Outside Fans Observations:

PatsFanNH

1. Manuel -- I think he will e a good QB, I don't know if he will be elite, but def good. He has shown smarts so far by not throwing the dumb picks. Also led the team to 1 come from behind victory and to tie the game late in the 4th qrtr. pretty impressive for a rookie have that poise to do it.

2. Hurry Up Offense -- Works great, but coaches need learn when to stop and use the clock to their advantage. IMO that cost you the chance be 2-1 right now.

3. Defense -- Has played well,and with the injuries you have I don't think you could expect much more right now.

4. Offense in General -- I think your WR look better each week, while your RB seem to be less scary than they were last year.

Overall I think as Bills fans you should be very optimistic, you are very close to turning the corner and being contenders again.

1. Manuel -- I think he will e a good QB, I don't know if he will be elite, but def good. He has shown smarts so far by not throwing the dumb picks. Also led the team to 1 come from behind victory and to tie the game late in the 4th qrtr. pretty impressive for a rookie have that poise to do it.

2. Hurry Up Offense -- Works great, but coaches need learn when to stop and use the clock to their advantage. IMO that cost you the chance be 2-1 right now.

3. Defense -- Has played well,and with the injuries you have I don't think you could expect much more right now.

4. Offense in General -- I think your WR look better each week, while your RB seem to be less scary than they were last year.

Overall I think as Bills fans you should be very optimistic, you are very close to turning the corner and being contenders again.

Kind of sad that one of the most rational posts comes from a Pats fan on a Bills board. But very good post.

1) Manuel was very frustrating Sunday. But he didn't threw any INTs despite a ton of pressure. You can win a lot of games with a QB with a 4 td to 1 INT ratio. I just hope he isn't too cautious and doesn't try to make plays because he is afraid of turning it over.

2) I like the idea of the hurry up but I hate stubborn coaches. IMO, you should switch the tempo based on how the game is progressing. Come out in a normal pace offense for a few drives. Then, switch it up and go no huddle. Keep teams guessing.

3) This is a damned if you do, damned if you don't. The secondary injuries kill us. So can't let these 4th and 5th stringers try and cover top wrs because they aren't good enough. So you have to blitz to get pressure to force throws but you leave bad corners one on one. The D did all they could.

4) Spiller is still plenty scary but our running game seems very predictable. And the hope is with more time (EJ missed the last 2 weeks of camp), the QB and Wrs will get more on the same page. Chemistry isn't made over night.

Thanks for the outside perspective. Bills fans are downtrodden and always think the sky is falling because in most cases, it does. We can only hope this coaching staff/FO/QB is the one that turns that around!

Thanks for the kind words. The perspective from "insiders" is always overly pessimistic, and it's nice to hear something encouraging from a fan of another team.

id say just generally over the top depending on the last game. this is a young team with a lot of potential in the future. this year shouldve been expected to come with highs and lows. ill stand by my 6 wins, but a lot of promise for the future prediction. when you make a huge number of changes and rely on a lot of young guys, some will work, some wont. that we have a qb that shows promise, and a really good rookie MLB, a couple of young corners that did look good, a dynamic back (who is, granted, struggling a bit) puts the trajectory in the right direction for me until proven otherwise.

Kind of sad that one of the most rational posts comes from a Pats fan on a Bills board. But very good post.

1) Manuel was very frustrating Sunday. But he didn't threw any INTs despite a ton of pressure. You can win a lot of games with a QB with a 4 td to 1 INT ratio. I just hope he isn't too cautious and doesn't try to make plays because he is afraid of turning it over.

2) I like the idea of the hurry up but I hate stubborn coaches. IMO, you should switch the tempo based on how the game is progressing. Come out in a normal pace offense for a few drives. Then, switch it up and go no huddle. Keep teams guessing.

3) This is a damned if you do, damned if you don't. The secondary injuries kill us. So can't let these 4th and 5th stringers try and cover top wrs because they aren't good enough. So you have to blitz to get pressure to force throws but you leave bad corners one on one. The D did all they could.

4) Spiller is still plenty scary but our running game seems very predictable. And the hope is with more time (EJ missed the last 2 weeks of camp), the QB and Wrs will get more on the same page. Chemistry isn't made over night.

The problem with #3 is the Bills got close to zero pressure on Smith blitzing or not. So mixing it up with dropping more defenders into zone to confuse the rookie QB might have been called for here. I think the Alonzo pick was a zone call on that play.

The defense gave up over 500 yards in total offense. If people want to characterize that as a 'good' effort well okay but that's not going to win many games in the NFL. Not that the offense did anything either. Of that 182 rushing yards so using the secondary as an excuse for that weak effort doesn't hold water since it wasn't like Pettine committed extra defenders to coverage at the expense of the run defense. To me it looked like a lot of over-pursuit and guys out of position. Things that should get corrected as the scheme becomes more familiar..

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

The problem with #3 is the Bills got close to zero pressure on Smith blitzing or not. So mixing it up with dropping more defenders into zone to confuse the rookie QB might have been called for here. I think the Alonzo pick was a zone call on that play.

The defense gave up over 500 yards in total offense. If people want to characterize that as a 'good' effort well okay but that's not going to win many games in the NFL. Not that the offense did anything either. Of that 182 rushing yards so using the secondary as an excuse for that weak effort doesn't hold water since it wasn't like Pettine committed extra defenders to coverage at the expense of the run defense. To me it looked like a lot of over-pursuit and guys out of position. Things that should get corrected as the scheme becomes more familiar..

A large chunk of those yards were against Rogers.

A large chunk of those yards were against Rogers.

over 200 and 2 TDs and a huge PI call to be more clear in that.

Not that corners don't give up yards. It's gonna happen. Offenses will score in us. Offenses will get yards.

But it seems that besides the run game, over 50% of their yards came against a 4th string DB trying to cover (for the most part) Santonio Holmes.

over 200 and 2 TDs and a huge PI call to be more clear in that.

Not that corners don't give up yards. It's gonna happen. Offenses will score in us. Offenses will get yards.

But it seems that besides the run game, over 50% of their yards came against a 4th string DB trying to cover (for the most part) Santonio Holmes.

Thanks for providing the exact #s, knew the TDs but not the yards and forgot about the PI which prob saved another TD. The defense actually shut them down for the most part in the 2nd half esp on 3rd down. It was just the killer to Holmes. Makes me sick.

While he was terrible.. the run D is on the front 7 and it is looking a lot like last year in that regard.

Don't get me started. Look at the damn play-by-play, particularly in the 2nd half, and tell me how the run D hurt the Bills.