ESPN's Mike Rodak: Fred Jackson having a career season..

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills are smart they'll treat him like he is and take care of it in the offseason.

How long do you extend a guy that'll be turning 34 at the close of his current deal? Is he the oldest signed back in the league currently? I think so(?)

While i wish he'd seen more rewards for his efforts there is a good chance this is it for him - maybe a 1 year deal after if he's still productive but it'll be cheap.

Edited by NoSaint

I drafted Freddie on my fantasy team as a later round afterthought....he has been my best player all season!

Your fantasy team must really suck!!

This^

I tend to think that maybe because CJ came on so strong after Freddie's injury and particularly last season that people forget just how good he was before he got injured in 2011.

Having the two of them is certainly are great position to be in.

Agreed. He was leading the NFL in rushing prior to the injury.

In 2011 he had 953 yards in 10 games on pace to go over 1600 yards and that would have been jus tshy of MJD who led the league with somewhere around 1653. The cool part of Fredex is he jus tknows where to go, and has such a feel for the game. That was what Spiller was lacking until last year.

He's the only jersey I own, and wear it with pride. I credit Hacket and Marrone for not being stubborn and continuing to run Spiller when Freddy is making more plays. They are adaptable and putting in Summers as a lead blocker is perfect. Besides having this power running team is keeping the defense off the field so when they are out there, they are playing at a high level.

I think getting a spear to the head may cause a fumble or two.

Apparently he has been speared in the head a lot more than once or twice in the past two years then. :lol: Perhaps he should have trained in the offseason with Hogboy to build up his tolerance to spearing. :D

This^

I tend to think that maybe because CJ came on so strong after Freddie's injury and particularly last season that people forget just how good he was before he got injured in 2011.

Having the two of them is certainly are great position to be in.

THIS^^

Having them as a 1-2 is the key cuz their style of running is so different. Freddy is much more patient and finds yards when there arent any and is more of a slither, glidding style RB. CJ is a 1 cut dasher... B4 CJ hurt ankle in game vs Ravens, they started using them FINALLY on the field at the same time. If healthy, hopefully they do more and more. In a Shotgun spread attack, having both them line up on opposite sides of Thad, will be very hard for defenses to adjust to cuz when we run the ball it can go up middle or to either side. Having a good 1-2 punch at RB, especially when their skill sets is different is the best way to have an effective running game in this modern day pass happy league. It can spread the D out and can run to any direction or throw it.

The main reason they went with Thad is his running ability can they can prob run alot more read option/ spread style attack. Also, when EJ started season, he was coming off a knee injury already, so i think the coaches had to tone down alot of that style attack as we saw 99% of time EJ just handed it off.

We will be seeing a more wide open attack with Thad and hopefully CJ is healthy enough to play more than 13 snaps.

I was laughed at for saying Jackson is a top five back in this league. Even laughed at when I demanded at the least he be thought of as a top 10 back.

Who's laughing now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi54gR656do

Me...HA!

But seriously folks. RCohen has some nice comments.

i think Hackett is doing the right thing rgeardless of how predictable and boring it seems to fans. It can be a very effective method of wearing the Def down and waithing for that one mistake (it will happen) that breaks the big play .

Fred and CJ have got to be the best combination an OC could dream of. With hard hitting Summers in there and Choice to spell a guy i would run all day too. Until thay have to load the box.

That is my kinda football.

I dont mind if Fred gets one year contracts as long as they are rewarding him . We should not think his future potential , but enjoy his style of play while we can.

Go Fred !