The Problem with Bills' fans

1B4IDie

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taskers Ghost:

If you honestly believe the Bills are a joke and Polian was an exception, then you really should for your own benefit stop watching the Bills. I'm not being sarcastic, and really mean it. This means you wouldn't have enjoyed that other thread on favorite Bills moments where they discussed the greatest comeback of all time, the Moulds catch in the Miami snow game, the turnaround with Flutie after the horrible start with R Johnson. I have so many fond memories of my beloved Bills.

We could be Cleveland! We went to 4 SB, went to 11 of 14 yr of playoffs from the late 80's to the late 90's. We won the 64-65 AFL championships. We had Ferguson, Kemp, Kelly, B. Smith (all time sack leader), Levy, Saban, and can keep going.

i really feel we are getting better. If you expected us to be 12-4 then your expectations were off. Miami has sucked for a decade, except for one year, but look at their start. We have more talent now.

Yes, there are still problems. Hacket has to improve with play calling. The WR must improve on their breaks. and yes, we have to get some first downs to not gas our defense so much. But did you expect us to jus tblow people away. The first two games we had a ratio of 1 pt. The third game did not look good but again we only lost by 7. Would you like last year in the 49ers result?

My daughter is about to be 11 in April which means that the Bills haven't made it to the playoffs her whole life plus 2 or 3 years before she was even conceived. I mean, if I began to write about all the stuff that's happened in that time period, man oh man.

It's been too long to be patient. I hear where the OP is coming from but patience is not what Bills fans are expected to have, it's answers and playoffs. Thank you. No please sit down.

Taskers Ghost:

If you honestly believe the Bills are a joke and Polian was an exception, then you really should for your own benefit stop watching the Bills. I'm not being sarcastic, and really mean it. This means you wouldn't have enjoyed that other thread on favorite Bills moments where they discussed the greatest comeback of all time, the Moulds catch in the Miami snow game, the turnaround with Flutie after the horrible start with R Johnson. I have so many fond memories of my beloved Bills.

We could be Cleveland! We went to 4 SB, went to 11 of 14 yr of playoffs from the late 80's to the late 90's. We won the 64-65 AFL championships. We had Ferguson, Kemp, Kelly, B. Smith (all time sack leader), Levy, Saban, and can keep going.

i really feel we are getting better. If you expected us to be 12-4 then your expectations were off. Miami has sucked for a decade, except for one year, but look at their start. We have more talent now.

Yes, there are still problems. Hacket has to improve with play calling. The WR must improve on their breaks. and yes, we have to get some first downs to not gas our defense so much. But did you expect us to jus tblow people away. The first two games we had a ratio of 1 pt. The third game did not look good but again we only lost by 7. Would you like last year in the 49ers result?

...so you are comparing us to those 2 other horrible franchises.....and thats supposed to be a comfort??

I think Bills fans would be more patient if the Bills showed some orderly progress. The first 3 games were chaos.What a mess.---This team--with Byrd and Gilmore in there--has above average talent. Its on EJ and the coaches now.

The real problem is how much Bills fans care for this team

There's no impetus for Bills ownership to give you a quality product (which I'm not saying they purposely do) because they know you'll show up every week

When I read so many people who feel like they have to pay to support the team just to keep them in Buffalo, that's just sad. It's gone way too far.

Thanks Ralph.

This is kinda like your PP, Pain & patience speech after week 8 in 2010. You know the one where you stated it will take time to rebuild after that 0-8 start.

Funny thing is, I can recall Buddy Nix stating that " you're going to think I'm crazy, but we're not that far away." at the start of 2010.

"It doesn't matter what kind of splash we make today. What matters is two years and three years down the road, if we have this thing turned around in the right direction and we're winning," Nix said. "I know before I'm asked this, you're going to think I'm crazy, but we're not that far away."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4785461

The thing that bothers me about this team is the Bills let a top player leave (Andy Levitre) because of money, and also let a decent back up G leave (Chad Rinehart). Now the replacement player is not even remotely close to being a suitable replacement, and is grading as the worst player on the team. Yeah, even worse then CB Justin " toast" Rodgers who allowed 74% of the Jets passing playson Sunday.

