If the Sabres were a turd...

They can dress 20, right? I was trying to figure out this suspension/roster spot thing when I heard the Sabres were down two roster spots.

Exactly. When Kaleta and Scott were both suspended, the Sabres had only one extra guy who could play. The team was really hamstrung in terms of roster flexibility.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. When Kaleta and Scott were both suspended, the Sabres had only one extra guy who could play. The team was really hamstrung in terms of roster flexibility.

And why do they need flexibility? You play who's available. They were never in danger of being short handed. They still had an extra player. You're just reaching for an excuse.

You have no idea what you're talking about. :doh:

Darcy Regier Interview (11/2/13)

Do you even watch hockey? Your support for Darcy makes it doubtful. I'll match my knowledge from playing and coaching against your experience texting any day. I'll side with Rob Ray and Brad May who expressed Kaleta's importance on the ice and in the locker room.

Do you even watch hockey? Your support for Darcy makes it doubtful. I'll match my knowledge from playing and coaching against your experience texting any day. I'll side with Rob Ray and Brad May who expressed Kaleta's importance on the ice and in the locker room.

Having two dead spots on a roster of twenty three is not a good scenario. Any coach knows that I'm not a Darcy supporter, as if that matters. You have no idea what my experience is or who I am. But your commentary tells me you have no clue regardless of your purported hockey knowledge. Kaleta like players who are heart and soul types are not that hard to find (Cody McCormick and Cory Tropp). He's expendable Not to mention he's seemingly injured or suspended all too often. Rob Ray as a source of knowledge. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Again, You are clueless. Too many pucks to the head for you Pasta Boy

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Having two dead spots on a roster of twenty three is not a good scenario. Any coach knows that I'm not a Darcy supporter, as if that matters. You have no idea what my experience is or who I am. But your commentary tells me you have no clue regardless of your purported hockey knowledge. Kaleta like players who are heart and soul types are not that hard to find (Cody McCormick and Cory Tropp). He's expendable Not to mention he's seemingly injured or suspended all too often. Rob Ray as a source of knowledge. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Again, You are clueless. Too many pucks to the head for you Pasta Boy

I don't need to know who you are, your lack of experience is evident. And for you to think you're more knowledgable than a 12 year veteran of the Sabres who personally knows Kaleta and is with the team every day is laughable. And his name is Corey Tropp, not Cory. Try to get something right.

I don't need to know who you are, your lack of experience is evident. And for you to think you're more knowledgable than a 12 year veteran of the Sabres who personally knows Kaleta and is with the team every day is laughable. And his name is Corey Tropp, not Cory. Try to get something right.

Ohh I missed an e in Corey....You got me I know nothing. I know who you are. You're a Kaleta fanboy. :thumbsup: Good for you. You can watch him in Rochester. :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Agree.

Kaleta had a role on the team as a fantastic penalty killer, was willing and good at blocking shots, sacrificing his body to draw the most penalties in the league and from what I've heard was a liked guy in the locker room. There is always a place for a reasonably paid 3-4th line grinder role player. All he had to do was clean up some of the edge in his game and stop getting suspended. It's just another feather in darcys cap of mismanagement. It also sends the wrong message to young impressionable players that hard work and sacrifice are not rewarded.

Glad we still have stafford :rolleyes:

Agree.

Kaleta had a role on the team as a fantastic penalty killer, was willing and good at blocking shots, sacrificing his body to draw the most penalties in the league and from what I've heard was a liked guy in the locker room. There is always a place for a reasonably paid 3-4th line grinder role player. All he had to do was clean up some of the edge in his game and stop getting suspended. It's just another feather in darcys cap of mismanagement. It also sends the wrong message to young impressionable players that hard work and sacrifice are not rewarded.

Glad we still have stafford :rolleyes:

If it was that damn easy, he would have done it by now. Two suspensions for Kaleta in the span of 21 games. Matt Cooke got the message and got it together. Stafford is a total waste of a hockey player. You can see the skill set, but he doesn't give a damn.

As for Darcy, he along with Ruff should have been gone when Pegula bought the team for a clean sweep and a fresh start.

Rob Ray is a great source of hockey knowledge, just like Andrew Peters is. :rolleyes: They're both retired hockey pugilists who are blessed enough to have post career gigs in media despite being barely capable of stringing two coherent sentences together on a good day.

Have at it Kaleta fanboys....Amerks tickets are very affordable.

No they don't. They still count against the cap but. Not the roster limit.

Yes they do. You are wrong. If they don't count, then where were the replacements for them (Scott and Kaleta) on the roster while the suspensions were in effect with the Sabres being far below the cap?

The Sabres roster right now is at 23 with Scott included while he's suspended. That's why they had to make a move today for Tropp coming back with Kaleta waived as that move.

http://espn.go.com/b...ui-eriksson-hit

The news didn't get any better for Buffalo, which is now down two roster spots because of suspended players.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Rob ray analyzing hockey games that too funny. He saw the penalty box more than actual ice

You confuse on-ice skill with knowledge of the game. Many coaches and analysts are former 3rd or 4th line players or minor leaguers. They couldn't rely on just skill to play, they had to rely on positioning and effort. Wayne Gretzky was not successful as a coach.