Bills QB search - Dixon, White visit, Carr talked with, Freeman out

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine that Freeman has been contacted by a lot of teams, especially the Bills. I also assume he and his agent will watch the games tomorrow, see if there are any major injuries to QBs that may change the landscape, and then decide tomorrow night. The fact he gets his 6m from the Bucs makes his decision less important to be right away.

It's possible that Whaley did his due diligence on him when he was coming out and wasn't thrilled even then. It's also possible that Freeman is looking for a more attractive spot where he has a better chance to start long term.

It's a valid point that Freeman's time table and the Bills time table aren't necessarily in sync. Bills want someone signed Monday who can play ASAP.

It's also a great point that Freeman may well be looking for a team where there is no apparent favorite for long term starter.

My question is: if these guys (White and Dixon) are viable starters with some NFL experience, why not bring them in a month ago so they could have spent that month learning the playbook?

from being in tampa, I wouldn't take freeman.

Say more?

You could say the same about every qb available, essentially

right! there's a reason they're available ..... except one, Josh Freeman is NFL starter ready. So if he is really a pain in the a#$%, fine, use him and cut him when EJ gets back

I'm very intrigued by Pat White being an option. Not as a long term option - but as a stop gap. We should also look at David Carr for a veteran presence. His arm strength is not all that, but could be worth 3-4 wins in the interim.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/162359-did-the-bills-just-become-the-new-landing-spot-for-josh-freeman/page__st__20#entry2933223

I think at this point, White is a better option than Dixon.

C

Why do you say that (Oakland-bound)

Some rumors popped up today that he was heading there...his former OC who he played well under is also there so that adds to the speculation

I would be shocked if Bills sign him. They are married to EJ so I don't see them bringing anyone in that could possibly challenge him

What could happen though is Freeman signs with Oakland and Bills end up with Flynn somehow

Edited by Max997

Is it that crazy to see Freeman come here? He could come into a pretty talented offense on a one year deal and do well for however long he plays and land a nice contract with some other team after. I really don't know how likely it is he comes here but I could see it being a good career move for him.

Some rumors popped up today that he was heading there...his former OC who he played well under is also there so that adds to the speculation

I would be shocked if Bills sign him. They are married to EJ so I don't see them bringing anyone in that could possibly challenge him

Max I would agree wholeheartedly if this was Chan Gailey. Marrone and Whaley would cut their brother to win. Bryan Scott basically grew up with the Pettine family going to the rival high school but good friends...he's on the street. If I were Freeman I would want a rest of the year deal where I could start and showcase -- build back my value and then go on the open market at the end of the year. Buffalo may in fact be the perfect situation.