The reason this organization has been and still is a joke

I think the Bills planned to play Manuel this year come hell or high water. They are rebuilding.......meaning that they are not ready to challenge the Seattle's/Denver's of the world just yet.

Hopefully, Manuel becomes a viable starting QB for the future. The jury is still out on that.

The Bills have not built this team to compete for the SB just yet.

They have drafted well recently so if they can draft just as well next year then we might be able to actually compete with the big boys.

Without Manuel healthy this team is sunk. The next four games will be very tough to win without a viable starting QB. if we lose those four we'll be 2-7 and already looking at next year.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me a break. If Tuel lights it up last night, everyone and their brother thinks we have an RGIII / Cousins thing going on. The loss sucks, get over it. This team is making progress big time.

I agree they are progressing but I just don't think you put a very talented team (assume there were no other injuries), in a position where if your starting QB goes down, the season is over....It's not fair to the rest of the team or the fans.

Didn't read all three pages.

Just looked like OP forgot about the guy named Kolb.

Re: Kolb--lol at all the people who NOW say that Fitz was better. Kolb for Fitz was a push. Always was.

I never said that, largely because Fitzpatrick is far more durable. Fitz was and is a much better option.

I assume you're referring to backup QB...so...are you forgetting that we signed Kolb? That there was a mad offseason rush to gobble up anything that even remotely resembled QB talent?

Kolb was gone two weeks before the season even started. Sure, Leinart didn't work out, but there were other options. The Bills appear to have just thrown up their hands and said "we'll go with two." Not a good plan.

I never said that, largely because Fitzpatrick is far more durable. Fitz was and is a much better option.

Kolb was gone two weeks before the season even started. Sure, Leinart didn't work out, but there were other options. The Bills appear to have just thrown up their hands and said "we'll go with two." Not a good plan.

Name five.

A lot of teams go with two. At cutdown date, fourteen teams had only two on their active roster. Two years ago, 11 teams went into the season with two. About one third of the teams carry two.

Name five.

Not that l love any of these guys at all, but they're ALL way better than Tuel. For one, they've all led TD drives before.

Tim Tebow

Vince Young

David Carr

Caleb Hanie

Dennis Dixon

Charlie Batch

Jimmy Clausen

A lot of teams go with two. At cutdown date, fourteen teams had only two on their active roster. Two years ago, 11 teams went into the season with two. About one third of the teams carry two.

I did not know it was that high. Thanks. Seems ill thought out to me, but what do I know? Presumably, though, the other 10 teams went into the season with credible backups.

I did not know it was that high. Thanks. Seems ill thought out to me, but what do I know? Presumably, though, the other 10 teams went into the season with credible backups.

Yep. Very ill thought. The problem wasn't keeping two, the problem was who was our #2. I give Whaley and Marrone a lot of credit for what they have done in a very short time period. This was a huge mistake and I was against having Tuel from the start. It's almost unconscionable to have him in there as your #2. They were taking a risk, a huge one, with the backup. Tuel wasn't even good in college. He got benched for two games in his senior year. I was actually hoping the Bills signed Brady Quinn when he was released and I think Quinn stinks. But we had a very good chance of winning that game if we had Quinn. Tuel stinks. He's a PS player at best, and it showed.

I would shut up and feel better if Brandon said they are taking Fitz entire cap hit this year -- and that they restructured Kyle Williams contact to lower his out years etc. etc --- instead, Brandon is doing what he has done for the past decade --- and we know how that's gone ---

Bingo!!! I am very surprised that this isn't mentioned more often. They put off huge cap hits until 2014, this with 20 mil just sitting there. Creative accounting, but this will not help us at all next season.

Yep. Very ill thought. The problem wasn't keeping two, the problem was who was our #2. I give Whaley and Marrone a lot of credit for what they have done in a very short time period. This was a huge mistake and I was against having Tuel from the start. It's almost unconscionable to have him in there as your #2. They were taking a risk, a huge one, with the backup. Tuel wasn't even good in college. He got benched for two games in his senior year. I was actually hoping the Bills signed Brady Quinn when he was released and I think Quinn stinks. But we had a very good chance of winning that game if we had Quinn. Tuel stinks. He's a PS player at best, and it showed.

Yep. He really does stink!!

I am happy with the direction of the Bills. Tuel may be ok in the short run with a full week of reps. He was missing lots of pieces too.

We have to let Manuel develop this year. We are building a solid defence, good offensive line. I would be happy if we won 8 games this year and got ready to challenge for a playoff spot next year. I just want to know that we are gooing in the right direction. I think we have a good coach and a good young QB. I hope I am right. My patience after 30 years is running thin.

Not that l love any of these guys at all, but they're ALL way better than Tuel. For one, they've all led TD drives before.

Tim Tebow

Vince Young

David Carr

Caleb Hanie

Dennis Dixon

Charlie Batch

Jimmy Clausen

TD drives? How about a first down that wasn't caused by a penalty?

I love how these arguments get turned around that Kolb was the only available option and it's not obd's fault that he got hurt.

Name five.

1. Josh Freeman: He's looking for work and would give theBills a guy who could start in Week 6. Freeman's a streaky passer with accuracy issues, but his arm is a rocket.

2. Vince Young: His preseason play with the Packers gave Green Bay a spark. Young's skill set would allow Buffalo to run its offense, and people forget he owns a 31-19 record as a starter.

3. Thaddeus Lewis: He currently sits on Buffalo's practice squad. Lewis started a game for the Browns last season and wasn't a disaster. He's a roster option if Buffalo wants to take one more look at Tuel.

4. Matt Leinart: He was a nightmare with the Bills in August, and we don't expect that to change. Leinart's on this list because Marrone's familiar with him, not because he's worth another look.

5. David Carr: A decidedly dull option, but a veteran who could serve as a patch. A very boring patch.

I don't think the redskins last year were all that different with cousins last year.

Jeeeze people. If you have been a fan long enough it's plainly clear the bills have a better team, more talent and a brighter future than they have in two decades.

Cleveland is good. Sorry. They are leading their division with the steelers ravens and bengals. Three perennially strong teams of recent years that hold two Super Bowl teams from the past few years.

The bills have been in position to win very game this season except the jets game, with a second string secondary.

They will have a legitimate playoff push if EJ gets and stay healthy. Believe it.

...when I see it. Now show me the...oh, never mind. The new mantra is, " we are headed in the right direction".

look no further than having an undrafted rookie QB as your backup. there's nothing left to do but laugh, nice work guys

Please identify the veteran backup that was there for the taking that the front office was too stupid to pick up. Jimmy Clausen? Leinert?