he won Homecoming Queen

boyst

http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-0922-transgender-homecoming-20130922,0,4645022.story

This is an amazing story. Upsetting, confusing, exciting, inspiring and more.

(If this is deemed more PPP, please move it. I imagine it could find its way there but I am not introducing any politics in to this...others may, but it is nearly a perfect lightning rod)

I wonder if they chose him (and yes to me he's a him) because they wanted to be hip, current and diverse? Not sure what criteria they used to pick the homecoming queen. Oh and I'm sorry but girls don't order this for breakfast.

"It was all very amazing," she said. She celebrated afterward by going to a Norm's diner with about 15 friends and ordering the Lumberjack breakfast: pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausages and hash browns.

Oh and my wife said "there goes his girlish figure." :lol:

Edited by Chef Jim

I read the whole thing and was neither amazed, upset, confused, excited, or inspired.

get with the times

Amazed that this made news. Upset because it is misleading to change gender identities. Confused because he has a dong. Excited because times are changing. Inspired because now you can grow up and be a queen too

Life was so much easier when we were kids. If we wanted a peek in the girls shower all we had to do was drill a hole in the wall. These days they have to go through hormone replacement.

The concrete block wall between the boys and girls gym locker rooms did not go all the way up to the ceiling. Many attempts were made to scale the lockers and peer over, but the tops of them were sloped (like pictured below) to help prevent being able to stay up there. And of course you also had to look out for the gym teacher, since his office window looked into the locker room also.

TeamLockerGreen.jpg

The concrete block wall between the boys and girls gym locker rooms did not go all the way up to the ceiling. Many attempts were made to scale the lockers and peer over, but the tops of them were sloped (like pictured below) to help prevent being able to stay up there. And of course you also had to look out for the gym teacher, since his office window looked into the locker room also.

our wall in junior high only went halfway up then had a hanging ceiling. The girls and boys bathrooms were back to back. The hanging ceiling was strong enough some of the brave boys could crawl over it as long as they walked on the framing. You could then use the vents to look down in to the lock room.

Which bathroom does it use in school?

That's the better question I have been wondering since. I had seen a similar story about a kid who was also a crossdresser - he was allowed to use the girls bathroom until there was an uproar from parents. The bright people of the school decided that he should be given his own bathroom after it was pointed out that he would make other boys feel uncomfortable being in the same bathroom. That caused a bigger uproar. I have no idea what ended up happening, I lost the story.

our wall in junior high only went halfway up then had a hanging ceiling. The girls and boys bathrooms were back to back. The hanging ceiling was strong enough some of the brave boys could crawl over it as long as they walked on the framing. You could then use the vents to look down in to the lock room.

That's the better question I have been wondering since. I had seen a similar story about a kid who was also a crossdresser - he was allowed to use the girls bathroom until there was an uproar from parents. The bright people of the school decided that he should be given his own bathroom after it was pointed out that he would make other boys feel uncomfortable being in the same bathroom. That caused a bigger uproar. I have no idea what ended up happening, I lost the story.

That may be the better question but the best question is how to the girls feel about him in their bathroom and locker room?