How to slow Bills running back C.J. Spiller: 'Hit him in the mouth

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's Antonio Allen? Who's Antonio Allen? Are you kidding me? We are talking about the 242nd pick in the 2012 draft here. Are you friggin' kidding me? Who's Antonio Allen?

GO BILLS!!!

His parents are Peter Allen and Antonio Aguilar, that who!

Allen is trying to get into CJ's head. If he mentally believes the team is going to hit him hard over and over, he may play scared for fear of injury. Tactic typically used against players who are physically superior/more talented, they play mind games against them. They tried it earlier in the week with EJ, but not sure he is the type of player that would be affected by mental tactics like that. I don't know about CJ, we'll see. I hope he plays his game. He has done it against the Jets before.

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

I guess I don't get comments like that..... I'm pretty sure just about any NFL defensive player would put as big of a hit as possible on a ballcarrier. That's what makes the great ones great, you either can't catch em or you never can line em up. If he's talking about after the whistle stuff, that works both ways.

“I’m familiar with Spiller,” Allen said. “He’s still talented to this day. He’s still the same guy to me (as he was in high school). I think you’ve just got to hit him in the mouth. Nobody likes to get hit in the mouth. Be aggressive with him, be physical and that should take care of it. You’ve just got to hit him in the mouth. Since high school, he’s been that type of guy. If you hit him in the mouth, he’s always looking for you once you lay that wood on him one time. He’ll be looking for you next time.”

http://www.nj.com/je..._the_mouth.html

Obvious guy says, "How do you hit someone in the mouth without getting your fist stuck in helmet"

“I’m familiar with Spiller,” Allen said. “He’s still talented to this day. He’s still the same guy to me (as he was in high school). I think you’ve just got to hit him in the mouth. Nobody likes to get hit in the mouth. Be aggressive with him, be physical and that should take care of it. You’ve just got to hit him in the mouth. Since high school, he’s been that type of guy. If you hit him in the mouth, he’s always looking for you once you lay that wood on him one time. He’ll be looking for you next time.”

http://www.nj.com/je..._the_mouth.html

Well all right, CJ. Listen up. You hear footsteps after you get hit in the mouth. You're more affected than other backs. Allen says so.

Let me get this right, as I want to understand what I just read..... Virtual unknown 7th rd safety Antionio Allen who knows CJ Spiller but doesn't really know him, but he got the opportunity to say hello to him last year, so hey knows him, oh and he remembered him from highschool even though he didn't know him but assumes he's the same person he was then, knows how to stop CJ Spiller?!? Alrighty then :wallbash:

It's Jeff Gillooly of Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan fame.

You know, I thought that was the obvious choice but I have a (clearly faulty) memory of that guy looking very different, so I thought it must be done other famous kneecapper.