Bucs bench Josh Freeman

YoloinOhio

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting uglier by the day... Freeman issues statement tonight via leaked info on him being in phase 1 of league drug program:

http://profootballta...smear-campaign/

http://profootballta...eman-statement/

If you actually knew what phase 1 is you would know that it means next to nothing.

Freeman has not had any incidents that have placed him in jeopardy of suspension, such as a positive test for a banned street-drug substance, sources said. Thus, Freeman is in relatively good standing under the program, sources added.

Freeman's stage one status also would not necessarily mean he has tested positive for a banned substance even though he has been subject to random or reasonable-cause testing, as deemed necessary by the medical director who oversees the program. A player can be placed in stage one for a variety of reasons, including behavioral causes. The medical director determines the length of stage one status.

There are three stages to the substance abuse program that contain a variety of corrective measures, including random testing, treatment, fines and suspensions.

As for the temporary-use exemption of the prescription drug that has been approved for Freeman, sources would not provide the identity of that drug.

If you actually knew what phase 1 is you would know that it means next to nothing.

Freeman has not had any incidents that have placed him in jeopardy of suspension, such as a positive test for a banned street-drug substance, sources said. Thus, Freeman is in relatively good standing under the program, sources added.

Freeman's stage one status also would not necessarily mean he has tested positive for a banned substance even though he has been subject to random or reasonable-cause testing, as deemed necessary by the medical director who oversees the program. A player can be placed in stage one for a variety of reasons, including behavioral causes. The medical director determines the length of stage one status.

There are three stages to the substance abuse program that contain a variety of corrective measures, including random testing, treatment, fines and suspensions.

As for the temporary-use exemption of the prescription drug that has been approved for Freeman, sources would not provide the identity of that drug.

I know exactly what it means. Did you happen to read the links? I meant it is getting ugly because a team member leaked medical info. He is p**ed that he needs to explain why he is in Phase 1. Many people don't know what it means, and it will be a big deal when it shoudn't be because of everything else going around about him. He shouldn't need to issue a statement about it, but now he does. It is no one's business what prescription he is on. Just another example of how he and the team are trading blows. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

I know exactly what it means. Did you happen to read the links? I meant it is getting ugly because a team member leaked medical info. He is p**ed that he needs to explain why he is in Phase 1. Many people don't know what it means, and it will be a big deal when it shoudn't be because of everything else going around about him. He shouldn't need to issue a statement about it, but now he does. It is no one's business what prescription he is on. Just another example of how he and the team are trading blows.

Anyone who matters knows what phase 1 and if teams are exploring a possible trade they would find out anyway. He can just no comment the media, it is none of their business. Tampa should explore trades this week and then cut him if none are found. The HC there is going to get fired sooner rather than later and Freeman doesn't have to play his games.

Getting uglier by the day... Freeman issues statement tonight via leaked info on him being in phase 1 of league drug program:

http://profootballta...smear-campaign/

http://profootballta...eman-statement/

Wait- Adderall (mixture of 2 amphetamines) is OK with the NFL, but Ritalin (methylphenidate) isn't?

And how does one "accidentally" take a dose of a prescription medication as a "one time mistake"?

Goodness, Mr. Freeman, now I'm soooo confused.

Freeman has a certain amount of sympathy around the league as it's clear the HC is the center of the problem, but he needs to be coached by his agent and well-wishers to take the high road here. I get it he's upset if someone is smearing him as a substance-abuser, but "I remain dedicated and focused to being the best quarterback I can be and to help a team win a championship" while he's still a member of the Bucs will be noticed and marked down as "not team player".

I don't think Tampa is too interested in cutting Freeman. They want something for him. This might be his way of pushing Tampa to cut him & get out of Tampa sooner

Sounds like he will be gone this week if they can get anything for him. After this last debacle, I don't know how he and the team/Schiano can coexist.

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 15m

The Bucs have been actively shopping Josh Freeman, and could try to unload him before they start preparing for the Eagles next week.

Collapse

Wait- Adderall (mixture of 2 amphetamines) is OK with the NFL, but Ritalin (methylphenidate) isn't?

And how does one "accidentally" take a dose of a prescription medication as a "one time mistake"?

