All time worst single game performances by a single player

Big Turk

I think Justin Rogers might have just had the all time worst game by a single player I have ever seen.

He allowed 5 completions for 229 yards, 2 TDs, a few 3rd and forever conversions, and had a long PI call to boot.

No justification for him to be on the roster with players like Trufant, Sheldon Brown and Nate Clements available. They might not be what they once were but they are still ten times better than Rogers. Hell even McGee if healthy is an upgrade there.

not even close ....Todd collins,trent edwards,etc etc all have had worse games.

This team would rather be 20MM or 30MM under cap space than have acquired quality veterans at OLine, Db, TE and QB. We are paying for it now. TJ or Fitz at QB and we are 3-0. EJ won't be ready until year 3 no matter if he plays every down this year and next or not. He is two more long losing years away.

Still bitter about the Dave Meggett 3rd & 18 conversion, aren't you?

I truly do not understand the love for Talley. He was awful in the most important game of his career. He was not even a top ten player on that team - Kelly, Thomas, Reed, Lofton, Wolford, Smith, Bennett, Ritcher, and Hull were all better - Tasker, Norwood, Odomes were probably better too. Bryce Paup made it to more Pro-Bowls, has twice as many career sacks, and was a league MVP.

Yeah I'm still bitter

One day I will get over it when they win it all

I think Justin Rogers might have just had the all time worst game by a single player I have ever seen.

He allowed 5 completions for 229 yards, 2 TDs, a few 3rd and forever conversions, and had a long PI call to boot.

No justification for him to be on the roster with players like Trufant, Sheldon Brown and Nate Clements available. They might not be what they once were but they are still ten times better than Rogers. Hell even McGee if healthy is an upgrade there.

Is this the most hyperbolic post of all time? (see what I did there?) Look, he was on Holmes like glue on the 4th quarter TD and just didn't turn around in time. He also made a sweet play to singlehandedly (literally and figuratively) break up a potential TD in the endzone earlier in the game. Do you really think in the 44 year history of the NFL (since the merger) that no player at any position has ever had a worse game than Rogers did on Sunday? Like there wasn't a backup guard on the 1983 Atlanta Falcons that had a really bad game once that you may have missed? My question to you would be, have you really watched that little football that you've never seen a backup CB in a depleted secondary get picked on?

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I don't even think Rogers was the worst player in this game, much less worst all time. Sure the stats look bad and shocking, but he was playing the toughest role on the field. He was obviously going to be focused on and all passes were going to be coming at him. Personally, I was expecting a much worse result after McKelvin went down. Rogers wasn't too far off from Holmes on the TD. Anything less than a perfect throw and he would have broken it up. Now, the QB and WR play for the Bills, on the other hand, should have been better. That was the worst Bills passing game I've seen since Trent @ Cleveland 10-11-09.

I don't even think Rogers was the worst player in this game, much less worst all time. Sure the stats look bad and shocking, but he was playing the toughest role on the field. He was obviously going to be focused on and all passes were going to be coming at him. Personally, I was expecting a much worse result after McKelvin went down. Rogers wasn't too far off from Holmes on the TD. Anything less than a perfect throw and he would have broken it up. Now, the QB and WR play for the Bills, on the other hand, should have been better. That was the worst Bills passing game I've seen since Trent @ Cleveland 10-11-09.

Nah, Fitz had several worse days...Manuel ended up with 243 yards passing, there were games Fitz didn't hit 150

Is this the most hyperbolic post of all time? (see what I did there?) Look, he was on Holmes like glue on the 4th quarter TD and just didn't turn around in time. He also made a sweet play to singlehandedly (literally and figuratively) break up a potential TD in the endzone earlier in the game. Do you really think in the 44 year history of the NFL (since the merger) that no player at any position has ever had a worse game than Rogers did on Sunday? Like there wasn't a backup guard on the 1983 Atlanta Falcons that had a really bad game once that you may have missed? My question to you would be, have you really watched that little football that you've never seen a backup CB in a depleted secondary get picked on?

I don't believe I have ever seen one player responsible for almost half of the other teams total offense(6 passes for 247 yards according to PFF) when they had more than 500 yards.

