Hacketts scheme is a major issue!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hackett seems to lack confidence in his receivers beating man coverage. He also seemed to lack confidence in the O-line protecting E.J. This could be due to the fact Buffalo has no left guard. Those who feel anyone can play guard; that you do not need to spend a high pick on a guard, need to think about Colin Brown.

Additionally, E.J thows the worst deep pass I have ever seen and his mid level passes lack zip. Smith looked like the better QB today.

If he didn't have confidence in the receivers beating man coverage and the oline protecting EJ thAn why in the hell did he call so many deep passes.

Oh boy. Another OC to blame. Have you ever noticed that all of these crappy Bills OCs have one thing in common...inferior offensive talent. Maybe we should actually have an average draft. Not a great one...that would be too much. An AVERAGE draft.

Every week my respect for Gailey grows tenfold. I want him on the next plane up as a consultant.

No designing a scheme utilizing Spiller in space.

No bubble screens to speed receivers. No HB screens to Jackson or Spiller.

No use of rollouts and taking advantage of a mobile quarterback. No misdirection

No use of clock management before half-time.

What do you guys think?

Hackett is in way over his head.

Hi Mr Chan Gailey thanks for your imput lol

Seriously tho, the screen would have worked well today , your right about that.

Plus Spiller got his feeling hurt...err hurt his knee so we was without him for the second half.

We got to get Woods the ball more as well.

If he didn't have confidence in the receivers beating man coverage and the oline protecting EJ thAn why in the hell did he call so many deep passes.

1. Short routes were covered.

2. Hackett tried to get DB to back off short throws which seem to be E.J. strength. Problem is E.J. throws ducks or out of bounds when he throws long. This could be a major problem with him. Does anyone have stats on E.J.'s completion % with throws over 25 yards?

No use of rollouts and taking advantage of a mobile quarterback. No misdirection

What do you guys think?

I agree, Hackett is going through some growing pains. For all Gailey's weaknesses and stubborness, he designed fantastic plays that worked very effectively at getting guys open

Time and again Gannon showed how the Bills receivers were covered up with nowehre to throw the ball, even when EJ had some time.

Ryan is just a great DC and the Jets are one of the few teams that can bring presure but still give you nowhere to throw the ball as the same time.

What do you guys think?

So far, our running schemes have been horrible. The "stretch plays" we ran today were some of the worst play calls I have seen against a defense that you should not call those against. These are the plays where they hand the ball off and the back runs horizontal behind the line of scrimmage across the center hoping to find space. Hello Hacket! The Jets have a stout front seven and were getting penetration all day. This "strecth play" was playing right into their hands. Horrible! Our run scheme in game 1 was just inexcusable. Shotgun, hand it to the back next to EJ, run it up the middle everytime, haha. No playaction. Nothing. Needs a total makeover. Hacket doesn't know what he is doing.

And you are right, no misdirection. Playcalling was so predictable.

Also, play design was subpar. On a lot of the replays they showed on critical downs, EJ really didn't have anybody open to throw to. I blame this on play call and design.

In regards to clock management, I think we are going to see a lot of issues with this regime. I hate to say it, but I think it could be the downfall of this regime if they don't change. Clock management is so huge in terms of winning games. I hope I am wrong and have seen too little of them to make an accurate judgment on this regime but their judgments in this department seem inept and incompetent thus far; especially in the first game and even in the second game, which, of course they got a pass for because they won.

EJ looks like he is in over his head TBH. Hackett wasn't the guy throwing out of bounds.

In regards to EJ being in over his head, he did look like it at times. I'm pretty sure he panicked on that last throw to Woods on 4th down with a couple minutes. The commentator was right. You have to give your guy a chance at least. I didn't even like the route for the play though. A "go route" on a critical 4th down is not a high percentage route. Stupid play call. Woods had one on one. Let him beat the guy on a slant or something.

All of this being said I think the Jets D is very good.

Edited by The Voice of Truth

I can't watch another duck float out of bounds 5 yard away from a receiver..

The only time it was a good throw, Graham didn't turn around and make a play on the ball because he is a terrible NFL receiver.

-EJ played like a rookie

-His OC didn't do him any favors

-O-line couldn't pass protect

-Run game needs some work

-Injury depleted secondary played how you would think an injury depleted secondary would play

So far, our running schemes have been horrible. The "stretch plays" we ran today were some of the worst play calls I have seen against a defense that you should not call those against. These are the plays where they hand the ball off and the back runs horizontal behind the line of scrimmage across the center hoping to find space. Hello Hacket! The Jets have a stout front seven and were getting penetration all day. This "strecth play" was playing right into their hands. Horrible! Our run scheme in game 1 was just inexcusable. Shotgun, hand it to the back next to EJ, run it up the middle everytime, haha. No playaction. Nothing. Needs a total makeover. Hacket doesn't know what he is doing.

Also, play design was subpar. On a lot of the replays they showed on critical downs, EJ really didn't have anybody open to throw to. I blame this on play call and design.

In regards to clock management, I think we are going to see a lot of issues with this regime. I hate to say it, but I think it could be the downfall of this regime if they don't change. Clock management is so huge in terms of winning games. I hope I am wrong and have seen too little of them to make an accurate judgment on this regime but their judgments in this department seem inept and incompetent thus far; especially in the first game and even in the second game, which, of course they got a pass for because they won.

In regards to EJ being in over his head, he did look like it at times. I'm pretty sure he panicked on that last throw to Woods on 4th down with a couple minutes. The commentator was right. You have to give your guy a chance at least. I didn't even like the route for the play though. A "go route" on a critical 4th down is not a high percentage route. Stupid play call. Woods had one on one. Let him beat the guy on a slant or something.

Hmmm. Hard to disagree with anything here.

Hackett looks like a college OC in way ver his head in the pros.

He keeps calling the same three running plays even when they are not working.

He called 10 straight first down runs to open the game and the run wasn't working!

He didn't give Manuel a chance in the first half, consistently putting the Bills in third and long.

Right now he is just not a good offensive coordinator.

And EJ seriously regressed today. His deep ball accuracy is a major concern. He cannot even keep the ball inbounds.

Just think, if the Bills didn't have so many injuries on D they might have won that game...despite the poor play by the offense. Not making excuses for this new OC because the offense did stink with him setting the game plan and calling plays.

Gailey knew how to user Spiller..

"Play him till he pukes" Hackett was quoted as saying.

Chan was onto something..

Hackett is playing him until the fans puke..

All the Bills OC needs to do is simply run the 4 wide, single back shotgun spread like Gailey ran the last 3 years. With a better receiver corps in Woods, Goodwin they should be able to run and pass better.

Edited by FeartheLosing