Jordan Cameron is an All-Pro!

He looks like an All-Pro. How would you defend him?

I think I let Lawson play him with Searcy/Leonhard/Byrd over the top. Lawson is supposed to be good in coverage and has the height to match up.

If they line him up in the backfield and motion him out, I am ok with Alonso trailing him.

He needs double coverage. They have no one outside that can beat Williams or McKelvin consistently. Hell even Rogers may look capable against their WR's.

Anyone know how Pettine defended Gronk last year?

agree with OP - Lawson jamming him at the line hard, and then running with him - with a safety over the top on that side of the field in case he beats him out right

like Tyson said "everyones got a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - hope this is the plan and that we stick with it - Manny needs to have a big night

I think I let Lawson play him with Searcy/Leonhard/Byrd over the top. Lawson is supposed to be good in coverage and has the height to match up.

If they line him up in the backfield and motion him out, I am ok with Alonso trailing him.

He needs double coverage. They have no one outside that can beat Williams or McKelvin consistently. Hell even Rogers may look capable against their WR's.

He needs to be doubled, but we can't forget about Gorden. They have been giving up a bunch of long balls. So we can't forget about him.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/162262-scouting-the-cleveland-browns/

I hope to God he has been recognized and there is a game plan to stop him . The way we did not attend to Amendola drove me nuts . I also want to see McGahee shutdown too for obvious reasons . Go bills

The reason Amendola has not played since W1 is precisely a result of how the Bills "attended" to him. They hit the snot out of him, and he made some unbelievable catches in traffic.

Cameron is one of the only two offensive "weapons" I can identify on the Browns' roster (Josh Gordon being the other). It would therefore shock me if Pettine and staff don't have a plan in place.

The reason Amendola has not played since W1 is precisely a result of how the Bills "attended" to him. They hit the snot out of him, and he made some unbelievable catches in traffic.

Cameron is one of the only two offensive "weapons" I can identify on the Browns' roster (Josh Gordon being the other). It would therefore shock me if Pettine and staff don't have a plan in place.

I think the posters point was that we should have doubled Amendola. Not just hit him.

And we should have.

I think the posters point was that we should have doubled Amendola. Not just hit him.

And we should have.

I disagree. Very few WRs make the sort of catches Amendola made in that game, and if you recall, Edelman caught both TDs.

Gordon is a near top-10 talent at WR. If we over-commit to stopping Cameron, we don't have anybody who can match up with Gordon (w/o Gilmore). Gordon will be the most talented outside WR we've faced, and look what some of the lesser guys have done to us.

I'm concerned to say the least.

Gordon is a near top-10 talent at WR. If we over-commit to stopping Cameron, we don't have anybody who can match up with Gordon (w/o Gilmore). Gordon will be the most talented outside WR we've faced, and look what some of the lesser guys have done to us.

I'm concerned to say the least.

Better than Torrey Smith?

Better than Torrey Smith?

No question.

Torrey Smith is basically a 1-trick pony deep threat. Gordon does that just as well, and is a big bodied inside WR too. He looks to be from the same mold as Brandon Marshall.

I think you find some amazing results come Thursday night. I expect a defense similar to 1/2 Carolina and 1/2 Baltimore. A mix of NJJ could come in. We jam the line, show multiple fronts and put Lawson on the shallow routes a FS over top the middle and make the plays go outside the hashes. Alonso will be there to take anything out that crosses the middle.

Big things this week on D and if Pettine doesn't deliver, I'm taking his job.

I hope to God he has been recognized and there is a game plan to stop him . The way we did not attend to Amendola drove me nuts . I also want to see McGahee shutdown too for obvious reasons . Go bills

I can see McGahee get probably 15 carries tops.

agree with OP - Lawson jamming him at the line hard, and then running with him - with a safety over the top on that side of the field in case he beats him out right

like Tyson said "everyones got a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - hope this is the plan and that we stick with it - Manny needs to have a big night

\

We simply have to bring pressure on Hoyer like we did on everyone except Geno. If we pressure the QB, everything else is moot.

Anyone see what the Patriots what the Patriots did in the 4th QTR to Falcons TE Tony Gonzalaz? Tony the tiger had 12 receptions for 149 yards and 2 TD's in that game

Then in the 4th QTR the Patriots treated him like he was a gunner on ST, and double blocked him at the LoS to keep him from seeing the ball at all. It worked as Tony didn't do much after that.

The Browns have two serious receiving threats, one in their TE Cameron and the other in WR Josh Gordon. I gotta wonder if it would be wise for the Bills to run a sort of "wide 9'' defense like the Detroit Lions utilize. It limits the effectiveness of your defense stopping the run, but is better at putting pressure on opposing QB's. Considering the Browns traded away their biggest RB threat in Richardson it might be wise to get strong rush on QB Brian Hoyer rather then worrying about the run.