How do we stack up against the Jets?

boyst

Alright people, it is Tuesday. We've watched Sundays film already and now we need to get ready for Sunday. Lets game plan.

What are the matchups you are waiting to see?

I am eager to see how our RB's play against the Jets DL/LB. Rex has a way of making average LB's great and the Jets DL have always been good.

I am also hoping to see our LB's take on Geno Smith. I think if either QB, Manuel or Smith, is more ready to handle a blitzing defense it is Manuel. He has looked better on his feet and we have a line playing great.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am confident the Bills defense can handle the Jets offense. It will really be about Manuel being able to find open targets in the face of what I expect will be an attempt by the Jets to flood the short zones with defenders and confuse Manuel with multiple rush looks. I would expect the deep plays to be open all day. The Bills will need to be able to complete passes down the seem and deep sidelines to pull the Jets out of a smothering short yardage look. Fitzpatrick was never able to beat this defense.

The JETS O-line has some serious deficiencies, especially with a rookie QB who likes to hold the ball and is prone to taking a lot of sacks. I see our defense being very sack happy on Sunday. If we can stop the NYJ running game the Jets will struggle mightily on offense. This will also be a big test for our own rookie QB vs a blitz happy Ryan defense. The Bills' offense had better be ready for the blitz because it's coming early and often. I can see Spiller having a huge game he will have the opportunity to get the ball in space quite a bit....and when that happens......well, you know.

There is going to be a game this year where EJ starts slinging it to the intermediate and deep areas and after that never looks back.......except for checkdowns to RB's when nothing is open.....

This might be the game that starts.

See....this is what is going to make us a better team then in years past......go ahead and take away the short stuff and force our QB to throw deep....he can flick the damn thing 30 yards

Is this a good time to ask about the notion of CJ & FredEx on the field together? This has been an oft-mentioned but seldom, if ever, really analyzed idea in terms of specific matchups going into a game. Not even pretending to have a football player/coach bone in my body, I can only ask the leading question!

To my eye, Freddy is so good at blocking / blitz pickup when necessary that this combination, whether in the backfield or one/both split out, might be a useful counter to the NY blitz schemes...and I don't think we've seen them on the field together yet this year.

Just askin', cuz I know some of you are capable of anal-izing this...

Edited by Rhode Island Red

"How do we stack up against the Jets "

I would better ask how well we shed those o lineman and TE's and make the tackle. Its easy to stack Jets much harder to shed them and then make the play on the ball .

What we do to Geno will pronounce loudly how the game goes.

If we can Cam Newton him they have little hope.

Defense wins the game . and i sure do hope to see the deep ball to Graham succeed once . Just to say we did . Can you hear me Nathaniel?

I am confident the Bills defense can handle the Jets offense. It will really be about Manuel being able to find open targets in the face of what I expect will be an attempt by the Jets to flood the short zones with defenders and confuse Manuel with multiple rush looks. I would expect the deep plays to be open all day. The Bills will need to be able to complete passes down the seem and deep sidelines to pull the Jets out of a smothering short yardage look. Fitzpatrick was never able to beat this defense.

Very good.

Deep throw is still something ej needs pull off.

I'll be looking for it Sunday.

Edited by Tony baggadoughnuts

i'm looking forward to seeing how EJ handles the jets defense as a whole. it will be interesting to see just how much pressure rex brings at the rookie and if manuel will continue to handle it with his seemingly customary calm and poise.

Rex needs to worry about how much pressure the Bills give Gino

Good point. Since after the top 2 WR we have not seen much I'd like a 2 WR, TE set with FJackson and Spiller. Let spiller go to a split end and see what that draws. Spiller as a WR is a good miss match. Fred can block the blitzer. Take the ball and run. Or option off a dump route. Plus it gives us the chance to screen.

It puts our best players on the field.

Honestly, I think the Bills are far and away the more superior team. Doesn't mean we'll win. He's a blowhard, but Ryan is a damn good DC and the Bills always get outphysicaled (probably not a word) by the Jets. Every game we play them, I think we are the more talented team yet they've smoked us.

My hope is that for once, we don't have a soft defense and a QB who can't be easily game planned against (for Fitz, it was crowd the line force him to throw down field). I know deep in his heart, Ryan would trade the Jets' roster for the Bills in a second.

Should be a good matchup.....need to stop the run and force Geno Smith to make plays on 3rd down, get 2+ turnovers....on offense be conservative by running and mixing in some play action and don't make the bad plays.....Marrone had a lot of success against Geno in college.

Personally, I think the Jets are probably in the same middle ground grouping as us, the Patriots, and the Panthers at the moment. I don't see it being an easy win, or an automatic win by any stretch. It's kind of funny how quick perceptions can change with just a couple games.