All time worst single game performances by a single player

Big Turk

I think Justin Rogers might have just had the all time worst game by a single player I have ever seen.

He allowed 5 completions for 229 yards, 2 TDs, a few 3rd and forever conversions, and had a long PI call to boot.

No justification for him to be on the roster with players like Trufant, Sheldon Brown and Nate Clements available. They might not be what they once were but they are still ten times better than Rogers. Hell even McGee if healthy is an upgrade there.

I don't understand why Mcgee is even being considered on the board. The coaching staff, nor GM has any connection to mcgee and he hasnt played in two years.

In Rogers defense, he is what our 4th corner? Better suited for the slot too. He was in a bad spot all day but I can't hate on Rogers. I couldnt understand why a safety wasn't over top of him all day

I don't understand why Mcgee is even being considered on the board. The coaching staff, nor GM has any connection to mcgee and he hasnt played in two years.

In Rogers defense, he is what our 4th corner? Better suited for the slot too. He was in a bad spot all day but I can't hate on Rogers. I couldnt understand why a safety wasn't over top of him all day

Cause McGee>>>>Rogers?

Can he walk? We havent even seen Mcgee in two seasons and then he was about broken.

Dunno but he was getting a workout with the Dolphins today, and they have a hell of a lot better DBs on the field right now than we do...

yea, many dont seem to get that we should be looking at jets castoffs from the last few years not ours if we want vets familiar with the scheme.

I think Justin Rogers might have just had the all time worst game by a single player I have ever seen.

He allowed 5 completions for 229 yards, 2 TDs, a few 3rd and forever conversions, and had a long PI call to boot.

No justification for him to be on the roster with players like Trufant, Sheldon Brown and Nate Clements available. They might not be what they once were but they are still ten times better than Rogers. Hell even McGee if healthy is an upgrade there.

Yeah, Rogers is no starting caliber corner and was terrible yesterday. He wouldn't even look back for the ball. But seriously, it should be painfully obvious after that game that the Bills have way bigger problems than how good their 5th CB is. A whole lot of starters at other positions got their @$$ handed to them. That is a a more significant worry going forward.

im just getting at the "sign mcgee" "shouldve signed florence" crowd.... theres no real perk to them vs just getting the best available CB - its not like they know the scheme

We are just throwing familiar names out there. I admit the best option is probably someone we have never heard of, but acting like there isn't a better CB on this planet looking for a job is stupid. And thats what the Bills seem to be doing.

another justin Rogers thread? Give me a break. he's a fourth string cornerback, and you want him to play like a starter? unreal.

Forget playing like a starter, I'd settle for him just playing like a 4th string CB that looks like he's played in this league a few seasons. It looked like he never laced up a pair of cleats.

GO BILLS!!!

Forget playing like a starter, I'd settle for him just playing like a 4th string CB that looks like he's played in this league a few seasons. It looked like he never laced up a pair of cleats.

GO BILLS!!!

Hey I can understand getting beat like in the Panther game once for a long TD...but to get beat that badly over and over is not NFL caliber play. It's not CFL caliber play. It might not even be AFL caliber play...especially against THAT group of WRs

Edited by matter2003

GO BILLS!!!

I'd be stunned if there is another 4th string CB in the league that is materially better than Rogers.

Also, maybe it's just me, but if I have my 4th string CB out there who has already been burned for a long TD, I am probably not leaving him alone in single coverage against a Super Bowl MVP when the game is on the line. Again, that might just be me.