New Pro Bowl Uniforms (Yikes!)

uncle flap

I know no one cares about the injury risking popularity contest, but what do you guys think about these getups?

nfl_e_probowl_unis_b1_600.jpg

Pro Bowl uniforms have new look

Updated: October 8, 2013, 9:41 AM ETBy Darren Rovell | ESPN.com

In what might be seen as Nike's boldest move since it began its deal as the official on-field apparel brand of the NFL last season, the world's largest shoe and apparel company unveiled its Pro Bowl uniforms Tuesday morning.

Gone are the blue and red that have represented the NFC and AFC teams, respectively. The new colors? Bright orange and volt yellow, the color that Nike has used frequently with the University of Oregon, the favorite team of Nike chairman Phil Knight.

The move away from the traditional outfit comes as the game takes on a new format. Instead of the AFC vs. NFC matchup that has been part of the game since 1971, teams will be filled by players voted to the game in a new draft-style format. The two leading vote-getters will be named captains and will be assisted by Hall of FamersJerry Rice and Deion Sanders and two NFL.com fantasy football champions in picking the two teams.

More here: http://espn.go.com/n...adical-facelift

Edited by uncle flap

I like the draft style format (ala NHL),...but they don't have to turn this into a Univ. of Oregon flashy uniform thing. Seems too contrived. They could make some cool blue and red uni's to keep the original colors representing each conference.

I like the draft style format (ala NHL),...but they don't have to turn this into a Univ. of Oregon flashy uniform thing. Seems too contrived. They could make some cool blue and red uni's to keep the original colors representing each conference.

Yeah it's weird that they keep the helmet with such a mismatch scheme. Electric green doesn't go with most uniforms, and at least the red white and blue represented the league. What does neon tangerine represent?

If they did all black vs all white it'd look better I think.

Yeah it's weird that they keep the helmet with such a mismatch scheme. Electric green doesn't go with most uniforms, and at least the red white and blue represented the league. What does neon tangerine represent?

If they did all black vs all white it'd look better I think.

I guess it was between getting rid of the Pro Bowl or simply making it into an appealing format and look for fantasy football draft enthusiasts and teens/younger kids who enjoy the flashy neon look.

It's not a bad thing...but i don't like Nike making this into their thing with the uniforms.

I know no one cares about the injury risking popularity contest, but what do you guys think about these getups?

nfl_e_probowl_unis_b1_600.jpg

More here: http://espn.go.com/n...adical-facelift

I personally LOVE the whole Oregon style uni;s that are now being used through out college.. Even the players seem more fired up in those games as does the crowds. I loved the Irish Uni this past week and Tennessee's all gray with bit of orange which was like the one posted in original post, was very cool and Vols almost pulled off upset of the yr vs Georgia! I've seen Tenn play 3 times this yr and they had different swagger!

Players love to look "cool".. ANYTHING they can do to make the pro-bowl a better experience is needed and i commend NFL for trying whatever the can to make it better or just nix it.

PS- ONLY way to get the players to REALLY play... Have winning team's players get 1M each.. The NFL can afford it and make losing team get NOTHING... THEN u will see real football with the top guys..

I do think they winning team gets paid more than losing team like in other sports, but i think the ammount should be at least 1M and losing team should get nothing so there is real motivation. Even tho most pro-bowlers tend to be the higher paid guys in the league, an extra Mil... would entice anyone as most these dudes go thru money like water!

PS- ONLY way to get the players to REALLY play... Have winning team's players get 1M each.. The NFL can afford it and make losing team get NOTHING... THEN u will see real football with the top guys..

I do think they winning team gets paid more than losing team like in other sports, but i think the ammount should be at least 1M and losing team should get nothing so there is real motivation. Even tho most pro-bowlers tend to be the higher paid guys in the league, an extra Mil... would entice anyone as most these dudes go thru money like water!

Uh...teams and particularly owners don't want their best players to really play...there should be NO incentive to do so.

I love the new-style unis and thus love the grey/neon yellow unis on the right. Doesn't look right though b/c they'd have the other team's helmet which clashes with the uniform. Would look sweet if the helmet matched the uni (obviously just talking about aesthetics and not functionality for the game). :beer::thumbsup: Even the white one looks sweet.

RutgersNikeProCombat4.png Had to plug in Rutgers Uni that I loved. :D

Edited by bobobonators

For whatever little reason there was to watch the Pro Bowl before (I actually used to enjoy it for the fun game that it was), there's absolutely no reason to tune into this thing now. It's absolutely abyssmal what they've done to this thing.