no-one signed on monday

zazie

I assume they mean to coach these guys up during the week and have them be good by next Sunday?

otherwise, why did we sign no-one yesterday for these positions? seeing as we have no-one currently manning the spots. I mean we do... but we don't really.

I really hope they get someone else and do it now so they have a few days to practice and learn the terminology.

Brown and Rogers are just too awful to contemplate seeing more of.

We signed no one? Or nobody was signed?

We need help at CB But how much can we Invest at cb. If we go sign some street FA for $1.5mm whose tires are bald and tank is empty is that really the way we need to build our team?

Maybe we can convert Air Bud from a Golden receiver to a CB.

what about getting that girl from little giants?

Becky "The Icebox" O'Shey

She's a LB. We already have Kiko. Though with Bradham's playing time we could probably use the depth. I think they ran the 4-3 also so she would need some time to get "fit up" in the 3-4

Edited by The Wiz

They signed Ross to replace Carrington and I think we'll see Brandon Smith make his debut off the practice squad.

I know many don't like his philosophy, but I can appreciate where Marrone is coming from when he says he wants CBs that have been practicing the system and are familiar with it vs. just signing a guy off the street with no familiarity.

GO BILLS!!!

They signed Ross to replace Carrington and I think we'll see Brandon Smith make his debut off the practice squad.

I know many don't like his philosophy, but I can appreciate where Marrone is coming from when he says he wants CBs that have been practicing the system and are familiar with it vs. just signing a guy off the street with no familiarity.

GO BILLS!!!

Its not a bad philosophy for an established team, but it might be giving us a few speedbumps. We aren't good enough to just plug in a player we have been developing and expect little drop off.

Its not a bad philosophy for an established team, but it might be giving us a few speedbumps. We aren't good enough to just plug in a player we have been developing and expect little drop off.

I hear you, but we aren't good enough, regardless. No matter how you slice it, we are gonna experience a drop between Gilmore/McKelvin/Brooks vs. Rogers/Robey/and whomever. I'm not convinced that Trufant or Florence or any other vet CB is gonna make that much of a difference given the rest of that secondary.

GO BILLS!!!

We resigned jay Ross to replace Carrington. All the others are hopefull to return Sunday with mckevin being the only questionmark

McKelvin is a question mark that we can't have. We should get Clements or Trufant in here just in case, Justin Rodgers will get us destroyed.

a one-legged Trufant would have fared better that Rogers last weekend

very true.

McKelvin is a question mark that we can't have. We should get Clements or Trufant in here just in case, Justin Rodgers will get us destroyed.

very true.

Agreed. I'm willing to give everyone the benefit of the doubt for now, but I think there has to be contingency plans in place for some of these scrubs, particularly Rogers and Brown. If they continue to see action (for whatever reason, injury, whatever) and continue to be major reasons for games to be lost / progress not made, that is just unacceptable to me. Edited by Rico