he won Homecoming Queen

boyst

In all cerealness I cannot understand our culture. While I am all about tolerance I am concerned that we are creating too many special labels for too many ...situations? I saw a shirt once that read "labels are for jars, not people." This boy is a man, crossdresser, heshe, transgender, whatever... it's just the way it is.

In all cerealness I cannot understand our culture. While I am all about tolerance I am concerned that we are creating too many special labels for too many ...situations? I saw a shirt once that read "labels are for jars, not people." This boy is a man, crossdresser, heshe, transgender, whatever... it's just the way it is.

I tend to agree. Nobody wants to think as a group/collectively... It is all about the individual and their wants. Yet, you still need order. People will judge. There are baselines and norms... It can't be a free-for-all 24/7.

Like I said... Just build separate bathrooms and locker rooms... See the price skyrocket! It still comes down to X's & O's and forcing some people to share more of a social burden... BUT nobody wants to share that social burden... It is all about self.

Look, I posted earlier how she/he is all devasted by the response and took to Youtube to whine and "be devastated"... It almost sounded like they were going to commit suicide or something... What? Laying a guilt trip? That is so whiny.

Any standard bearer is going to have to endure... They just don't make 'em like Jackie Robinson any more... BUT he took his strength from other places @ times. That Youtube video was a train wreck... Who the heck is advising them?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I tend to agree. Nobody wants to think as a group/collectively... It is all about the individual and their wants. Yet, you still need order. People will judge. There are baselines and norms... It can't be a free-for-all 24/7.

Like I said... Just build separate bathrooms and locker rooms... See the price skyrocket! It still comes down to X's & O's and forcing some people to share more of a social burden... BUT nobody wants to share that social burden... It is all about self.

Look, I posted earlier how she/he is all devasted by the response and took to Youtube to whine and "be devastated"... It almost sounded like they were going to commit suicide or something... What? Laying a guilt trip? That is so whiny.

Any standard bearer is going to have to endure... They just don't make 'em like Jackie Robinson any more... BUT he took his strength from other places @ times. That Youtube video was a train wreck... Who the heck is advising them?

If, unfortunately, he decides to take his life then it will turn this entire story on it's ear. It will be about the bullies who pushed him there instead of the cooks who put the spotlight on a teenager in such a position. I, doubt, however he will harm himself. It seems like he has a great community and support from many people and I am happy for that. However, they are still wrong to have put the light on him like this. He is still a teenager and very immature.

If, unfortunately, he decides to take his life then it will turn this entire story on it's ear. It will be about the bullies who pushed him there instead of the cooks who put the spotlight on a teenager in such a position. I, doubt, however he will harm himself. It seems like he has a great community and support from many people and I am happy for that. However, they are still wrong to have put the light on him like this. He is still a teenager and very immature.

Hey... Leave Chef outta of this... He didn't put him/her there.

:-P

Anyway... What is the whole point? Self interest, doing what one wants... Even if it !@#$s up all social mores & throws them out the window.

My HS had the girls wear suits in the pool, but the boys had to go naked. When we had pool during gym, you could see through the slit between the exit doors, all the girls piling around the doors trying to get a peek. Yo avoided walking near the doors because a few a-holes would try to throw you into the bar on the doors so that you would fall into the girls locker room.

My HS had the girls wear suits in the pool, but the boys had to go naked. When we had pool during gym, you could see through the slit between the exit doors, all the girls piling around the doors trying to get a peek. Yo avoided walking near the doors because a few a-holes would try to throw you into the bar on the doors so that you would fall into the girls locker room.

I think we went to the same high school

why the wide wide world of sportd would they have ya'll swimming naked?

With the flimsy suites they gave us to wear (color coded for your size) you might as well have been naked.

The best endowed girl in our class swam the backstroke. They had banners stretched across to pool to let them know they were 10 yard, or whatever, away from the end of the pool. Our gym teacher told us they had to raise the banners when she raced. :lol: Try to get away with that today.

This story gets even better. I heard the homecoming king took her out on a date later that evening, wined her, dined her; he went to put his hand up her skirt & was holding a tree trunk. He said "hey for a chick you got some set of balls."

Signed Andrew Dice Clay

Generational thing... I was born in '68 and my brother '64. It was the same policy for him @ West Seneca schools. Females where given suits to wear... Most girls skipped swim by making up the exuse that it was that time of the month! LoL Our Junior had a pool. They phased going naked out just as my class made it to Jr. High for 7th grade. I was really sweating it from the stories my brother told. One kid in his class had his mother make him were a swimsuit... My brother said, that was the kid that got picked on the worst! He looks back on it and it is surreal for him. He can't imagine what the heck the schools were thinking. Totally creep in today's world. And yes, looking back on it, he thinks it was creepy back then too!

Generational thing... I was born in '68 and my brother '64. It was the same policy for him @ West Seneca schools. Females where given suits to wear... Most girls skipped swim by making up the exuse that it was that time of the month! LoL Our Junior had a pool. They phased going naked out just as my class made it to Jr. High for 7th grade. I was really sweating it from the stories my brother told. One kid in his class had his mother make him were a swimsuit... My brother said, that was the kid that got picked on the worst! He looks back on it and it is surreal for him. He can't imagine what the heck the schools were thinking. Totally creep in today's world. And yes, looking back on it, he thinks it was creepy back then too!

A generational thing? I don't think so. I'm older than you and I have 4 siblings older than me and the only place we swam naked was in our own pool. I've never heard this before and the fact that the boys swam naked is just plain weird. If the school didn't provide suits why didn't the students just bring their own?