Jackson fined for ball flip

The penalty was fine - although I think they didn't call the Browns for taunting as well when they clearly did. At least call it both ways. The fine is stupid. He didn't hurt anyone and this is the NFL, not little league. Does anyone thing Phil Taylor's feelings were hurt that Fred flipped the ball to him? C'mon man.

I might be in the minority, but to me football is not a "classy" game. Obviously I don't play in the NFL, but when I did play football as a young kid-highschool when the opportunity presented itself I would taunt people relentlessly. You're not having tea and crumpets and playing a friendly game of bridge. You're playing a violent collision sport. I never had an issue with players boasting after making a play. That in and of itself makes the game fun.

Edited by Stealth

I think he just made a mistake in the heat of the moment.

+1.. It looked like he thought there was a ref right there.. I definitely don't think he was trying to taunt anyone.

Good teams don't do that.

bull ****

+1.. It looked like he thought there was a ref right there.. I definitely don't think he was trying to taunt anyone.

bull ****

You can think that way...that is fine....He caused the team a penalty and put it in a whole at a 1st and 20......

I love freddy....

but this is just another example of the many dumb selfish mistakes this team continues to make.

I've been killing the Bills all season for stupid penalties, but this one I don't think was on purpose. Even the announcers had no clue why a flag was thrown. To add a fine on top of that seems ridiculous.

I've been killing the Bills all season for stupid penalties, but this one I don't think was on purpose. Even the announcers had no clue why a flag was thrown. To add a fine on top of that seems ridiculous.

Because the rules are clear about. Agreed that FJ did it in the heat of the moment...But as a senior player he has to know the rules.. He put his team at a disadvantage.

Because the rules are clear about. Agreed that FJ did it in the heat of the moment...But as a senior player he has to know the rules.. He put his team at a disadvantage.

Pardon my lack of post history, but you are just being absurd. Jackson has no history of this. There was 1:52 left in the (EDIT: First half, second quarter haha) second half, he was clearly looking for a ref to quickly throw the ball to. It shouldn't have been a penalty or a fine. Stop being ridiculous. Edited by Knoell