Raw sewage = Time for a new stadium

ET1062

Next time a pipe leaks or busts at one of your homes, in which you use the plumbing every single day, perhaps we should tear the house down.

Bunch of people who don't understand logic in here. Pipes DO break. Especially in an aging structure that only gets used 10-15 times a year.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, i love the brevity of that statement and use of the term "hazmat." That's corporate/lawyer speak to the Nth degree right there. And the headline referring to "select" concession and restroom areas. Ooh, "select"! As in, we were SELECTED to be lucky enough to crawl through a river of $#%% and come out clean on the other side!

I was standing in that human waste when it happened yesterday. So Gross!! unless you were there you can't talk about how Bills fans have become pansies. I only come in for a game or 2 per season. I had spend about 30 mins walking around the stadium to get food and restroom. The open areas were packed. It was a joke there yesterday.

What's up with the Major construction going on between the sewage holding tank(???) and the parking lot above the tunnel? Think

Speaking of a dome... How would that work with all the snow WNY gets? Is it struturally feasible? I know Syracuse has the Carrier dome. Wasn't there issues there with weight of snow? Especially OP, they get a ton of snow that would sit on that roof!

??

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I've actually found that RWS is a decent place to lay some logs. I've tested the stalls at most stadiums I've visited and I suspect that RWS is in the top 10 in the NFL in this particular category. I've found Lambeau to be another great place to drop a deuce. Arrowhead is also good, following the recent stadium upgrades. Looking forward to killing some time in the can at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa later this season.

Haha, I've only **** once at an NFL stadium, and that was last year @ Cleveland, probably because I was still drunk from the night before. We were in the club level, so it wasn't too bad. I think I'd rather **** myself than drop a deuce at the Ralph, though

Haha, I've only **** once at an NFL stadium, and that was last year @ Cleveland, probably because I was still drunk from the night before. We were in the club level, so it wasn't too bad. I think I'd rather **** myself than drop a deuce at the Ralph, though

The Dog Pound sounds like a risky place to sh*t. I assume the same is true about the entire AFC North. Overall, NFC stadiums tend to be much better venues for "dropping anchor;" although I've heard good things about Foxboro and Jacksonville. FYI - avoid sh*tting at MetLife, particularly if it's a Jets' home game.

Oh you wont notice the effects. Its a sneaky devil that bacteria.

till its too late.

nasty s*** is sh**.

Why are people wearing flip flops and deck shoes ? One is for the beach and the other for the boat. Geez people. Jungle boots forthe Ralph.....

I can only speak for myself... I was wearing flippy floppy's bc they are extremely comfortable, and I have to sit in a car 4-5 hours round trip to attend these games...

Maybe I will bring some hip waders... No, no.... CHEST WADERS to the next home game... Gotta be prepared!!

The whole blue-collar thing died long ago. And most Bills fans don't want to sit in the cold and rain anymore. And our so-called cold weather advantage is a myth too. Don't waste $200-300 million on a something that gets used twice a year. Build a permanent dome.

PTR

A domed stadium and convention center project would be a perfect addition to Downtown Buffalo.

Speaking of a dome... How would that work with all the snow WNY gets? Is it struturally feasible? I know Syracuse has the Carrier dome. Wasn't there issues there with weight of snow? Especially OP, they get a ton of snow that would sit on that roof!

??

Here's an article....

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2010/12/manager_of_syracuses_carrier_d.html

Just be glad it's not Oakland's stadium, where the dugouts are filled with raw sewage

23992-911.jpg

My two favorites teams....both both stadiums going to crap, literally. BTW...just floods due to heavy rain in this pic; no sewage. But yes, sewage did happen in the dugout.

??

And if you build it right on Lake Erie what do you do about the gale force winds? How do you keep a roof on when the gusts are 60+ mph?

PTR

I can only speak for myself... I was wearing flippy floppy's bc they are extremely comfortable, and I have to sit in a car 4-5 hours round trip to attend these games...

Maybe I will bring some hip waders... No, no.... CHEST WADERS to the next home game... Gotta be prepared!!

LOL . a true fan : )

And if you build it right on Lake Erie what do you do about the gale force winds? How do you keep a roof on when the gusts are 60+ mph?

PTR

Don't think that'll matter with the new domes that are built. Hypothetically we'd be closer to Lucas Oil Field than the Carrier dome. Ask the Epic Dome / Epic Center off Wehrle and Transit what setup is better. When the Metrodome gets replaced, the Carrier Dome is the last major roofed stadium with the negative pressure/inflatable roof set up. All other roofed stadia in the NFL are built with a solid/metal/non-inflated dome. Then it's no different than say the roof at the FNC.

Edited by OvrOfficiousJerk

Don't think that'll matter with the new domes that are built. Hypothetically we'd be closer to Lucas Oil Field than the Carrier dome. Ask the Epic Dome / Epic Center off Wehrle and Transit what setup is better. When the Metrodome gets replaced, the Carrier Dome is the last major roofed stadium with the negative pressure/inflatable roof set up. All other roofed stadia in the NFL are built with a solid/metal/non-inflated dome. Then it's no different than say the roof at the FNC.

Atlanta

New Orleans

St Louis

Don't they all have that type of done as well?

I don't know who's to blame, if anyone, or whether it was clean water or not. From what I seen (section 132) it didn't "look" too bad, but it was vile to say the least. Walked into the bathrrom, there was about 3 inches of this stuff on the floor, compared to about an inch or so in the concourse. I left the can when it started to seep through my sneaker. All in all, bottom line is that the stadium only has to be ready for 7 real home games a year and it wasn't. I was pretty sure the health department was going to shut it down, but they didn't.

I think the real question is, assuming it was just an unforeseeable problem, will the Bills (currently 22 minion under the cap which equals an extra 22 mil in RW's pocket) do anything to give back to the fans. Even a simple gesture like a $10 rebate- ticket was over $100, or something off an upcoming game.

It would be be a good guesture to say, hey we're sorry for the digusting inconvenience.

My guess- nothing will be done, we will be told to suck it up and we should be thanking them for keeping the team here.

btw I would guess about 15- 20 thousand fans effected. Half probably do not have there stub. So you are looking at total cost to RW and the bills of about $100,00 to $150,000. An alturnative that all the fans would perfer is to make Jarius Byrd clean it up. Since he is an employee and cannot perform the task he is paid to do, perhaps a job reassignment would be in order.

We could only dream, but I think that would heal his feet very quickly, and he would be back to "100%".

Great idea, I'm surprised fans didn't start a chant, or at least a make shift sign "Make Byrd clean up the Turd"

Atlanta

New Orleans

St Louis

Don't they all have that type of done as well?

Nope, nope, nope. Atlanta is cable supported Teflon so close to carrier dome but I don't think it has the revolving door set-up to maintain negative pressure.

Edited by OvrOfficiousJerk