, but they'll have a chance to beat any of those teams...And I'll go out on a limb right now and say I expect the Bills to beat KC at Home...I really do...They'll be up for that game and so will the crowd...So to me at least, if the Bills were going to turn it around this year there's really only one game that will catapult their confidence into a new stratosphere...Of course I'm talking about at New Orleans...If the Bills win that game I think they have figured it out and they'll go on a major run...If not it's going to be a win here and there, and some tough, close, losses...And they'll have to wait till next year to get that truly defining victory that officially turns the corner for this Franchise... B-)

I'm pretty sure Miami was thinking the same thing a couple weeks ago. Didn't work out too well. I'm expecting the same when we travel there.

But who knows...

I Don't care what team were playing or what end of the schedule it is, you don't call anything easy.. We play Miami twice, thats 2 losses, NE is a Loss, Jest are a loss. ( You can't say were going to beat those teams because they look bad when they already beat us.! ).. I haven't even mentioned KC, NO, and Pittsburg.. Those are all losses.. I like being hopeful too but we have to be realistic, we will be lucky to beat Atlanta since there beat up. Should man handle JaXs..and a close game with Tampa.. We may squeak out a win against the Jets, but at best our is 6-10.

Maybe... but three playoff teams from last year - Denver, Cincy, and Indy started off 2-3, 3-4, and 2-3 respectively. The Colts actually had a brutal loss to the Jets 35-3 around week 3.

Just hoping they can win some more games and that EJ comes back healthy and progresses..

Playoffs are not realistic in my view but I'm not saying you shouldn't hope for that...

You can say the Miami, Jets, Steelers, Falcons, even Chiefs games are winnable but those teams fans are marking the Buffalo game as a win too.

Just hoping they can win some more games and that EJ comes back healthy and progresses..

Playoffs are not realistic in my view but I'm not saying you shouldn't hope for that...

You can say the Miami, Jets, Steelers, Falcons, even Chiefs games are winnable but those teams fans are marking the Buffalo game as a win too.

In the NFL, IMO, no team should mark any game as a win. That's how you go in and lose. Bengals had Bills marked as a win and very nearly marched out with an L to a PS QB, no #1WR and a one-handed #1 CB. This isn't college, and anyone can beat anyone. I thought there was no way the Jets would lose to winless Pitt at home with Pitt playing a horrible OL against the Jets outstanding DL. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

We should all be watching this team the second half of the season.

Lets see how the team looks as the season goes along. Does the O and D look better the more time they have to play in the new systems. OR do they look worse as teams get more and more film on scheme and personel.

If the team keeps growing there is nothing to believe they can not beat anyone in the league, maybe not Denver right now, but i feel that will change.

The Bills have fought hard so far. Teams over the last 13 years would have folded in that Cincy game and ended up getting blown out. The D came to life late in that game, lets hope it transitions to Miami.

This team feels different then the 2011 team that started 5-1. This team feels more solid. They are in every game right to the end.

The Bills have a shot at the playoffs, but they are going to have to start winning on the road now. Every team left on the Bills schedule is a very possible win, except the Saints- that is going to be tough.

I'm pretty sure Miami was thinking the same thing a couple weeks ago. Didn't work out too well. I'm expecting the same when we travel there.

But who knows...

Well of course they were...And I was not saying the Bills would win either...Simply saying that beating a team like New Orleans would give this team a boost like no other... B-)

Well of course they were...And I was not saying the Bills would win either...Simply saying that beating a team like New Orleans would give this team a boost like no other... B-)

NO is definitely a winnable game. They're streaky. They barely eeked by TB and didn't look all that spectacular against a NE team that was kinda off. I haven't put that one in the L column yet.

Well be fine. We're 2-4. We could easily be anywhere from 0-6 to 6-0 right now. Every single game has been close. We've been in every single one.

The underlying statement that we have been in every game is very true. The idea that we could easily be either 6-0 or 0-6 is not. If you have 6 things that are 50/50, let's say head or tails on a coin flip, the probability of six heads is 1 in 32. To actually be 6-0 or 0-6 requires either remarkable luck (3%) or significantly more than being in every game.

Mathematical point aside, I think threads like this are really important. We really probably aren't going to win the Super Bowl, and making the playoffs probably is almost as unlikely, but playing with confidence and hope as deep in the season as possible is a key to the development of this team, the belief in the system and the coaches, and has an important impact on our chances to compete next year and beyond, and the speed of our current rebuild.

So right now having hope instead of a lost season is an enormous positive for both fans and players, and I am happy it is the case. It would be a lot easier if one or two plays went our way and we were already 3-3, but right now this team can focus in on getting its third win as soon as possible so that they can work on getting their fourth. Our last ten games are meaningful and things are wide open for us. 12-4 makes the playoffs (winning out), 2-14 doesn't (losing out), and there is a lot of room in the middle for awesome, exciting, encouraging, acceptable, disappointing, and humiliating.

What we do know with certainty is that beating the Dolphins puts us at 3-4 and one game out of the wild card position, and for a young team with a first year coaching staff and a rookie QB hit with the injury bug, that isn't a bad place to be. Losing the game and being 2-5 with a three game losing streak heading to New Orleans and then hosting KC is going to be a tough place to be positive about.

So our trip to South Beach is pretty crucial for our season, and would be a huge win, but there won't be an easy way to sugar coat a loss without looking to 2014.

Go Bills!

I am always one of the more optimistic voices on this board, but I think losing to Cleveland and Cincy is going to be the thing they can't overcome in terms of conference tie-breaks, etc.

Kind of how I felt after the stupid loss to the Titans last season right before the bye - regardless of the math, that was the game they couldn't lose. Indy then cemented it.

They ARE A MUCH BETTER TEAM THAN LAST YEAR - but their schedule is awful - not just the W/L of the opponents (lucky Bills - 4th place got them KC this year! woo hoo!) but the obscene scheduling of so many opponents (6 I believe) playing the Bills on extra rest.

This season is about watching the defense grow in the new scheme and hopefully seeing Manuel grow.

In the NFL, IMO, no team should mark any game as a win. That's how you go in and lose. Bengals had Bills marked as a win and very nearly marched out with an L to a PS QB, no #1WR and a one-handed #1 CB. This isn't college, and anyone can beat anyone. I thought there was no way the Jets would lose to winless Pitt at home with Pitt playing a horrible OL against the Jets outstanding DL.

I said Team's fans.. which is fine but I just think this team needs to prove itself before you can pick them against teams that they already lost to. And against a team that hasn't lost a game..