Hammer's Lot Question

Hey everyone- just looking for some help really quick. My dad is flying into Buffalo this weekend for the game and I am meeting him there. In the past, we have parked in Lot 2, but when I was there for the opener I noticed the awesome crowd over at Hammer's Lot. I was just curious how easy/ how quickly you can get out of Hammer's Lot after the game? My dad has a 6:30 flight back home after the game, and the traffic to get out of the team lots are usually a disaster. If anyone has any advice about where I can park so I can get my dad to the airport as quickly as possible, it would be much appreciated. My preference would be Hammer's Lot, I just want to make sure that I can get him to the airport. Thanks! And GO BILLS

Sadly, it is the one drawback for me about parking at Hammer's. If you don't get right to your car and onto Abbot, you're in for an ugly ride. You can only turn south onto Abbot, then you can only turn west onto 20A which goes past ECC to Southwestern & McKinley. It can be a very slow go as pedestrians walk and cars exit lots/yards.

He won't make a 6:30 flight. Not a chance. Earliest ive ever gotten home is 6:30. Now, I sit and stay there, hang out and grill a little bit before I go. Still, even if you leave right away your going to have trouble. In fact, the 1-2 hours of time at the tailgate works out so that all the traffic clears.

I suppose if you left the game early before the majority of the crowd, yiu could probably make it.

The other option is parking in 1 spot and walking over to Hammers lot. However, then yiu don't have much tailgating availability. You'll be defendant on others.

I have parked at Hammer's in the past and made it to BUF in time for 7:15 flights on SW. Unfortunately, the latest flight in 2013 for SW on Sun night is now 6:20. No way, short of leaving the stadium early, can you get there and through security from the Ralph. I realize this may not help you in any way. My only options are to fly out Monday or pay more $ to fly later on another airline. When you have 70k people at any sporting event, the chances are very small in any city that you can leave immediately after that event ends and get to the airport and through security within 2 hrs. I have considered other cities where I have attended events with crowds like this and that timeline holds true. I welcome others to submit examples that defy this but they must be devoid of the following: illegal activities and/or jet packs or other technology that is beyond the common man.

I have parked at Hammer's in the past and made it to BUF in time for 7:15 flights on SW. Unfortunately, the latest flight in 2013 for SW on Sun night is now 6:20. No way, short of leaving the stadium early, can you get there and through security from the Ralph. I realize this may not help you in any way. My only options are to fly out Monday or pay more $ to fly later on another airline. When you have 70k people at any sporting event, the chances are very small in any city that you can leave immediately after that event ends and get to the airport and through security within 2 hrs. I have considered other cities where I have attended events with crowds like this and that timeline holds true. I welcome others to submit examples that defy this but they must be devoid of the following: illegal activities and/or jet packs or other technology that is beyond the common man.

about the closest thing I've got is when I lived in Vegas in 05. Christmas season and I completely expected it to be a madhouse. I get there over 3 hours early. If was like a ghost town in Mccarren. Ended up going to one of the bars. It was 10am and they were offering buy one 23oz, get one free and a free shot of some new tequila they were pushing. I was plastered by the time I got on the plane. Passed out before we took off. Woke up where I thought was in Chicago. It wasn't. We were taxied for over an hour. Apparently the AC on the plane was broken and we all had to get off. I went back to the bar until the flight was ready again.

I've parked at a house on Roseview (off Abbott) and taken the back road out to Milestrip which is a fairly easy out then you could turn off Milestrip onto Abott down to Ridge and get back on the 90 there, that gives you a fighting chance if you move quick after the game.

Hammers lot needs it's own subforum. It is getting to the point of ridiculous the number of posts and threads about a parking lot.

"A parking lot" !? Pish posh, it's HAMMER'S lot, ain't no regular parking lot! ;)

To the OP of the flights at 6:30, you need to be at BUF by 5:30 and it's about 15 to get there. Better leave at the end of the 3rd...

I parked at Hammers for the opener. At the final tick of 0:00 I bolted out and made it to my truck quickly, maybe 6-7 minutes. Had time to get a bathroom stop at the johns and say bye to anyone who was there already and took off. Over the next 25 minutes I was able to make it 3/4 mile. As soon as I could I turned off there at Danny's and took any road I could to get away. I made it to 90W in probably 40 minutes, although I had to go further East to go West faster. It was worth it, and I still cannot thank Hammer enough for getting me a spot to get out quickly.

We stay late. No traffic after the game when you stay at hammers for 2- 3 hours. Then very easy to get back to the hotel. You will have to get out before the game ends to make your flight.

Mead has meat, too.

Hammers lot needs it's own subforum. It is getting to the point of ridiculous the number of posts and threads about a parking lot.

Hammer for Skelton?

In all cerealness, it is worth letting new members post about Hammers lot. It lets them start somewhere here.

I parked at Hammers for the opener. At the final tick of 0:00 I bolted out and made it to my truck quickly, maybe 6-7 minutes. Had time to get a bathroom stop at the johns and say bye to anyone who was there already and took off. Over the next 25 minutes I was able to make it 3/4 mile. As soon as I could I turned off there at Danny's and took any road I could to get away. I made it to 90W in probably 40 minutes, although I had to go further East to go West faster. It was worth it, and I still cannot thank Hammer enough for getting me a spot to get out quickly.

What time did you get to the BUF airport and get through security for your flight? The OP noted it was his father that would be taking the flight. You are a bit younger and may be moving faster to get to your vehicle than he would. Lots of comments here but not many really relate to the OPs question regarding getting his father to the BUF airport for a 6:30 flight after a 1:00 game when parking in Hammer's lot. For those that have mentioned other lots, are you indicating that parking there would circumvent the exodus somehow and allow the opportunity to make the 6:30 flight? I find it difficult to interpret some of the replies. Edited by Mr Info

What time did you get to the BUF airport and get through security for your flight? The OP noted it was his father that would be taking the flight. You are a bit younger and may be moving faster to get to your vehicle than he would. Lots of comments here but not many really relate to the OPs question regarding getting his father to the BUF airport for a 6:30 flight after a 1:00 game when parking in Hammer's lot. For those that have mentioned other lots, are you indicating that parking there would circumvent the exodus somehow and allow the opportunity to make the 6:30 flight? I find it difficult to interpret some of the replies.

Hey, hey, hey. Easy with that old man crap. If I had kids they could be in the mid to late 20's (been married 30 years). I could beat all your asses to the bar........I mean airport.

What time did you get to the BUF airport and get through security for your flight? The OP noted it was his father that would be taking the flight. You are a bit younger and may be moving faster to get to your vehicle than he would. Lots of comments here but not many really relate to the OPs question regarding getting his father to the BUF airport for a 6:30 flight after a 1:00 game when parking in Hammer's lot. For those that have mentioned other lots, are you indicating that parking there would circumvent the exodus somehow and allow the opportunity to make the 6:30 flight? I find it difficult to interpret some of the replies.

I drove. I was inErie, pa within an hour of the end of the game.

about the closest thing I've got is when I lived in Vegas in 05. Christmas season and I completely expected it to be a madhouse. I get there over 3 hours early. If was like a ghost town in Mccarren. Ended up going to one of the bars. It was 10am and they were offering buy one 23oz, get one free and a free shot of some new tequila they were pushing. I was plastered by the time I got on the plane. Passed out before we took off. Woke up where I thought was in Chicago. It wasn't. We were taxied for over an hour. Apparently the AC on the plane was broken and we all had to get off. I went back to the bar until the flight was ready again.

Ok not sure what a flight from Vegas has to do with Mr Hammers parking lot but thanks for sharing