This situation wouldn't be a big deal if Fitz were back there getting hammered as usual. But now they have a 1st round pick at QB starting to get the snot beaten out of him (NY Jets 8 sacks) There isn't going to be highlights at all this season for me if the Bills allow EJ to be turned into another Trent Edwards / JP Losman.

The Problem with Bills' fans is that they have no faith. There is no Faith that the team is getting worse. There is no faith the team is getting better. Every win means we're going to the Super Bowl and every Loss means we're going to get the first pick in the draft.

I'm not hear to tell you to have faith. I'm not hear to tell you to have patience. Missing the playoffs for 14 years is a long time. The team hasn't earned your faith or your patience.

I'm here to say, We have a rookie HC, Rookie OC, Rookie QB, and a Rookie LB calling the plays on Defense. The team is not going to the playoffs.

Lets take it easy and enjoy the highs of the season and not freak completely out on the lows of the season.

There will be lots of mistakes but that doesn't mean every draft pick was wasted. There will be lots of great plays that doesn't mean every draft pick will go to the Hall of Fame.

It is fair to say that any rookie will more often than not be better from their 2nd game to their 3rd game and their 3rd game to their 4th game. Lets give this 4 headed rookie monster atleast 8 games before we start proclaiming them to be saviors or satans maybe even a whole 16.

A Majority of these "EJ is Amazing" "EJ is Horrible" "Hackett is an idiot" "Kiko is a HOFer" "Kiko can't play LB" threads are downright insane. This board is tipping to complete waste of time because Bills fans are losing their minds.

Bills fans, lets all take a deep breath, get some composure, get some perspective, sit back with a few Labatt Blues and watch some football. Thats all. Just watch some football.

Take note of the plays that show potential. Take not of the plays that show areas of improvement. Lets discuss what the means but we don't have to take every positive to the extreme or every negative to the extreme. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Yeah, the current rebuilding team is tough to stomach, but die hard fans will watch every minute of every game because they are fans. And not understand why they cannot win, and will have the right to poop and moan over every decision and play. That's the deal. Just the way it is. The Bills are only game in town. Sabres are nice, but the NHL is not even close to the NFL and the Sabres are not a winning franchise either, so put them aside. Fans will be fans. Patience is in short supply when the NFL demands you invest your entire Sunday into one team every week. So it is what it is. This is fan board, meaning "fanatic" . So rant away. We "patient" ones just need to deal with it.

Edited by 8and8Forever

I don't have to read any responses to know that someone will insist the fans are allowed to feel that way with 13 non-playoff seasons in a row. That is the answer to everything. And because the Bills have missed for 13 years the time allowed for a turnaround gets shorter and shorter. Everyone says they want to rebuild, get a franchise QB and start over, but they want to blow the team up after one bad loss because they can already see it's all gone to schitt.

My suggestion to those fans is take a break.

PTR

Do you have a Kit Kat bar you can spare?

let me explain to you how a bills fan works........first you proclaim a guy is a great after a few preseason plays, second, you claim he sucks after a few regular season plays and cant throw deep/run fast/get sacks, if he can throw deep/run fast/get sacks you call him a one-trick-pony, third, if hes actually good you start posting about who he should be traded for while he still has trade value, finally you blame not winning on one age old problem, that Ralph is cheap.

The only thing that hasn't been a problem for the past 13 years has been the fans. The fact that this small market still supports this team year after year with a horrible product is amazing.

Sure bills fans complain a lot but what do you expect since every coaching staff since wade Phillips has been incompetent.

Every time they hire a new coach fans hope this time will be different. When realization occurs that we've got another dud here, understandably we freak out. It's so frustrating.

I think the personnel on this team is the best we've seen in a long time. Should only get better too as young as they are.

I'm concerned about the coaching. I think pettine is great, I'm unsure about marrone, and I'm pretty sure Hackett is a dud.