Goodness, Mr. Freeman, now I'm soooo confused.

Freeman has a certain amount of sympathy around the league as it's clear the HC is the center of the problem, but he needs to be coached by his agent and well-wishers to take the high road here. I get it he's upset if someone is smearing him as a substance-abuser, but "I remain dedicated and focused to being the best quarterback I can be and to help a team win a championship" while he's still a member of the Bucs will be noticed and marked down as "not team player".

I don't think Tampa is too interested in cutting Freeman. They want something for him. This might be his way of pushing Tampa to cut him & get out of Tampa sooner

Sorry, completely disagree. The Bucs are a joke and complete liars right now. They are covering up a MRSA outbreak. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23419173/lawrence-tynes-to-file-grievance-against-bucs-over-nfi-designation

They leaked confidential information, which is completely unethical and a serious breach. Why do you think you never heard of Von Miller getting in trouble for a failed test before this offseason? The Bucs lied about why Freeman was in a suite.

You can never can be sure but I think Freeman is much more likely to be telling the truth. Schiano is a wanna be hard @ss and he is a complete failure. But good job Bucs on ruining a 25 year old QB who has a lot of your team passing record for a .500 Rutgers coach.

Sorry, completely disagree. The Bucs are a joke and complete liars right now. They are covering up a MRSA outbreak. http://www.cbssports...nfi-designation

They leaked confidential information, which is completely unethical and a serious breach. Why do you think you never heard of Von Miller getting in trouble for a failed test before this offseason? The Bucs lied about why Freeman was in a suite.

You can never can be sure but I think Freeman is much more likely to be telling the truth. Schiano is a wanna be hard @ss and he is a complete failure. But good job Bucs on ruining a 25 year old QB who has a lot of your team passing record for a .500 Rutgers coach.

I think both sides are at fault - but the Bucs are the ones who have lied and been more shady. It is like there is something every day. Freeman is probably not completely "innocent" so to speak - he likely showed a poor attitude, we know he overslpt fopr the team photo, just stupid stuff like that. He didn't help himself. But it just seems like Tampa has screwed up a lot of things and like you mention, the MRSA thing is another issue that they are dealing with that does not involve Freeman. Bad PR for Tampa.

Sounds like he will be gone this week if they can get anything for him. After this last debacle, I don't know how he and the team/Schiano can coexist.

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 15m

The Bucs have been actively shopping Josh Freeman, and could try to unload him before they start preparing for the Eagles next week.

Collapse

They may have to eat some (most) of his salary to move him. It may actually be a wise investment for the Bucs to do that. My guess is Schiano doesn't last the season though. Much like Josh McDaniels, he is in way over his head.

I think both sides are at fault - but the Bucs are the ones who have lied and been more shady. It is like there is something every day. Freeman is probably not completely "innocent" so to speak - he likely showed a poor attitude, we know he overslpt fopr the team photo, just stupid stuff like that. He didn't help himself. But it just seems like Tampa has screwed up a lot of things and like you mention, the MRSA thing is another issue that they are dealing with that does not involve Freeman. Bad PR for Tampa.

Eh, agree to disagree. IMO, Freeman's biggest offense is missing a team photo. Not great but in the grand scheme of things, is that really even that bad? The Bucs are looking like a shady, petty franchise.

IMO, some team is going to get Freeman for nothing and it could be a great move. I would like the Bills to go after him but I get why they won't. But tell me he won't be an upgrade to the Jags or Vikes.

Eh, agree to disagree. IMO, Freeman's biggest offense is missing a team photo. Not great but in the grand scheme of things, is that really even that bad? The Bucs are looking like a shady, petty franchise.

IMO, some team is going to get Freeman for nothing and it could be a great move. I would like the Bills to go after him but I get why they won't. But tell me he won't be an upgrade to the Jags or Vikes.

He'd be an upgrade on a lot of teams, I agree. Jags, Vikes, Dolphins, Raiders, Rams, Browns ... that's just off the top of my head. I hope he stays in the NFC.

I definitely can see the Vikings... Jags maybe, but I think they wait and take a QB #1 in the draft and rebuild. The Vikes could do that too, but they took Ponder #1 not long ago and not sure they will pull the trigger on another just yet. JMO.