Raw sewage = Time for a new stadium

ET1062

Never happen. Forget that idea. The Ralph is cool. Retro stadiums will be all the rage in 10 years. Just give it some unique looks. Take the stupid "Gilmore's Goofballs" signs off the ground walls for starters. I am embarrassed for the franchise when I see those on TV. I know they are trying to clean up what fans will hang over the walls, but I liked those better.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks that way. There has been construction going on for almost 3 months behind the stadium. The parking lot above the tunnel is all torn up. I heard something about a 36 inch pipe failing. I believe this pipe goes to the overflow/holding tank behind the stadium which is connected to sewer piping that was installed near smokes creek before the stadium was even considered being built.

urinal-trough.jpg

So, I didn't want to be that guy, but it's "trough," not "troth."

The grammar police are really losing their edge here, huh? I mean, it's been two days!

Anyway, that was absolutely disgusting. Walking into the game they had a kid with a mop - maybe he was 18, but didn't look a day over 15- trying to stop hundreds of people from walking through the area near the rockpile. Since you're walking down from the outer concourse to the inner portion, it takes a second for your eyes to adjust from the bright sun to the dimmer "inside" area. So plenty of people were walking through an inch or two of nasty water before they even realize it.

I realize the timing must've played a part, but what's more egregious IMO is that they didn't have a battalion of employees directing traffic and explaining what was going on. I overheard something about flooding, which is way less alarming than WATCH OUT FOR SEWAGE. Throw up some signs or something. I don't know why people weren't informed as soon as they started walking in that direction. There were a handful of guest services people at the top of the concourse and they didn't seem to alert anyone. Once I was down there, I saw dozens of concession employees just standing there in front of their stands. I think they should've had them at the top of the concourse directing traffic or at least providing a clear warning.

Oh well, I was buzzed enough to not really care at the time, and it wasn't really that big of a deal. However, I do think it could've been handled much better, and maybe I wouldn't have had to throw my sneakers out yesterday. Or walk halfway around the stadium to buy a freaking bottle of water in an extra long line.

Edited by uncle flap

You ever fly somewhere (been to an airport)? What about all the dolts who wear flip-flops there? Sure would be fun (for them) in an emergency evacuation from the airplane. LOL

LoL!

This post for some reason reminds me of the old bit on All in the Family... Where Archie goes @ The Meathead about how to put one's socks and shoes on... LoL... Seems The Meathead would put one sock and one shoe on first... Drove Archie wild!

Too funny & classic!

Oh you wont notice the effects. Its a sneaky devil that bacteria.

till its too late.

nasty s*** is sh**.

Why are people wearing flip flops and deck shoes ? One is for the beach and the other for the boat. Geez people. Jungle boots forthe Ralph.....

OK so here it is Wednesday evening and still feel fine, but admittedly this post has me a little concerned. How long until I'm in the clear? From now on nothing but boots for footwear to the Ralph.

OK so here it is Wednesday evening and still feel fine, but admittedly this post has me a little concerned. How long until I'm in the clear? From now on nothing but boots for footwear to the Ralph.

]Well Son you just cant tell about these things.

The good news is you have had no severe rashes or diarrhea yet. Or have you ?

I suspect all will be repaired and sanitized before the next home game. Thank goodness the Browns are an away game !

I hope they used something like us old folks recall to clean the doody.

Bon Ami sounds about right. Don Knotts would be nervous otherwise

you will be fine as long as you remain a true fan .