could be worse

nuklz2594

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, i will.

He'll likely have over 10,000 passing yards in his first three seasons. I don't think he's the reason the Panthers haven't been winners. I respect your opinion, but this kid has been nothing short of great since entering the league.

Newton is not a bust, but he has been oddly inconsistent, and proof that a talented QB alone does not a rebuild make.

I agree hes been extremely inconsistent. Hence, bust.

Hes also had an all pro WR, great TE, and solid RB. Panthers are 28th in total points and 31st in passing.

BUST

14 - 22 record. From a guy that was supposed to revolutionize the position.

Bust.

I agree hes been extremely inconsistent. Hence, bust.

Hes also had an all pro WR, great TE, and solid RB. Panthers are 28th in total points and 31st in passing.

BUST

It's a team game. His first 2 years, Newton more than did his part. The Defense didn't. And Steve Smith is like 35 years old. They have no other wrs. Their rbs are garbage. Olsen never produced like this before the Panthers. And they have a new OC who seems to be pretty terrible.

And what stupid medal do folks get for calling a player a bust first?

It's a team game. His first 2 years, Newton more than did his part. The Defense didn't. And Steve Smith is like 35 years old. They have no other wrs. Their rbs are garbage. Olsen never produced like this before the Panthers. And they have a new OC who seems to be pretty terrible.

And what stupid medal do folks get for calling a player a bust first?

Dont take it personal. Just stating the obvious. Of course its a team game, and surely as a bills fan you would know better than to blame the team as opposed to the QB right? Oh wait..

Panthers have some issues for sure, and CAM is one of them. Fact is he has REGRESSED each season in the NFL and its not for a lack of offensive weapons.

So Carolina is,overall, a bad team, yet it was quite the accomplishment that the Bills had a last second drive to beat them. Hmmm?

A final length-of-field drive with no timeouts to beat any NFL team is quite the accomplishment, particularly for a QB in his 2nd career start. People forget the Bills' offense has not hit its groove yet. There were signs in the first half against Baltimore, and again during the first two drives of the 2nd half against Cleveland, but they've been largely inconsistent and clumsy.

Dont take it personal. Just stating the obvious. Of course its a team game, and surely as a bills fan you would know better than to blame the team as opposed to the QB right? Oh wait..

Panthers have some issues for sure, and CAM is one of them. Fact is he has REGRESSED each season in the NFL and its not for a lack of offensive weapons.

I'm not taking it personal at all. I just don't get the mentally people have to trash folks and decide they're not good enough. People were ready to run guys like Spiller and Dareus out of town after 1 or 2 seasons.

Newton has set records. His OC left to be Cleveland's coach and he is struggling. But that team is junk on the offensive side. The worst thing you can do is given up a young QB too early. Especially one who has shown as much promise as Newton.

A final length-of-field drive with no timeouts to beat any NFL team is quite the accomplishment, particularly for a QB in his 2nd career start. People forget the Bills' offense has not hit its groove yet. There were signs in the first half against Baltimore, and again during the first two drives of the 2nd half against Cleveland, but they've been largely inconsistent and clumsy.

People can't also separate things. The Panthers have a good defense. So do the Browns, Pats, Jets, and Ravens. These all are arguably top 10 defenses.

But fans have no patience now. They put all the frustrations of the last 13 years on guys who just got here.

I'm not taking it personal at all. I just don't get the mentally people have to trash folks and decide they're not good enough. People were ready to run guys like Spiller and Dareus out of town after 1 or 2 seasons.

Newton has set records. His OC left to be Cleveland's coach and he is struggling. But that team is junk on the offensive side. The worst thing you can do is given up a young QB too early. Especially one who has shown as much promise as Newton.

People can't also separate things. The Panthers have a good defense. So do the Browns, Pats, Jets, and Ravens. These all are arguably top 10 defenses.

But fans have no patience now. They put all the frustrations of the last 13 years on guys who just got here.

As measured by YPG, the Jets are #2, Panthers #3, Browns #4, Ravens #14, Pats* #16.

As measured by PPG, the Pats* are #2, Panthers #3, Browns #9, and Ravens and Jets tied at #14.

Yeah, these are good defenses. For the Bills' offense to be sitting at 16/19 in YPG/PPG at this point is really quite an accomplishment in my book.

FWIW, the Bengals' defense is sitting at 8/7, but their offense is 22/24.

Just curious, where should they put their frustration? Btw, has the phrase "headed in the right direction" become the new mantra over the previous, "show me the baby"? Maybe a mash-up would be better...Gentleman, I give you... Baby show me the right direction!!

Here's what I think is great about Bills fans - no matter how bad it gets, no matter how often it gets worse when we think it can't get worse (and I was born in the early 60's and have been a fan since I can remember so I feel qualified to comment), no matter how many rebuilding programs the team goes through, we still come back to root root root for the home team....Every year, around early July, I tell myself, despite professional predictions and just knowing better, I get excited for training camp. That first Sunday morning of the new season I'm darn near giddy with excitement. Intellectually I know that the Bills probably won't win more than six games this season, and yet I'm hopeful already for next year 'cause they look like they're playing better and are mentally stronger...We're all hopeless, but what else are you going to do during the fall?

things could be worse. we could be the jags. joekel done for year with broken ankle. traded away monroe. gabbert is the qb. ball boys are practicing at wr.

and we have some guy who played football at f ing Duke starting at QB in the NFL for us. Anyone remember Kay Stephenson? I do.

We shall see. Wow. What a franchise. amazing.

I would much rather be the Jags than the Bills. They're going to have Bridgewater or Manziel at QB next season and they have a smart, billionaire owner that knows how to think long-term.

The Jags are going to follow the Colts' blueprint of two seasons ago. Flirt with 0-16, get their QB, and then turn things right around.

I'm sure two seasons ago, Bills fans were like, "At least we're not as bad as the Colts." Look at them now.

Yes they will. Either one of those guys is going to be very good quickly in the NFL. If we tank this year, I'd go get Bridgewater, EJ be darned.

Edited by 8and8Forever

I look at this season as the new 1987. Bills just missed out on the playoffs as the majority of the core fine tuned. I expect this team to be a playoff contender next year. If they can keep the majority of the pieces in place and fill the holes, this team will have promise!

Not only are Jags probably the worst team in the NFL in the last decade, but there uniforms are ugly!! They play and look like they belong in Division 3 football.

jacksonville-jaguars-nfl-training-camp-2013-blaine-gabbert.jpg?w=600&h=425

I actually dont mind those unis. If i watched them enough i may even come to like them.

I tend to like black unis anyway. I like the fade in colors in the helmet too.

One of my buddies is a casual football fan and he was over thursday for the browns game and he actually commented on how he thought the bills unis were awful. That comment set the tone for the night unfortunately.