This board is almost unreadable after a loss

eball

If Brown has another stinker of a game, Whaley should start having Guard auditions at 1 Bills Drive. You cannot have an effective offense if one of the O line is a human turnstile. The fans get worked up because they care. I would be worried if no one minded them losing.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

For us real fans, let's continue on with our discussion of firing Marrone and re-hiring Chan. Should we do it this week, or wait until the bye?

As good as Gailey was at getting a backup QB, and an offense to put up decent numbers every season. This supposed QB "guru" was an utter failure at finding and developing a young / rookie QB. Which was the most important thing the man could have done during his time in Buffalo.

Gailey also had a nobody backup QB put up decent offensive numbers in KC while going 2-12. This same nobody QB ended up on the Bills roster and then couldn't run Gailey's offense with the bills.

Then, Gailey was an absolute catastrophe at picking DC's and figuring out what defense to run. His defenses set both NFL, and franchise records for being bad.

HC Doug Marrone, OC Nate Hackett, and QB EJ Manuel are all rookies to the NFL. I'd say give them more then 3 games before lighting the torches and gathering up the pitchforks.

For us real fans, let's continue on with our discussion of firing Marrone and re-hiring Chan. Should we do it this week, or wait until the bye?

Clearly we need to do it now, so we have time to evaluate Chan's performance before the bye week and determine if a change should be made.

So it's generally "readable" for 6 weeks in the fall?

I'm looking at the Bills the way I kept score when I was learning how to golf. I know there's going to be a lot of bad, but I'm looking for the good. EJ is good. Woods and Stevie are good. Chandler is good. Alonzo, Lawson and safety A. Williams are good. The rest....a good mix of double bogeys and picking up the ball.

I only watched on replay the comeback from 20 - 6 to 20 - 20. I don't know what you guys are mad about . the Bills look great. Its all a matter of how you consume the product........

This board is almost unreadable after a loss

Funny statement.

Conincidentally the team is once again pretty unwatchable.

For those that think that it's going to change, good luck with that. It's pretty clear that the fans have been screwed once again.

Hackett blows and clearly is clueless at this level. Pettine's D is worse than last season's D, particularly the front-4 where our money is. Meanwhile, the team he just left has seen a defensive resurgence without adding anything significant.

Marrone of course is the one that hired both of them and he too already has seen his swagger posture transform into a head slumped forward and shoulders drooped posture. He's in over his head too and now learning on the fly.

Yeah, just what we wanted. Great job Russ.

Is there hope? I suppose we can say that there's always hope, but other than that, no, there isn't. These guys clearly don't know enough now to make them successful next season.

Not to restate what should be the obvious, but you know the forum, don't you? What are you expecting? What do you think it's going to be like in December when we're 3-10? It'll be the typical psycho ward in here. lol

Chan for head coach, Levy for GM, Jauron as OC, and Curtis Modkins as the DC.

Yeah, that's my approach as well. 24 hour rule. The first reaction people have is to overreact. But luckily, there are enough reasonable posters here to make the board worthwhile.

Bottomline, our team has had 2 games decided by a point and one by a td. We have our top 3 dbs out, a rookie coach and QB, our star rb struggling, a backup K, etc. What honestly did people expect? I'm a giant homer and never in a million years would I predict us to be 3-0.

I think that the truly reasonable posters and the more astute ones recognize that the staff is, once again, in over their heads. The NFL is not a place for people to come to learn how to do things, it's a place where experienced and competent people succeed. Clearly Marrone and certainly not Hackett fit that mold.

Reason does not make excuses, particularly excuses that most other teams have at their disposal too, and then say that things will be better once everything's perfect, nothing's ever perfect in the NFL.

I was really hoping for more from this caste of coaches. I didn't figure that it would be obvious so soon that we've been sold a bill of goods by Brandon once again, the marketer in chief, but we have been.

It's going to be interesting to see now how long it takes everyone to catch on as it will no doubt go in waves. That's where the real entertainment bang for the buck is, watching the posters.

Edited by TaskersGhost

The problem I see is that the posters are more and more flaming the other posters instead of taking their frustrations out on the players, the coaches and the FO. They are the ones that deserve the scorn. It has gotten worse this year than in years past. There are many threads where 1/4 of the posts are simply snarky remarks about fellow posters and all out flaming. People need to lighten up and not over identify with someone else. It is like posters pick their favorite player, coach or executive and if anyone is critical of them, the poster takes it as a personal attack on themselves. Attack the players, the coaches and the front office. They are the ones that TRULY deserve your scorn.

Truly picked the right name for yourself ;)

So what you're saying is that the board is basically unreadable once football season starts?

:w00t:

It is funny cause it's true.

I feel for you, that was the most frustrating loss i've ever watched on TV, would of been worse actually being there.

Wow, really you must still be in jr high or whatever they call it these days.

I feel for you, that was the most frustrating loss i've ever watched on TV, would of been worse actually being there.

The only way that could have been the most frustrating loss is if you expected great things early from this team.

And if you did expect great things with rookies/unprovens all over the place in the coaching staff as well as players on a team that has sucked worse than should even be possible in the NFL for the last 13 years then the person you should be frustrated with is yourself in my opinion, for your unrealistic expectations. This group of players and coaches may or may not amount to anything. But it is far to early to tell one way or the other.

Wow, really you must still be in jr high or whatever they call it these days.

Middle school, at least that's what they call it around here.

You know when this board is great?

When a bunch of losers come here to make posts defending management for making roster moves to save money at the expense of a better football team.

And when we all get lectured about how those at OBD are "experts" and none of us knows anything and we owe them the benefit of the doubt. LOL

As if they have any benefits of the doubt left. Those went out almost with the buggy whip for these clowns.

I think that the truly reasonable posters and the more astute ones recognize that the staff is, once again, in over their heads. The NFL is not a place for people to come to learn how to do things, it's a place where experienced and competent people succeed. Clearly Marrone and certainly not Hackett fit that mold.

Reason does not make excuses, particularly excuses that most other teams have at their disposal too, and then say that things will be better once everything's perfect, nothing's ever perfect in the NFL.

I was really hoping for more from this caste of coaches. I didn't figure that it would be obvious so soon that we've been sold a bill of goods by Brandon once again, the marketer in chief, but we have been.

It's going to be interesting to see now how long it takes everyone to catch on as it will no doubt go in waves. That's where the real entertainment bang for the buck is, watching the posters.

3 games in.... clearly.

You know when this board is great?

When a bunch of losers come here to make posts defending management for making roster moves to save money at the expense of a better football team.

I'm not a loser I just won a free qtr pounder and small fries playing monopoly.

Speak for yourself "Winner"

Yes - only smart people like you can really see the truth. The rest of the great unwashed will in time recognize your genius.