[closed]M.Williams, Dareus, McKelvin, Carrington

Braedenstearns

Interesting article.

Bottom line about opposing D? New coach, new QB, new OC, new WRs and after all of that... same opposition defensive strategy. Stack the box, clog up underneath, man up and dare the QB to throw it.

Yep. Because we still haven't produced a quarterback who's proven he can hit a receiver in stride down the sideline. I mean...PLAYCALLING SUCKED DONKEY BALLZZZZ!!!!@

Yep, they will definitely try to make EJ beat them with his arm. He freely admitted in his presser today that he didn't give his receivers a chance throwing ball OOB and while they were blitzing a lot it was up to him to make the play downfield with 1:1 coverage and he didn't.

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Yep. Because we still haven't produced a quarterback who's proven he can hit a receiver in stride down the sideline. I mean...PLAYCALLING SUCKED DONKEY BALLZZZZ!!!!@

Agreed on both counts. I'd add the third dimension is im not sure Drew effing Brees or Arodgers could do anything deep with this WR Corp. Stevie gets his separation in close, Woods might have deep ball tracking in him but I've yet to see it. Graham is starting to seem like a waste of space, Hogan don't know.... Easley might be the only one I have seen run under and catch deep passes succesdfully albeit in preseason....

Oops one caveat. EJ hasnt proven he can accurately hit a guy in stride down the sideline in the NFL. In college he did it VERY well later in his career. Seemed like many went to Rodney smith a 6'5" guy that ran a low 4.4... (Vikes player now)

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I'm willing to bet Easley could at least give Manuel a target to throw to with confidence knowing that either he'd win the 50/50 jump ball or bat it away thus preventing an interception. The deep ball in the NFL is as much size & vertical leap, as it is WR beating the CB & S and out running the coverage. When was the last time you saw a completed back shoulder throw? It's troubling that Graham had no clue how to make that catch yesterday.

Edited by BigCountryBills

I'm willing to bet Easley could at least give Manuel a target to throw to with confidence knowing that either he'd win the 50/50 jump ball or bat it away thus preventing an interception. The deep ball in the NFL is as much size & vertical leap, as it is WR beating the CB & S and out running the coverage. When was the last time you saw a completed back shoulder throw? It's troubling that Graham had no clue how to make that catch yesterday.

I notice vs panthers he just looks lost out there. There is nothing deep threat about him.

We need our version of Belitnikoff, Fitzgerald, et.al... Someone who will shoot a DB's grandmother in order to end up with the ball. Graham needs the ball to be perfect, Woods did not come back when EJ was forced out once, but I believe he will not make that mistake again.

Easley fights for the ball but I'm sure there's a reason he's not on the field yet.

We need a real a-hole at WR. We don't have that yet.

Perhaps execution or lack of it is what sucked.

We had to expect weeks like this with such a young roster. Let's see how they bounce back next week.

I'm hoping McKelvin will be able to come back quick. Any news on him? I never would have thought we would be so desperate to get McKelvin on the field. He has been playing well though. With him and Gilmore we might be pretty decent at CB if we can get healthy

Perhaps execution or lack of it is what sucked.

We had to expect weeks like this with such a young roster. Let's see how they bounce back next week.

EJ was not throwing accurately yesterday, but it is not like the WRs were getting open even with 1:1 coverage.

I think the sarcasm in the latter part of my post was lost...