Im willing to give them this year but if the play calling is still high school caliber at the end of the year, I'd like to see them offer mike pettine his first head coaching job before someone else hires him.

The real problem is how much Bills fans care for this team

There's no impetus for Bills ownership to give you a quality product (which I'm not saying they purposely do) because they know you'll show up every week

When I read so many people who feel like they have to pay to support the team just to keep them in Buffalo, that's just sad. It's gone way too far.

1 - is that your real picture?

2 - The whiny up and down fans could switch to the Raiders, Jaguars, they could also choose the Cardinals, Panthers, Buc's

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Why do you accept not making the playoffs?

Why do you accept $20 million in unused salary cap?

Why do you accept the TE's on this roster?

Why do you accept signing one LB in FA?

Why do you accept being the only team in league history to start a season with only two rookie QB's?

Why do you accept being irrelevant before the end of September?

And if it is not ok to freak out now, at what point do we get the board's collective permission to freak out? When EJ gets slammed to the turf by Ngata after beating Colin Brown? When Torrey Smith runs past Justin Rogers? When a Willis McGahee led Browns team beats the Bills. When they go 0-3 in the division after a loss to Miami? Please let us all know when it is appropriate to be pissed off that another year is wasted...

The Problem with Bills' fans is that they have no faith. There is no Faith that the team is getting worse. There is no faith the team is getting better. Every win means we're going to the Super Bowl and every Loss means we're going to get the first pick in the draft.

I'm not hear to tell you to have faith. I'm not hear to tell you to have patience. Missing the playoffs for 14 years is a long time. The team hasn't earned your faith or your patience.

I'm here to say, We have a rookie HC, Rookie OC, Rookie QB, and a Rookie LB calling the plays on Defense. The team is not going to the playoffs.

Lets take it easy and enjoy the highs of the season and not freak completely out on the lows of the season.

There will be lots of mistakes but that doesn't mean every draft pick was wasted. There will be lots of great plays that doesn't mean every draft pick will go to the Hall of Fame.

It is fair to say that any rookie will more often than not be better from their 2nd game to their 3rd game and their 3rd game to their 4th game. Lets give this 4 headed rookie monster atleast 8 games before we start proclaiming them to be saviors or satans maybe even a whole 16.

A Majority of these "EJ is Amazing" "EJ is Horrible" "Hackett is an idiot" "Kiko is a HOFer" "Kiko can't play LB" threads are downright insane. This board is tipping to complete waste of time because Bills fans are losing their minds.

Bills fans, lets all take a deep breath, get some composure, get some perspective, sit back with a few Labatt Blues and watch some football. Thats all. Just watch some football.

Take note of the plays that show potential. Take not of the plays that show areas of improvement. Lets discuss what the means but we don't have to take every positive to the extreme or every negative to the extreme. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Thanks Russ. Don't worry we're still buying your schiiitt......

Seriously- it's a hobby, entertainment. People overstate their positions in the chat board for a fun argument. Only a desperate few are contemplating suicide if the phins sweep this year.

personally I think its just frustrating because the rookie players are doing a decent job and the coaching staff has their heads up their asses. Yes thats the problem. Be patient all you want....we have all been patient for many many years. Hell, I didn't expect to make the play offs anyhow....but when I see the potential there the last 3 weeks being wasted I lose patience. The only change I want is for the no huddle to be shelved or tweaked. This team will scare many this year....but I think we can win a few games too and thats all I ask for.

There is no problem with Bills fans! They are a passionate, loyal group that supports their team through thick and thin (and it's been all the latter and none of the former for the last decade-plus). The problem is the Bills organization, plain and simple. The Bills are like Ebenezer Scrooge, the fans are poor old Bob Cratchit. Scrooge expects Bob to be there every game to fill his (the county's) stadium. When the team sucks, and Cratchit fails to fill it to capacity, Scrooge goes on WGR and pisses and moans about having to move "merchandise", i.e. sell tickets. He gives Bob Cratchit the guilt trip. You want that stadium filled to the brim Ebenezer? Put a quality product on the field- not a team lacking depth in spite of the fact that your 20 million under the cap.