I mean Rogers gave up more than several teams did in entire games last week.

Stop saying its cause he's a 4th string CB. Even 4th string CBs don't get beat that badly...not by THOSE receivers...its not like he was up against Calvin Johnson or Andre Johnson...

You must have missed some games over the past 3 seasons if you think EJ was that bad. He was bad ... but Fitz had worse games. Far worse.

You must have missed some games over the past 3 seasons if you think EJ was that bad. He was bad ... but Fitz had worse games. Far worse.

In my opinion, Fitz never had a passing game this bad because he never had a situation like this with so many chances to win. Remember that the Jets had 20 penalties (NFL record for a winning team?) and the D kept them in it till the end. I'm aware that Fitz had some multi-INT games where he was chasing a runaway score, but nothing like this. It wasn't as bad as Trent, but worst since no doubt. I'm not just blaming EJ. The awful O-line, offensive scheme and all the inept sideline routes by the WRs were a big part.

In my opinion, Fitz never had a passing game this bad because he never had a situation like this with so many chances to win. Remember that the Jets had 20 penalties (NFL record for a winning team?) and the D kept them in it till the end. I'm aware that Fitz had some multi-INT games where he was chasing a runaway score, but nothing like this. It wasn't as bad as Trent, but worst since no doubt. I'm not just blaming EJ. The awful O-line, offensive scheme and all the inept sideline routes by the WRs were a big part.

Part of the reason is cause those Fitz miscues put them deep in the hole to begin with...coupled with a D that couldn't stop anyone

Is it Justin Rogers fault he's not good enough or is it the management and coaching staff who put him on the team?

This is a problem with the talent level on the team. It is not an individual problem. The general manager is responsible for acquiring the talent. Clearly, everyone in the league knows that the Bills defense is weak and especially the defensive backfield. The general manager has put the team in this position by not getting NFL quality talent. Even with Gilmore the whole unit is weak. McKelvin is not top quality either.

The Bills need to draft or acquire another starting quality cornerback. I don't blame Rogers for being inadequate, I blame the decision makers who put him in a position to fail when clearly he is not good enough.

The front office is the goat here!

I totally get your frustration with the game. But I respectfully disagree with your assessment.

Just sitting here giving it 10 seconds of thought, I can cite the Tennessee game where all we needed was to get into field goal range. How'd that one end? There are many others.

Also, the O-line wasn't as horrible as many think, in my opinion. If you're going to bash EJ, bash him for holding onto the ball for too long. I'd say more than half of his sacks came after the O-line did their jobs (protecting EJ) for an acceptable amount of time.

Still ... EJ's miscues and his bad game were still not worse than every single Fitz performance.

These are my thoughts too, plus on the first touchdown I thought he was interfered with just enough to mess up his closing stride. Again, as was pointed out numerous times, he is the 4th CB, he was in a tough position.

Clements is available?? That would be huge improvement over Rodgers.

I totally get your frustration with the game. But I respectfully disagree with your assessment.

Just sitting here giving it 10 seconds of thought, I can cite the Tennessee game where all we needed was to get into field goal range. How'd that one end? There are many others.

Also, the O-line wasn't as horrible as many think, in my opinion. If you're going to bash EJ, bash him for holding onto the ball for too long. I'd say more than half of his sacks came after the O-line did their jobs (protecting EJ) for an acceptable amount of time.

Still ... EJ's miscues and his bad game were still not worse than every single Fitz performance.

Maybe that was just as bad, but this game was notable because they had so many extra chances to make plays with all the penalties and so many resulted in sacks and out-of-bounds throws. The completion % to WRs (32.1%, 9 of 28) was Tebow-like. They just couldn't connect. And 8 sacks? That number I reckon hasn't been seen since Rob Johnson.

Edited by mountainwampus

Maybe that was just as bad, but this game was notable because they had so many extra chances to make plays with all the penalties and so many resulted in sacks and out-of-bounds throws. The completion % to WRs (32.1%, 9 of 28) was Tebow-like. They just couldn't connect. And 8 sacks? That number I reckon hasn't been seen since Rob Johnson.

He's a rookie. He's played well in 2/3 games. I can't say I'm disappointed. But again ... I totally understand where you're coming from.