Big Day for Goodwin on Returns

BisonMan

By all accounts, Goodwin will be back returning kicks on Sunday. Looking at the kickoff stats, it appears that Cincy doesn't have particularly good kickoff coverage.

• Nugent is 4th worst in the NFL is allowing kick returns (55%)
  • Nugent's average kick lands on the 1 yard line (64.1 average)
  • Cincy allows a respectable 23.5 yards per return compared to the Bills' 19 YPR (2nd best in the league).

Hopefully, the Bills don't allow Cincy to score much but when they do, Goodwin will have more than a 50% chance of returning the ball from outside the goal line.

Maybe he runs one back and gives us some "free" points. :thumbsup:

We have guys getting healthy all over the place. Last week McKelvin played on a limited basis. Look for him to get plenty of reps at CB. I'm excited that Gilmore is back too, though I don't know how much he will play with a club on his hand. I have been patiently waiting for Byrd to come back and he will be pumped for this game. Our secondary just got a major boost and all across the league everyone is clueless how well they have played with far less talent in there.

Looking forward to seeing Moorman put some serious hang time on punts. The rookie just couldn't give our guys time to get down field. The kicking game will be very interesting. Goodwin will have opportunities to bring it out. I'm also looking forward to seeing him at WR.

The way I'm looking at this game.....all of the so called experts predicting that the Bills lose in their own house are being down right disrespectful. This years team has shown me some things so far and I'm looking forward to watching a bewildered Cincinnati team go down in flames.

Go Bills!

Is he definitely cleared to play??

yes

They need to move the ball back on kickoffs again. That was a terrible decision to move it back up. Nothing more boring than a touchback. Hopefully if Goodwin is back there tomorrow he will get some chances.

One of the only things worse than all these touchbacks is CTE

I wonder if Byrd receives cheers or boos from the crowd if his name is announced pregame.

I'd be disappointed if he is booed. Coach has expressed his admiration for the guy and he doesn't strike me as a guy who pulls punches. That's good enough for me.

By all accounts, Goodwin will be back returning kicks on Sunday. Looking at the kickoff stats, it appears that Cincy doesn't have particularly good kickoff coverage.

• Nugent is 4th worst in the NFL is allowing kick returns (55%)
  • Nugent's average kick lands on the 1 yard line (64.1 average)
  • Cincy allows a respectable 23.5 yards per return compared to the Bills' 19 YPR (2nd best in the league).

Hopefully, the Bills don't allow Cincy to score much but when they do, Goodwin will have more than a 50% chance of returning the ball from outside the goal line.

Maybe he runs one back and gives us some "free" points. :thumbsup:

Guess this means he was NOT at the OU vs TEX

game on Saturday.

They need to move the ball back on kickoffs again. That was a terrible decision to move it back up. Nothing more boring than a touchback. Hopefully if Goodwin is back there tomorrow he will get some chances.

Why would they move it back? The league accomplished exactly what they wanted to.

I wouldn't b surprised if there is a lot of passes to Goodwin Sunday. There isnt really any film so they don't have anything to prepare for him.

You're right. The league has never seen any really fast, short guys. They won't know what to do

I wouldn't b surprised if there is a lot of passes to Goodwin Sunday. There isnt really any film so they don't have anything to prepare for him.

The same can be said or TJ graham. Not much film on him either....

I agree

We have only returned on average less than 1 per game this season.....a total of 4 kicks returned.

The league average is only 1.9 per game. Pretty dull indeed.

Edited by Dibs

I agree

We have only returned on average less than 1 per game this season.....a total of 4 kicks returned.

The league average is only 1.9 per game. Pretty dull indeed.

Cincy is ranked 30th in touch back percentage. Goodwin will have opportunities.

Good jinx thread.

You probably are the one that lets out a real stinker of a silent fart and then blames it on someone else.