Dustin Hopkins

ny33

Tuel and Hopkins are both wasted roster spots. Don't get me wrong I've liked most of what the organization has done.

Hindsight is 20/20 but they should have kept Taveres and practice squaded tuel.

Hindsight is worthless. they are trying to build a team. They are doing well. How they QB the next 4 weeks will tell the tale.

Edited by 8and8Forever

Hindsight is worthless. they are trying to build a team. They are doing well. How they QB the next 4 weeks will tell the tale.

It's not hindsight. Having no veteran backup and an UDFA backup was a bad decision from the start. EJ's getting hurt only makes things worse. Having a backup kicker on the roster for five weeks is insanity. Tell me, who were the Redskins', Colts', Dolphins', and Seahawks' backups last year? All of those teams had either veterans or mid-round draft picks (who can play) as their backups, not an UDFA like Buffalo. Whaley's hubris will get him fired eventually.

i have to agree that Whaley was taking a big risk and the math doesnt support his decision. Now its biting him in the ass.

8and8 is correct though. How Bills handle the time EJ is out is very telling in regard to the current organization.

One of the comments i have read keeps me thinking. Freeman comes loose in perfect timing with our immediate need.

This whole situation sure has my attention to details full on.

Go bills

The fact that Hopkins wasn't IRed weeks ago, after Carpenter showed competence for several weeks, is a massive indictment of management. Only the Bills would carry two kickers five weeks into the season and fail to have a veteran backup for our first round QB. Only the Bills would have Tuel as the #2 QB on the roster; he should be the third behind EJ and a vet.

The Tuel thing i'm not sure about but my question is now that Carpenter has done a admirable job for 5 weeks how do you just bring back Hopkins & say to Carpenter well thanks for the bail out & doing a great job but your toast ??

Talk about burning a bridge ! Then if the Hopkins injury resurfaces & they do need a kicker & Carpenter is available do you think he wouldn't think twice about coming back ? I would if i was him ...

The Tuel thing i'm not sure about but my question is now that Carpenter has done a admirable job for 5 weeks how do you just bring back Hopkins & say to Carpenter well thanks for the bail out & doing a great job but your toast ??

Talk about burning a bridge ! Then if the Hopkins injury resurfaces & they do need a kicker & Carpenter is available do you think he wouldn't think twice about coming back ? I would if i was him ...

Ask Moorman.

People turn down several thousand dollar weekly paychecks all the time

My .02 is that Hopkins was a draft pick which is why he is still on the roster. The way Carpenter is playing it will be a tough decision who to keep once Hopkins is healthy.

I think they keep Hopkins for KOs and Carpenter for FGs.

I think they keep Hopkins for KOs and Carpenter for FGs.

They will finally accomplish the goal they set last year of having one for each! But yeah, that's the only logical thing to do at this point. I would want a vet who is kicking well (Carpenter) kicking FG's in close games over rookie Hopkins.

yeah, explain that to the NFL Players Association, they may have a problem with a team stashing players on IR who don't have injuries that will actually keep them out for the season.........

Yeeaaaaaaaapppppp. I'm glad somebody has half a brain to figure that out on here. Bills would get sued and lose instantly.